Marshon Lattimore available?

Rhg1084

If he were playing at a high level they would definitely find a way to keep him. But that's not the case and his asking price may hedge more on his reputation of his 1st two seasons. Meanwhile the Saint may only want to pay base upon the past two.

In fact they would benefit giving him a fresh contract to create cap space rather then carry him on $10 mil. With that said, the CB market is lacking in FA and is a mystery past the top 3 ranked prospect in the draft. Therefore as a desperate team I would offer a 2021 (5th rounder) & conditional 2022 5th rounders.

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 2
  • Haha 3

45 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Not sure what type of trade compensation it would take to land him, but Jets should def try to get him. Would fit in nice to Saleh’s defense 

Lattimore would fit any defense.  There will be 31 teams interested and looking at how KC defended Diggs in man coverage, I'm pretty sure he will be a hot commodity..  I'd love to see us be aggressive on him.  Would completely fix the secondary in one shot.

Interesting that they prioritize the RT over the CB.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Lattimore gets lazy at times. He is obviously good but how good? Hes going to want Jalen Ramsey Money and the Saints are going to want a First for him. 

I'd take Richard Sherman on the cheap in FA on a one year deal and draft someone. Sherman, Bryce Hall and Poole would be a very decent starters while we draft more players. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1

18 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

If he were playing at a high level they would definitely find a way to keep him. But that's not the case and his asking price may hedge more on his reputation of his 1st two seasons. Meanwhile the Saint may only want to pay base upon the past two.

In fact they would benefit giving him a fresh contract to create cap space rather then carry him on $10 mil. With that said, the CB market is lacking in FA and is a mystery past the top 3 ranked prospect in the draft. Therefore as a desperate team I would offer a 2021 (5th rounder) & conditional 2022 5th rounders.

If you think the saints would trade Lattimore for a 5th rd pick you are high. They could let him walk as a free agent and they would probably get a 3rd rd comp pick. 

If he gets traded it would be for a 1st rounder. Maybe a 2nd rounder.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

If you think the saints would trade Lattimore for a 5th rd pick you are high. They could let him walk as a free agent and they would probably get a 3rd rd comp pick. 

Saints are either going to trade him or cut him.  If they cut him, they lose the comp pick.  They are not letting him play out his contract.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Holy sh!t.  It never ceases to amaze me the amount of people that just can’t bring themselves to want good players.  If lattimore was on this team, he’s the best CB that’s been here since revis.  I’m not passing up on sending a pick to NO for him to settle for Richard Sherman “on the cheap”.

Lets be specific about "Good Players". Lattimore is good but is he worth the draft picks needed to obtain him or the contract he wants? You tell me. 

The Saints are going to want a comparable return to other top CB's that have been traded. They are going to want a First round pick or more for Lattimore. Is he that good? 

Lattimore is going to want a Jalen Ramsey contract. Thats 20m per year. Is he worth that?

Lattimore in grading has not graded at a studly level since his rookie year. Yes he is certainly a good player but no way has he graded out as a 100m dollar player. NO obviously knows his contract demands and thats why they are trading him. He also has critisized for being lazy and there is certainly a chance he bust as getting 100m similar to our last big FA CB signing Trumaine Johnson. This year was supposed to be his best play as it was for a big contract and how good was it? Who did he dominate?

Regarding Richard Sherman - He is old, but knows the SF system and graded as as a top 5 CB in the NFL in 2019 (Wayyyyyyyy Higher then Lattimore) He Clearly wants to follow Saleh. Will be cheap and cost no draft picks. Its a very Baltimore Ravens type of move that usually works out quite well. Would be a great move for the Jets while grooming Hall.  

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Lattimore gets lazy at times. He is obviously good but how good? Hes going to want Jalen Ramsey Money and the Saints are going to want a First for him. 

I'd take Richard Sherman on the cheap in FA on a one year deal and draft someone. Sherman, Bryce Hall and Poole would be a very decent starters while we draft more players. 

Sherman would be great, ....................6 or 7 years ago.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, pointman said:

The idea that you have to sacrifice today to build build for tomorrow is an antiquated anomaly that doesn't hold water. You can go for it as you continue to build. Long term success does not have to come at the sacrifice of the short term. This is football. We can get a QB, a defensive back, a real wide receiver, and some other key pieces in free agency with the abundant cap space we have while stilling making a strong foundation. 

When you routinely see HCs get fired after 1-2 seasons, punting an entire season is insanity. These guys need to win and win right away.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

The problem is that's not feasible. They either have to extend or trade him. He can not play under that base salary.

Our 5th rounder is high for 2021. A 2022  conditional 5th rounder that can upgrade is what I suggest. Either to a 4th or 3rd. But that's the most I'll pay. So in your scenario I wouldn't get em. 

But my problem all together is he's been bad the past two season after looking promising the first 2. @bla bla bla just showed his pff grade to back that up.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shockwave said:

Thanks for posting this. Does this scream top 5 CB money and a high draft pick?

Exactly, what the hell happen to the lad? His play fell off. But some feel its worth a 1st or 2nd. He has youth, a great rookie season and a good sophomore year. But the past two have been rocky.