All things Star Wars!

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away ....

So I've noticed that many posters on here, maybe obviously because of our age group, grew up with this incredible story.

So all things George Lucas, Joseph Campbell the power of myth, Mark Hamill the Joker, Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones, you name it!

And to my fellow otherworldly geeky brethren, I present to you a gift, and it's not two droids!

Rf814dfc0a82c2beb3d187a1e8ed293d5.jpeg

• Upvote 2

As on OG Star Wars fan, born in 67, saw Star Wars in the theater at age 10, Empire at 13 and Jedi at 16, episodes 8,9 don’t count lol

still haven’t seen 9 , never will  
 8 is an offensive abomination which was bitch slapped into oblivion by the Luke we got in the mandalorian , and make no mistake that was intentional    
mark hamills comments about 8 and the mandalorian are crystal clear  

I remember playing with the “action figures “ lol and everyone wanted to be Han or boba fett or chewie

this is a true story. My friends father got us out of school early to go to the first showing of Empire. Waaaaaaaay before the internet so no spoilers, nobody had any idea what was coming.  As we are leaving , the second showing is in line, mostly kids and teenagers that got out of school on time, and we had to walk passed them to get to the car. My friend blurts out “ I can’t believe Vader is Luke’s father!!”

ouch 

So to whoever had the best plot twist ever ruined, sorry lol. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Well at least somebody spoke up it was starting to get lonely in here!

17 minutes ago, Larz said:

As on OG Star Wars fan, born in 67, saw Star Wars in the theater at age 10, Empire at 13 and Jedi at 16, episodes 8,9 don’t count lol

still haven’t seen 9 , never will  
 8 is an offensive abomination which was bitch slapped into oblivion by the Luke we got in the mandalorian , and make no mistake that was intentional    
mark hamills comments about 8 and the mandalorian are crystal clear  

I remember playing with the “action figures “ lol and everyone wanted to be Han or boba fett or chewie

this is a true story. My friends father got us out of school early to go to the first showing of Empire. Waaaaaaaay before the internet so no spoilers, nobody had any idea what was coming.  As we are leaving , the second showing is in line, mostly kids and teenagers that got out of school on time, and we had to walk passed them to get to the car. My friend blurts out “ I can’t believe Vader is Luke’s father!!”

ouch 

So to whoever had the best plot twist ever ruined, sorry lol. 

I haven't seen the Mandalorian I was moving and wanted to re-up all my TV and Computer Entertainment stuff.

I had a tough time with the new movies too. I actually liked all of it except for the freeing the space camels part with the Chinese chick. Looking back Force awakens and Rise of Skywalker were not that bad. The problem with the Last Jedi is it was Mark Hamill's best acting job but he never left the island and anything and then they f****** killed him LOL?

I think Rogue one was awesome, I think Solo was as bad as watching old episodes of The A-Team!

What sucks about the new trilogy was that I was really enjoying the first hour or so of The Force Awakens. 

I was sold. I was in. And then it became 'fire the giant planet weapon', 'blow up the giant planet weapon' and I felt cheesed.

The next two movies sucked. 

The unfortunate part was the possibility - good casting, interesting characters (at least initially), and I thought the whole two opposing sides of the force love story was actually a good idea, just poorly executed. And WTF did you do to Luke? And why is Leia flying out in space? And who the f*** is Snoke? And how lazy of you to bring back Palps at the end of the third. All so goddam silly. 

Anyways, Empire Strikes Back is still my favorite movie of all time. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

My boys (12 & 9) and I watch this at least once a week. They are devout Star Wars kids, and are most fond of the OT Characters and movies. I have my own opinions,  but never try to force them to like things I prefer.... but they love the old Movies the most, followed by the Prequels and the Clone Wars series. None of us are into Rebels, and aside from Lego Games, they don't bother with the new movies, even though we have the entire collection. We all like Mandolorian, even though I call it the Cara Dune show....?

latest.thumb.png.3533e048dd69981c1baa03f2f0fb0f82.png 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Well, this thread is pretty dead, much like the Star Wars brand under the "leadership" of Kathleen Kennedy and the garbage "Lucasfilm Story group", but I will say this...we've been at Disney World the last few days (Family trip), and as much as I dislike the Disney Star Wars product, the new attraction/ride is pretty damn cool. Very immersive. But the rest of Galaxy Edge is pointless and boring. And $14 for a 16oz Locally brewed pilsner? Just because its called "Gold Leader ale"? No. Jon Vander is not pleased.

20210323_104056.thumb.jpg.f03b8caa9718728fa1958393b745ec83.jpg

20210323_104329.thumb.jpg.6230b3fdf33bf2e486b14f0b0315ac2f.jpg

20210323_104632.thumb.jpg.c03fa0276649d47999000a9bd3c703ca.jpg

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2021 at 11:45 PM, RedBeardedSavage said:

What sucks about the new trilogy was that I was really enjoying the first hour or so of The Force Awakens. 

I was sold. I was in. And then it became 'fire the giant planet weapon', 'blow up the giant planet weapon' and I felt cheesed.

