Jump to content

Christopher Johnson's Bio on NY Jets.com


Recommended Posts

Christopher Wold Johnson, an owner of the New York Jets since 2000, enters his fourth season as chairman & CEO. A fourth-generation member of the founding family of Johnson & Johnson, he has overseen pivotal changes within the organization, key additions both on and off the field, and an update to the club's brand and uniform for the first time in 20 years.

https://www.newyorkjets.com/team/front-office-roster/christopher-johnson

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The thing is that he even screwed up the uniforms, they are clownish looking.  

"So what do you do for a living?" "I own the Jets." "OK....but what do you do?" "I ruin the Jets" "OK...but weren't they already ruined?" "I ruin them more"

There it is folks. Just wanted to share. When uniform changes are a key accomplishment, well...just let that one sink in. (I do think he did the right thing getting Douglas here and letting him p

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

There it is folks. Just wanted to share. When uniform changes are a key accomplishment, well...just let that one sink in.

(I do think he did the right thing getting Douglas here and letting him pick the coach).

I work in real estate and it kind of reminded me of those times you get a listing of a really  horrible property and have no idea what to write in the ad and suddenly realize it has hard wood floors like every other house or apartment. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

He has a brother who was a bit of a big cheese in the diplomatic service as I understand things.

 

Almost secured the British Open golf tournament to be played at a US owned golf course.  Good stuff right there.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I work in real estate and it kind of reminded me of those times you get a listing of a really  horrible property and have no idea what to write in the ad and suddenly realize it has hard wood floors like every other house or apartment. 

f8e77ae48878ddc1d874b237bbf44c82.jpg

 

😉

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Maxman said:

(I do think he did the right thing getting Douglas here and letting him pick the coach).

agreed !  😎

 

if i may,.. now i hope he  " stays out of the way "  and allows our gm & coach to do their job. Seriously  🙂  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Green DNA said:

The thing is that he even screwed up the uniforms, they are clownish looking.  

Looks like a damn Semi pro team. We have to have the worst uniform revamp of all the other teams so far (besides maybe the buccaneers of 2012 or whatever)

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, I didn't realize he was 3 generations removed from the people that actually did something. I thought it was only 2. Not that it makes him any less useless. Must be nice to inherit everything and never have to lift a finger or brain cell in your entire existence.

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Maxman said:

Christopher Wold Johnson, an owner of the New York Jets since 2000, enters his fourth season as chairman & CEO. A fourth-generation member of the founding family of Johnson & Johnson, he has overseen pivotal changes within the organization, key additions both on and off the field, and an update to the club's brand and uniform for the first time in 20 years.

https://www.newyorkjets.com/team/front-office-roster/christopher-johnson

good thing Woody's back?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Wow, I didn't realize he was 3 generations removed from the people that actually did something. I thought it was only 2. Not that it makes him any less useless. Must be nice to inherit everything and never have to lift a finger or brain cell in your entire existence.

charles-hero.jpg

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Wow, I didn't realize he was 3 generations removed from the people that actually did something. I thought it was only 2. Not that it makes him any less useless. Must be nice to inherit everything and never have to lift a finger or brain cell in your entire existence.

"So what do you do for a living?"

"I own the Jets."

"OK....but what do you do?"

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Green DNA said:

The thing is that he even screwed up the uniforms, they are clownish looking.  

I think we can blame Nike for that. All the uniforms they designed are clownish. Chris (Dumber) Johnson merely approved the clownish uniforms that Nike charged him a fortune to design...

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Maxman said:

"So what do you do for a living?"

"I own the Jets."

"OK....but what do you do?"

 

I used to run the Jets but now my brother is back.......so I'm back to sitting in the corner. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

I used to run the Jets but now my brother is back.......so I'm back to sitting in the corner. 

Now, if we can get them to both sit in the corner and let JD run things, maybe I'll live long enough to see us win something.

Maybe.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Maxman said:

Christopher Wold Johnson, an owner of the New York Jets since 2000, enters his fourth season as chairman & CEO. A fourth-generation member of the founding family of Johnson & Johnson, he has overseen pivotal changes within the organization, key additions both on and off the field, and an update to the club's brand and uniform for the first time in 20 years.

https://www.newyorkjets.com/team/front-office-roster/christopher-johnson

 

What's weird about this bio is that says nothing about his professional career before 2017.

I went to his wikipedia page and that doesn't say anything either.

He's 62 years old.

Was becoming CEO of the Jets 4 years ago his first real job?

Any wonder why we are where we are?

