Happy Birthday "Mr. Baseball" Bob Uecker

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

Holy crap he's still alive? And looking it up, he's 87 today, not 86. 

Anyway, good for him. Everyone likes Uke, except maybe fashion designers.

Think he's still doing Brewers radio, no?

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

That's what the internet says. I've never met anyone who's listened to a Brewers game on local radio, so I couldn't tell you.

Probably because the 7 of them are a pretty tight knit group.

• Upvote 3
12 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

tenor.gif?itemid=16813199

The fact that they gave him a statue in the last row of the stadium is the funniest thing in sports.

I believe he has 2 statues.

• Upvote 4
5 hours ago, section314 said:

86 years young today.😃  " ball 4, ball 8, ball 12."

Your " ball 4, ball 8, ball 12."  is jusssssst a bit outside............. of your smiley face. :)

• Like 1

"The biggest thrill a ballplayer can have is when your son takes after you.  That happened when my Bobby was in the championship.  Little League game.  He really showed me something.  Struck out 3 times.  Made an error that lost the game.  Parents were throwing things at our car and swearing at us as we drove off.  Gosh, I was so proud."

• Like 1

Old as dirt but still remembered in pop culture, even appeared in an episode of Teen Titans lol. 

I was probably the only person in the room who knew who he was while watching the episode 😂

ueckertitans.jpg

• Upvote 1

Once while with the Cardinals, catching Bob Gibson, Gibson gave up a homer with Uecker behind the plate. Uecker got out of his crouch and started walking toward Gibson as if to give him some advice. Gibson quickly shut him down; "You're gonna give me advice, Uecker? Get your fat fvcking hungover ass back behind the plate .The only thing you know about pitching is you can't hit it". End of conference. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1