Marshon Lattimore available?

Rhg1084

8 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

If he were playing at a high level they would definitely find a way to keep him. But that's not the case and his asking price may hedge more on his reputation of his 1st two seasons. Meanwhile the Saint may only want to pay base upon the past two.

In fact they would benefit giving him a fresh contract to create cap space rather then carry him on $10 mil. With that said, the CB market is lacking in FA and is a mystery past the top 3 ranked prospect in the draft. Therefore as a desperate team I would offer a 2021 (5th rounder) & conditional 2022 5th rounders.

What the hell are you talking about? Go look at Mike Evans production when he faces Lattimore! They can't keep him because they can't pay him. PERIOD! This one guy would transform our defense like the domino affect with Hall fighting it out for the #2, Bless sliding to 3. 

Look what the Rams traded for Ramsey, Lattimore is a half step behind him. Jets need a #1 CB, pass rushing ends & OLB on defense. I'd give them #66. He's going to cost some big bucks. Look what Gilmore did for the Patriots defense. No way in hell JD & Saleh aren't peeling back this onion with 9 draft picks & a boatload of cash. These are the types of plays that alter what you do. If they can get Lattimore , They may look at Lindsey in free agency (less money than Thuney), and draft a Wyatt Davis (5 cheap years). 

• Upvote 1

The fact that he could become available is all the more reason to trade down and get more picks. We could probably get him with our 2nd rd pick. Or the 2nd rd pick we obtain in a trade down. This early in the rebuild talk might sound true now. What if we sign Thuney and Robinson. A good draft with all those picks and we're right thete.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, pointman said:

I swear to the pasta bolognese gods.. if with all this talent and the plethora of options we have this offseason we stick it out with Sam Darnold I am going to lose my sheet. 

freaking out GIF

I won't be watching another snap of Jets football with Darnold as QB unless he's coming in to replace the injured starter. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Butterfield said:

3rd rounder?  5th rounder?  You people are crazy.  He will get a first or 2nd at least.  

Underperforming the last 2 yrs?   Lazy reputation?
Last year of his rookie contract?  Current team in salary cap hell?

I doubt they get as much as you think he is worth.  Maybe a third and some performance or resigning based kicker.   Kind of like what our trade of Demario Davis to them looked like.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

winning games is always the goal. it will suck to suffer another season like this past one

The absolute best thing for this franchise is to not spend big in free agency, build through the draft and have a very scrappy, hard playing team next year that goes 4-12.

We then get another year of high draft picks and then in the 2022-2023 season we start to win some games.

• Thumb Down 1

9 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

He'll be a free agent anyway, Saints are just hoping they can get a pick for him before they cut him.  $10 mil left on his contract, 1 year, nonguaranteed.  I could see him going for a late rounder.

Yea, this isnt what im following.  Both Lattimore and Ramczyk have non-guaranteed salaries.  Yes they are under contract for 2021 so we couldnt simply sign them outright, but JD could also wait a year and not have to give up a draft pick.

Now - Darnold is a different story.  If JD thinks Ramczyk is an  upgrade over Fant, he could possibly swap Sam for him and sign Ramczyk to a long term deal.  

• Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, pointman said:

The idea that you have to sacrifice today to build build for tomorrow is an antiquated anomaly that doesn't hold water. You can go for it as you continue to build. Long term success does not have to come at the sacrifice of the short term. This is football. We can get a QB, a defensive back, a real wide receiver, and some other key pieces in free agency with the abundant cap space we have while stilling making a strong foundation. 

Point well taken, but how do you propose to do that, when everyone is clamoring for Watson, and now this guy. How many first's do you think it's going to take to get all the players JET fandom deems we need to get a good team on the field.

Please, the amount of draft capitol JD has acquired and cap space is the reason Saleh came here, because he has the same philosophy as JD. You build through the draft for sustainable teams.

We have plenty of CAP space for the wants of many JET fans to improve certain positions. it's not giving up the best resources to keep this team competitive for the long haul. I'm just as impatient as the next JET fan, but I want this done right this time around because I'd like to be the next Patriot dynasty and right now we're giving that away to the Bills and possibly the Dolphins.

9 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

No.  Build through the draft.  Winning games isnt the goal next year.  Being patient and building this roster for long term success is the goal.

9 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

Finally a smart and rational JETS fan....

For Jets fans, the future is always a season away.

annie GIF

9 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

No.  Build through the draft.  Winning games isnt the goal next year.  Being patient and building this roster for long term success is the goal.

You build through the draft.  And you supplement that by signing FA's and through trades for young talent like a Lattimore.  He would be the best CB we've had since Revis, is only 24 and could be had for relatively cheap and we shouldnt get him?  

Trading for a 24 yr old, top CB, a position of need for pennies on a dollar isnt building this roster?  Please tell me how and why?

2 hours ago, neckdemon said:

winning games is always the goal. it will suck to suffer another season like this past one

Winning games is always the goal, but not at the expense of long-term success. That was Mac's philosophy; throw big money at FA's in the hope of winning a few more games, and the team had no talent otherwise.

Spend wisely in free agency to get some talent where needed, but don't give up draft picks for overpriced FA's that check out as soon as they sign the big contract.

2 minutes ago, Drums said:

Yeah but Seattle being dumb doesn’t mean Jamal’s value was what we got for him though. Saints are backed up against a corner

Saints would 100% reference JA comp value. It’s basically a starting point. Especially since Lattimore is actually good.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You build through the draft.  And you supplement that by signing FA's and through trades for young talent like a Lattimore.  He would be the best CB we've had since Revis, is only 24 and could be had for relatively cheap and we shouldnt get him?  

Trading for a 24 yr old, top CB, a position of need for pennies on a dollar isnt building this roster?  Please tell me how and why?

Those are big assumptions. First, NO isn't likely to give him up for "pennies on the dollar". Second, he is going to want a big contract. We don't need a $20m corner at this point; we need too much talent to pay one piece $20m at this point (remember that big mouth pu$$y that demanded a trade because JD wouldn't pay him $22m per year?). We aren't 1 player away from a super bowl (more like 15 - 20 players away...).

9 hours ago, heymangold said:

Holy sh!t.  It never ceases to amaze me the amount of people that just can’t bring themselves to want good players.  If lattimore was on this team, he’s the best CB that’s been here since revis.  I’m not passing up on sending a pick to NO for him to settle for Richard Sherman “on the cheap”.

I’m amazed at some people’s thought process. I mean, I completely understand if he’s in his late 20’s or early 30’s but the guy is 24 years old. 

bUiLd THroUGH tHe DRafT

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, viffer said:

Those are big assumptions. First, NO isn't likely to give him up for "pennies on the dollar". Second, he is going to want a big contract. We don't need a $20m corner at this point; we need too much talent to pay one piece $20m at this point (remember that big mouth pu$$y that demanded a trade because JD wouldn't pay him $22m per year?). We aren't 1 player away from a super bowl (more like 15 - 20 players away...).

No theyre not.  Hes a 11th pick of the first round talent that we wont have to trade a 11th for.  Thats pennies on the dollar

I could care less how much he will be paid right now, good players get big contracts, why is that scary?