Christopher Johnson's Bio on NY Jets.com

Maxman

Christopher Wold Johnson, an owner of the New York Jets since 2000, enters his fourth season as chairman & CEO. A fourth-generation member of the founding family of Johnson & Johnson, he has overseen pivotal changes within the organization, key additions both on and off the field, and an update to the club's brand and uniform for the first time in 20 years.

https://www.newyorkjets.com/team/front-office-roster/christopher-johnson

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

There it is folks. Just wanted to share. When uniform changes are a key accomplishment, well...just let that one sink in.

(I do think he did the right thing getting Douglas here and letting him pick the coach).

I work in real estate and it kind of reminded me of those times you get a listing of a really  horrible property and have no idea what to write in the ad and suddenly realize it has hard wood floors like every other house or apartment. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I work in real estate and it kind of reminded me of those times you get a listing of a really  horrible property and have no idea what to write in the ad and suddenly realize it has hard wood floors like every other house or apartment. 

f8e77ae48878ddc1d874b237bbf44c82.jpg

?

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

(I do think he did the right thing getting Douglas here and letting him pick the coach).

agreed !  ?

if i may,.. now i hope he  " stays out of the way "  and allows our gm & coach to do their job. Seriously  ?  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

Christopher Wold Johnson, an owner of the New York Jets since 2000, enters his fourth season as chairman & CEO. A fourth-generation member of the founding family of Johnson & Johnson, he has overseen pivotal changes within the organization, key additions both on and off the field, and an update to the club's brand and uniform for the first time in 20 years.

good thing Woody's back?

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Wow, I didn't realize he was 3 generations removed from the people that actually did something. I thought it was only 2. Not that it makes him any less useless. Must be nice to inherit everything and never have to lift a finger or brain cell in your entire existence.

charles-hero.jpg

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Wow, I didn't realize he was 3 generations removed from the people that actually did something. I thought it was only 2. Not that it makes him any less useless. Must be nice to inherit everything and never have to lift a finger or brain cell in your entire existence.

"So what do you do for a living?"

"I own the Jets."

"OK....but what do you do?"

5 hours ago, Green DNA said:

The thing is that he even screwed up the uniforms, they are clownish looking.  

I think we can blame Nike for that. All the uniforms they designed are clownish. Chris (Dumber) Johnson merely approved the clownish uniforms that Nike charged him a fortune to design...

54 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

I used to run the Jets but now my brother is back.......so I'm back to sitting in the corner. 

Now, if we can get them to both sit in the corner and let JD run things, maybe I'll live long enough to see us win something.

Maybe.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Maxman said:

What's weird about this bio is that says nothing about his professional career before 2017.

I went to his wikipedia page and that doesn't say anything either.

He's 62 years old.

Was becoming CEO of the Jets 4 years ago his first real job?

Any wonder why we are where we are?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

33 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

What's weird about this bio is that says nothing about his professional career before 2017.

He's 62 years old.

What professional career? He's a trust fund baby. He's never worked a day in his life.

7 hours ago, JetPotato said:

J and J stock is one of the best performers last several years. SO.... his good fortune continues.   

15 hours ago, Maxman said:

There it is folks. Just wanted to share. When uniform changes are a key accomplishment, well...just let that one sink in.

would douglas even be here if it wasn't for the smart Adam Gase hire?

1 hour ago, y2k8 said:

He's 62 years old.

what does your Wikipedia page say?

I think this is beating a dead horse.  It appears that the Johnsons have now done the right thing.  They hired a highly regarded GM with a great pedigree in Douglas.  They cut bait on the disaster that was Gase.  They permitted Douglas to head up the coaching search and landed the most coveted HC candidate in Saleh. They changed the organizational structure so that Saleh reports to Douglas.  They permitted Douglas to compile draft picks and cap space by not going for the illusory quick fix in 2020.

Everything that has happened since January 4th has been positive.  In fact, a month ago the football media was speculating that the top QB prospects would  pull an Elway/Manning and refuse to play for the Jets.  Now the Jets are the preferred  destination for Watson (both by Watson himself and the same NFL media that were saying Lawrence should refuse to play here).  

So in three weeks the Jets have gone from perceived dumpster fire to the "up and coming" franchise and  the place to be/go.  Hess had an epiphany late in his life and hired Parcells and appeared to have locked up Belichick as the successor. HIs premature death and some bumbling by Parcells and the Johnsons screwed that up.  It appears that the Johnsons have also had an epiphany and have decided that the Jets should be run like a top notch organization with highly regarded football minds.  How about we let this offseason play out and see if the Johnsons back off and let Douglas  and Saleh run things and turn this franchise around.  

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I think this is beating a dead horse.  It appears that the Johnsons have now done the right thing.  They hired a highly regarded GM with a great pedigree in Douglas.  They cut bait on the disaster that was Gase.  They permitted Douglas to head up the coaching search and landed the most coveted HC candidate in Saleh. They changed the organizational structure so that Saleh reports to Douglas.  They permitted Douglas to compile draft picks and cap space by not going for the illusory quick fix in 2020.

Everything that has happened since January 4th has been positive.  In fact, a month ago the football media was speculating that the top QB prospects would  pull an Elway/Manning and refuse to play for the Jets.  Now the Jets are the preferred  destination for Watson (both by Watson himself and the same NFL media that were saying Lawrence should refuse to play here).  

So in three weeks the Jets have gone from perceived dumpster fire to the "up and coming" franchise and  the place to be/go.  Hess had an epiphany late in his life and hired Parcells and appeared to have locked up Belichick as the successor. HIs premature death and some bumbling by Parcells and the Johnsons screwed that up.  It appears that the Johnsons have also had an epiphany and have decided that the Jets should be run like a top notch organization with highly regarded football minds.  How about we let this offseason play out and see if the Johnsons back off and let Douglas  and Saleh run things and turn this franchise around.  

Excellent post.

2 hours ago, viffer said:

What professional career? He's a trust fund baby. He's never worked a day in his life.

We all know he was/is a trust fund baby. But to not have done ANYTHING professionally until your late 50s?  

He had to have done something... but I can't find anything on him pre-2017