Christopher Johnson's Bio on NY Jets.com

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The thing is that he even screwed up the uniforms, they are clownish looking.  

"So what do you do for a living?" "I own the Jets." "OK....but what do you do?" "I ruin the Jets" "OK...but weren't they already ruined?" "I ruin them more"

There it is folks. Just wanted to share. When uniform changes are a key accomplishment, well...just let that one sink in. (I do think he did the right thing getting Douglas here and letting him p

8 hours ago, kelly said:

charles-hero.jpg

I served him a drink once when I was a bartender (He did a Polo Match in South Florida back in 1990 or so). Nice enough guy. Thank God I was prepped for what a "Pimms Cup" was. 

His security detail guys were literally the coolest MoFos I've ever met to this day. All former SOE/SAS dudes, and every guy was like James Bond, with that chill and friendly but "ready" vibe that all Professional Killers have...same as the Delta guys I encountered at the School of the Americas in Ft. Benning.

Anyway, we delivered the bomb....

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, viffer said:

What professional career? He's a trust fund baby. He's never worked a day in his life.

It’s funny they tout his being a member of the Johnson & Johnson family but he never worked for the company. It’s like giving Paris Hilton credit for the success of the hotel chain. 

8 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I’ve been screaming this for over a year. he has NOTHING on a wiki page.  he wakes up, has maids, butlers and has done absolutely nothing with his life. 

His claim to fame is giving away money and hiring Joe Douglas...   

For those of us old enough to remember he is Dudley Moore’s Arthur . 

That was a great movie!

• Upvote 3
10 hours ago, SAR I said:

Bought the Jets for $635 million.

Currently the Jets are worth $3.2 billion.

That's one hell of a resume.

SAR I

And you don’t even have to put a professional product on the field to see your investment increase exponentially....Best Investment Ever...just a perfect one for the Blacksheep Johnson Brothers, who couldn’t run a corner bodega for a profit.

Born with a horseshoe up there a*s...and it never left.

4 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

And you don’t even have to put a professional product on the field to see your investment increase exponentially....Best Investment Ever...just a perfect one for the Blacksheep Johnson Brothers, who couldn’t run a corner bodega for a profit.

Born with a horseshoe up there a*s...and it never left.

Johnsons may well have the most profitable team in the league. 

4 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

don’t even have to put a professional product on the field

jetshistory.jpg

You need to remember your Jets history.

We've had 11 winning or non-losing seasons out of the 20 the Johnson's have owned the team.  If Pennington weren't made of glass, it would have been 14 out of 20.

We've made the playoffs 6 times, played in 12 playoff games, and won 6 of them.  Compare that to the Bills and Dolphins who have 1 playoff win since the Johnson's took Jets ownership, combined.

Half of the seasons in the last 25 years we are .500 or better.  A quarter of the seasons the last 25 years we make the playoffs.  Compare that to teams like the Bills since Kelly and the Dolphins since Marino, we look positively dominant.  And we never had a Hall of Fame quarterback, either.

Thing is, we're not even close to the worst franchise in the NFL in the last 25 years.  We're somewhere in the middle.  Like every good NFL team that had a decent 15 year run we're in the down period and trying to build ourselves back up.

Woody didn't do a bad job at all, either from increasing the value of his investment 5X or by the product on the field.  Chin up, peeps.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1

A friend asked me to review his CV once to apply for a job in Finance. He still had his first summer job on there -- waiting tables or something -- I told him to drop it.

The Johnsons probably still have "came out of the right wiener" on their CVs.

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I served him a drink once when I was a bartender (He did a Polo Match in South Florida back in 1990 or so). Nice enough guy. Thank God I was prepped for what a "Pimms Cup" was. 

His security detail guys were literally the coolest MoFos I've ever met to this day. All former SOE/SAS dudes, and every guy was like James Bond, with that chill and friendly but "ready" vibe that all Professional Killers have...same as the Delta guys I encountered at the School of the Americas in Ft. Benning.

So...you gave him his drink and said, "I am become death, destroyer of livers", Oppenheimer? 

• Haha 1

I'd just like to add that during the Saleh intro presser, I noticed he has tiny tiny hands. Like porcelain doll tiny. Trump tiny. Its strange... with that bulbous cranium of his. 

image.jpg

Reminds me of...

200.gif

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, SAR I said:

jetshistory.jpg

You need to remember your Jets history.

We've had 11 winning or non-losing seasons out of the 20 the Johnson's have owned the team.  If Pennington weren't made of glass, it would have been 14 out of 20.

We've made the playoffs 6 times, played in 12 playoff games, and won 6 of them.  Compare that to the Bills and Dolphins who have 1 playoff win since the Johnson's took Jets ownership, combined.

Half of the seasons in the last 25 years we are .500 or better.  A quarter of the seasons the last 25 years we make the playoffs.  Compare that to teams like the Bills since Kelly and the Dolphins since Marino, we look positively dominant.  And we never had a Hall of Fame quarterback, either.

Thing is, we're not even close to the worst franchise in the NFL in the last 25 years.  We're somewhere in the middle.  Like every good NFL team that had a decent 15 year run we're in the down period and trying to build ourselves back up.

Woody didn't do a bad job at all, either from increasing the value of his investment 5X or by the product on the field.  Chin up, peeps.

SAR I

Great analysis.  I guess it’s the last few years, especially under Gase, where they were totally uncompetitive in many double digit losses that got me down.  Just a bad run.  

I have great expectations though with Saleh running the ship.  I have to give the Johnson’s credit for landing him.

• Post of the Week 1
7 hours ago, SAR I said:

Woody didn't do a bad job at all * * 

SAR I

* *  ok sar, it's time for YOU to leave your mother's basement..

giphy.gif

😳  

14 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

So when can we get rid of these horrid uniforms. It will be Woody's claim to fame.

i'll take care of the uniforms..

giphy.gif

😎

• Upvote 2
On 1/25/2021 at 12:59 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

"So what do you do for a living?"