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

 

What's weird about this bio is that says nothing about his professional career before 2017.

I went to his wikipedia page and that doesn't say anything either.

He's 62 years old.

Was becoming CEO of the Jets 4 years ago his first real job?

Any wonder why we are where we are?

What professional career? He's a trust fund baby. He's never worked a day in his life.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been screaming this for over a year. he has NOTHING on a wiki page.  he wakes up, has maids, butlers and has done absolutely nothing with his life. 
 

His claim to fame is giving away money and hiring Joe Douglas...   

For those of us old enough to remember he is Dudley Moore’s Arthur . 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Wow, I didn't realize he was 3 generations removed from the people that actually did something. I thought it was only 2. Not that it makes him any less useless. Must be nice to inherit everything and never have to lift a finger or brain cell in your entire existence.

J and J stock is one of the best performers last several years. SO.... his good fortune continues.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Maxman said:

There it is folks. Just wanted to share. When uniform changes are a key accomplishment, well...just let that one sink in.

(I do think he did the right thing getting Douglas here and letting him pick the coach).

would douglas even be here if it wasn't for the smart Adam Gase hire?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, y2k8 said:

 

What's weird about this bio is that says nothing about his professional career before 2017.

I went to his wikipedia page and that doesn't say anything either.

He's 62 years old.

Was becoming CEO of the Jets 4 years ago his first real job?

Any wonder why we are where we are?

what does your Wikipedia page say?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this is beating a dead horse.  It appears that the Johnsons have now done the right thing.  They hired a highly regarded GM with a great pedigree in Douglas.  They cut bait on the disaster that was Gase.  They permitted Douglas to head up the coaching search and landed the most coveted HC candidate in Saleh. They changed the organizational structure so that Saleh reports to Douglas.  They permitted Douglas to compile draft picks and cap space by not going for the illusory quick fix in 2020.

Everything that has happened since January 4th has been positive.  In fact, a month ago the football media was speculating that the top QB prospects would  pull an Elway/Manning and refuse to play for the Jets.  Now the Jets are the preferred  destination for Watson (both by Watson himself and the same NFL media that were saying Lawrence should refuse to play here).  

So in three weeks the Jets have gone from perceived dumpster fire to the "up and coming" franchise and  the place to be/go.  Hess had an epiphany late in his life and hired Parcells and appeared to have locked up Belichick as the successor. HIs premature death and some bumbling by Parcells and the Johnsons screwed that up.  It appears that the Johnsons have also had an epiphany and have decided that the Jets should be run like a top notch organization with highly regarded football minds.  How about we let this offseason play out and see if the Johnsons back off and let Douglas  and Saleh run things and turn this franchise around.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I think this is beating a dead horse.  It appears that the Johnsons have now done the right thing.  They hired a highly regarded GM with a great pedigree in Douglas.  They cut bait on the disaster that was Gase.  They permitted Douglas to head up the coaching search and landed the most coveted HC candidate in Saleh. They changed the organizational structure so that Saleh reports to Douglas.  They permitted Douglas to compile draft picks and cap space by not going for the illusory quick fix in 2020.

Everything that has happened since January 4th has been positive.  In fact, a month ago the football media was speculating that the top QB prospects would  pull an Elway/Manning and refuse to play for the Jets.  Now the Jets are the preferred  destination for Watson (both by Watson himself and the same NFL media that were saying Lawrence should refuse to play here).  

So in three weeks the Jets have gone from perceived dumpster fire to the "up and coming" franchise and  the place to be/go.  Hess had an epiphany late in his life and hired Parcells and appeared to have locked up Belichick as the successor. HIs premature death and some bumbling by Parcells and the Johnsons screwed that up.  It appears that the Johnsons have also had an epiphany and have decided that the Jets should be run like a top notch organization with highly regarded football minds.  How about we let this offseason play out and see if the Johnsons back off and let Douglas  and Saleh run things and turn this franchise around.  

Excellent post.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, viffer said:

What professional career? He's a trust fund baby. He's never worked a day in his life.

We all know he was/is a trust fund baby. But to not have done ANYTHING professionally until your late 50s?  

He had to have done something... but I can't find anything on him pre-2017

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

what does your Wikipedia page say?

I don't have a Wikipedia page, but my professional accomplishments are very easily discovered via google.

And I'm not CEO of the Jets nor a billionaire

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

* *.. I can't find anything on him pre-2017

if i may,.. i seriously doubt you will find anything because there is NOTHING to find  🧐 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...