The next two movies sucked. 

The unfortunate part was the possibility - good casting, interesting characters (at least initially), and I thought the whole two opposing sides of the force love story was actually a good idea, just poorly executed. And WTF did you do to Luke? And why is Leia flying out in space? And who the f*** is Snoke? And how lazy of you to bring back Palps at the end of the third. All so goddam silly. 

Anyways, Empire Strikes Back is still my favorite movie of all time. 

The Last Jedi derailed everything.  Rise of Skywalker tried to fix it but it ended up being a hot mess

• Upvote 2

On 3/24/2021 at 11:08 AM, Jet_Engine1 said:

Well, this thread is pretty dead, much like the Star Wars brand under the "leadership" of Kathleen Kennedy and the garbage "Lucasfilm Story group", but I will say this...we've been at Disney World the last few days (Family trip), and as much as I dislike the Disney Star Wars product, the new attraction/ride is pretty damn cool. Very immersive. But the rest of Galaxy Edge is pointless and boring. And $14 for a 16oz Locally brewed pilsner? Just because its called "Gold Leader ale"? No. Jon Vander is not pleased.

20210323_104056.thumb.jpg.f03b8caa9718728fa1958393b745ec83.jpg

20210323_104329.thumb.jpg.6230b3fdf33bf2e486b14f0b0315ac2f.jpg

20210323_104632.thumb.jpg.c03fa0276649d47999000a9bd3c703ca.jpg

Went to galaxy edge last September.  I thought it was great.  Smuggler’s run was terrific 

It’s Disney world. Everything is going to be pricey 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The Last Jedi derailed everything.  Rise of Skywalker tried to fix it but it ended up being a hot mess

Episode 8 and 9 are 2 of the worse movies I can remember seeing.

Good theatre is reading about the massive behind the scenes battles between Filoni/Favreau and Kathleen Kennedy.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 hours ago, chirorob said:

Episode 8 and 9 are 2 of the worse movies I can remember seeing.

Good theatre is reading about the massive behind the scenes battles between Filoni/Favreau and Kathleen Kennedy.

Kathleen Kennedy is the belichick of movie producers.  Belichick had Brady do all the work, Kathleen had Spielberg

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Kathleen Kennedy is the belichick of movie producers.  Belichick had Brady do all the work, Kathleen had Spielberg

Thing is, if they higher ups just let Favreau and Filoni guide their little universe, it would improve dramatically.

Kathleen just happened to be friends with Lucas and Spielberg, and as far as I know she has never actually done anything good on her own.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

23 hours ago, chirorob said:

Thing is, if they higher ups just let Favreau and Filoni guide their little universe, it would improve dramatically.

Kathleen just happened to be friends with Lucas and Spielberg, and as far as I know she has never actually done anything good on her own.

They just need to scrap the last 3 sequels

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2021 at 11:33 PM, Greenbloodblitz said:

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away ....

So I've noticed that many posters on here, maybe obviously because of our age group, grew up with this incredible story.

So all things George Lucas, Joseph Campbell the power of myth, Mark Hamill the Joker, Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones, you name it!

And to my fellow otherworldly geeky brethren, I present to you a gift, and it's not two droids!

Rf814dfc0a82c2beb3d187a1e8ed293d5.jpeg

But....but....but Mr. Lucas! Jedi do no seek revenge!!!!

(Deep sigh) “call it “Return” instead. You just wasted 20 million (1980s USD) of advertising money I was saving up for a proper prequel you over-obsessed muppet fan junkie.” - George Lucas

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

But....but....but Mr. Lucas! Jedi do no seek revenge!!!!

(Deep sigh) “call it “Return” instead. You just wasted 20 million (1980s USD) of advertising money I was saving up for a proper prequel you over-obsessed muppet fan junkie.” - George Lucas

Oh okay once I expanded I realized you were looking at revenge of the Jedi. At first your post didn't make sense to me. Star Wars is incredible man... all of it.

I'm thankful and grateful that this was going on when I was 9 years old and I can share it with my 9 year olds and it's still going on when I'm 47 years old.

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away... there was imagination.

9 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Oh okay once I expanded I realized you were looking at revenge of the Jedi. At first your post didn't make sense to me. Star Wars is incredible man... all of it.

I'm thankful and grateful that this was going on when I was 9 years old and I can share it with my 9 year olds and it's still going on when I'm 47 years old.

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away... there was imagination.

Great series overall. I just think that story of how they had to change Revenge to Return last minute is hilarious.

41 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Great series overall. I just think that story of how they had to change Revenge to Return last minute is hilarious.

As far as the storyline apparently Jedi don't seek revenge. However he did avenge his own idea with Revenge of the Sith LOL.

Also I do remember seeing the commercial for Revenge of the Jedi. I was about nine years old.

If you've ever seen the show Storage Wars, in one episode Barry finds a Revenge of the Jedi jacket apparently owned by one of the stagehands or something. I'm pretty sure it was worth some money.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...