"I own the Jets."

"OK....but what do you do?"

giphy.gif

On 1/25/2021 at 9:48 AM, JetPotato said:

Wow, I didn't realize he was 3 generations removed from the people that actually did something. I thought it was only 2. Not that it makes him any less useless. Must be nice to inherit everything and never have to lift a finger or brain cell in your entire existence.

" so mr. johnson,..  

giphy.gif  "  🙄

On 1/25/2021 at 12:05 AM, Maxman said:

Christopher Wold Johnson, an owner of the New York Jets since 2000, enters his fourth season as chairman & CEO. A fourth-generation member of the founding family of Johnson & Johnson, he has overseen pivotal changes within the organization, key additions both on and off the field, and an update to the club's brand and uniform for the first time in 20 years.

https://www.newyorkjets.com/team/front-office-roster/christopher-johnson

Is the asian chick actually fooling anybody at this point? Ay caramba.

On 1/26/2021 at 10:33 PM, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

Who ******* cares? I could care less if his bio said he was the best blower in the northeast. Really? Why is this a thing?

Sent from my SM-G973U using JetNation.com mobile app

I mean its rare that a guy who has no experience doing anything runs a billion dollar organization. 

On 1/25/2021 at 7:15 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

Out of curiosity........hows the pimms cup...i just googled and kinda wanna try

On 1/25/2021 at 5:34 PM, SAR I said:

Bought the Jets for $635 million.

Currently the Jets are worth $3.2 billion.

That's one hell of a resume.

SAR I

Yeahhhhhh, but that gain wasn’t made in a vacuum. I’d say pretty much every nfl team has made about the same % gain over that time. The popularity of the game and exploding tv contracts in the last 2 decades brought these valuations, and that wasn’t due to the Jets or anything they did. Also, there is tremendous scarcity with available NFL teams for ownership. I would bet any team coming on the market would sell at a premium to its value. Besides, if any member on this board happened to have that kind of generational wealth handed down from a great grandfather, they would have made the same decision to buy the jets from Leon.  

The guy who put his money on Apple when they were making computers in a garage or again when Sculley had destroyed them in the early 90s, or the guy who put money on Bezos when he was writing his business plan for Amazon in the back of his car.....that would be a resume. I’m not knocking WJ for buying the Jets because clearly it was a good decision, but it wasn’t a business decision that was breathtaking or visionary or particularly genius. 

2 hours ago, joebabyny said:

Yeahhhhhh, but that gain wasn’t made in a vacuum. I’d say pretty much every nfl team has made about the same % gain over that time. The popularity of the game and exploding tv contracts in the last 2 decades brought these valuations, and that wasn’t due to the Jets or anything they did. Also, there is tremendous scarcity with available NFL teams for ownership. I would bet any team coming on the market would sell at a premium to its value. Besides, if any member on this board happened to have that kind of generational wealth handed down from a great grandfather, they would have made the same decision to buy the jets from Leon.  

The guy who put his money on Apple when they were making computers in a garage or again when Sculley had destroyed them in the early 90s, or the guy who put money on Bezos when he was writing his business plan for Amazon in the back of his car.....that would be a resume. I’m not knocking WJ for buying the Jets because clearly it was a good decision, but it wasn’t a business decision that was breathtaking or visionary or particularly genius. 

They bought it in 2000....hardly a i bought a house in Brooklyn in 1960 for 50k and its now 1.5 mil 

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

They bought it in 2000....hardly a i bought a house in Brooklyn in 1960 for 50k and its now 1.5 mil 

You don’t think NFL popularity and media market money has exploded in the last 20 years? The advent of fantasy football alone has led to an explosion of popularity and revenue. Games and content are streaming on all kinds of devices, the nfl is playing games overseas, they even launched their own network in 2003. A LOT has happened in the last 20 years that caused a huge increase in revenue and valuation of an nfl team. 

So yeah, just looked it up, NFL went from 4 billion in revenue in 2001 to 15 billion in revenue in 2019. So yeah, the team value tracks very well with the overall revenue growth of the league, not to say anything of its expected continued exponential growth in light of the internet and increased media consumption not applicable in 2000. 

12 hours ago, joebabyny said:

You don’t think NFL popularity and media market money has exploded in the last 20 years? The advent of fantasy football alone has led to an explosion of popularity and revenue. Games and content are streaming on all kinds of devices, the nfl is playing games overseas, they even launched their own network in 2003. A LOT has happened in the last 20 years that caused a huge increase in revenue and valuation of an nfl team. 

So yeah, just looked it up, NFL went from 4 billion in revenue in 2001 to 15 billion in revenue in 2019. So yeah, the team value tracks very well with the overall revenue growth of the league, not to say anything of its expected continued exponential growth in light of the internet and increased media consumption not applicable in 2000. 

..and our jets are in the new york market.  Location, Location, Location   😎 

On 1/25/2021 at 9:48 AM, JetPotato said:

Wow, I didn't realize he was 3 generations removed from the people that actually did something. I thought it was only 2. Not that it makes him any less useless. Must be nice to inherit everything and never have to lift a finger or brain cell in your entire existence.

Sort of like Andrew Cuomo, Frank Sinatra Jr., and all the Kardashians.

While I'm not a fan of the Johnsons esp Woody you do have to give them credit for diversity. Since 2001 the Jets have hired 3 African American head coaches, Herm for five seasons, Bowles for 4 seasons and now Saleh. It's a lot more than most teams and all of these guys are currently coaching and doing pretty well. Most NFL franchises have to be forced to even give a qualified minority coach an interview.