The GM was always the problem here....

Todd Bowles made some questionable decisions in NY. Rex Ryan made some questionable decisions in NY. Adam Gase made a LOT of questionable decisions in NY.

However, they were ALL good enough coaches.

The GM meaning THREE people who need not be named, could NEVER give the HC the talent necessary to win. 

I know I'll get a lot of sh*t for this and I don't disagree with Rex, Bowles, and Gase being fired, but I submit to you they screwed all along. There's no way they could have win with how little talent this team had....

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 6
  • Confused 1
8 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Todd Bowles made some questionable decisions in NY. Rex Ryan made some questionable decisions in NY. Adam Gase made a LOT of questionable decisions in NY.

The GM meaning THREE people who need not be named, could NEVER give the HC the talent necessary to win. 

I know I'll get a lot of sh*t for this and I don't disagree with Rex, Bowles, and Gase being fired, but I submit to you they screwed all along. There's no way they could have win with how little talent this team had....

Gase was shocking, but I take your point about GM.

• Upvote 2
21 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Are you drunk?

• Upvote 2
29 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Bowles may be a good coordinator/assistant, but he was a terrible head coach. We'll see what he does if he gets a 2nd go around elsewhere. 

Gase is just terrible, period. He was as bad, if not, worse than Bowles if that's even possible. 

Rex Ryan did good when he had talent around him, but as it eroded, his buffoonery caught up to him and his weaknesses as a coach.  

• Upvote 2
37 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Some coaches are much better coordinators than Head Coaches. While the GM sucked, Bowles did not do a good job as HC

• Upvote 1
53 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

No they werent.  They are all horrible head coaches.  That is y none of them are currently head coaches.

57 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Bowles was a soldier. bit his tongue but knew the talent sucked.  

Yes he was, but Rex and Gase were faced with the very same impossible plight. The bottom line is the ONLY way Robert Saleh will be successful is if Joe Douglas knows how to do his job.....

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, NYJ1 said:

Yes he was, but Rex and Gase were faced with the very same impossible plight. The bottom line is the ONLY way Robert Saleh will be successful is if Joe Douglas knows how to do his job.....

GM maybe the most important position in football.  

• Upvote 4

Theres a point of diminishing returns. Lenin said everyone will eventually be promoted to the position they are finally incompetent and that Was bowles.

just because hes the dc of a sb team doesnt mean he can make it as a head coach. He sucked and was in over his head in most regards, and thats ok.

hes back where he belongs and quite frankly the bucs d is who won tonight. 

• Upvote 2
39 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Bowles was a terrible coach that got at least one more year than he deserved.

You're not understanding the larger issue here... Bowles, just like anyone else could NEVER win with the Jets roster. Whether you think he's a good coach or not is not relevant. NO ONE could win with the Jets roster....

• Post of the Week 1

You all seem to be stuck in 1st gear? Critique toilet all you'd like, you're pissing up a rope if you think you know what he could have achieved with a decent roster? He was SCREWED regardless of his individual coaching prowess and so was Gase and Rex....

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The texans say hi

Stop.

Watson may not really be that good.  Much like Kirk Cousins.  

Numbers aren't everything.  

You know what, you convinced me.  I'm out on Watson.

• Confused 1
2 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

As has always been the case with the history of this team, more than one person can be incompetent at their jobs at the same time, and the failures of one does not magically exonerate all others.

This.  When a team is as bad as we have been for the last decade, there is a lot wroing with the team.  Ownership, GM, Coaching, players.  It has been bad at all levels.

Rex won when he had talent. So, that confirms your theory of him specifically.

Gase...I don’t know. Seems like he needs to be in a perfect situation to be successful. He’s a bad HC.

Bowles. I don’t know. He’ll get another shot to prove himself at some point.

My view is the GM has been the main issue, but the HC get some blame not developing players. Gase did an awful job working with Darnold. And Rex did an awful job working with Sanchez. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

You all seem to be stuck in 1st gear? Critique toilet all you'd like, you're pissing up a rope if you think you know what he could have achieved with a decent roster? He was SCREWED regardless of his individual coaching prowess and so was Gase and Rex....

He went 10-6 when he had actual NFL talent 

• Upvote 1

Looking at the last round of HC hires, the NFL appears to be looking for younger, dynamic, visionary CEO leader types.  

Saleh was able to convert himself into one.  

Bowles is another good coordinator, and Arians is on the radio saying that he would be a good HC with a good GM.  

But he got passed over, and I don't know when his number gets called again.  At least Bowles is a good DC-do we even know what Beinemy does?  

Bowles' best chance may be to succeed Arians at TB, but he needs to work on his CEO skills.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
53 minutes ago, varjet said:

Looking at the last round of HC hires, the NFL appears to be looking for younger, dynamic, visionary CEO leader types.  

Saleh was able to convert himself into one.  

Bowles is another good coordinator, and Arians is on the radio saying that he would be a good HC with a good GM.  

But he got passed over, and I don't know when his number gets called again.  At least Bowles is a good DC-do we even know what Beinemy does?  

Bowles' best chance may be to succeed Arians at TB, but he needs to work on his CEO skills.

Agree 100%

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

Vote to ban is currently in process. Thank you for your understanding everyone.