6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

>50 % chance Wilson/Fields busts based on historical trends.

The only stupidity is coming from those who would be against acquiring an elite young QB. Simply madness, especially considering the Jets haven’t had that in 50+ years.

Watson has won exactly one playoff game.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You guys are nuts ... I invite you to study his stats and come back to this discussion ... guy is a beast. Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

Just look at talent and situation...Sam has the tools and much better ability than stafford. I get it, it's hard to see for a casual watcher but stafford in on jets would have done worse than darnold

Hell no has everyone gone mad

Posted Images

On 1/30/2021 at 12:17 PM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Just look at talent and situation...Sam has the tools and much better ability than stafford. I get it, it's hard to see for a casual watcher but stafford in on jets would have done worse than darnold because he can't move like sam. 

Just pretending that Sam was held back by Gase then you are delolusional. Time will tell but my bet is Sam perform much better next year and will remain the jets qb the next 5 years. If Sam was on lions which were not some great team because fo def but had some offensive power, Sam would have done better than stafford.

You guys want to think Sam just can't play and makes bad decisions but I think those bad decision were mainly due to bad situations he was out in with no way out. Sam is a 🏆🏆

Sam would kill for Stafford's arm.  

• Like 1
Watson has won exactly one playoff game.

And? Watson has 10+ years ahead to win a lot of playoff games. He’s the 2nd best QB in the game under 30 years old. He hasn’t even entered his prime yet. Not to mention he had a national title under his belt. What has Sam Darnold won?

Trash, clown argument. Come harder.
  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And? Watson has 10+ years ahead to win a lot of playoff games. He’s the 2nd best QB in the game under 30 years old. He hasn’t even entered his prime yet. How many has Sam Darnold won?

Trash, clown argument.

These people would run away from the hot chick/guy at the bar because they think they’re gonna pull something better without putting in any effort. 

this is a no brainer move for a franchise that can’t seem to make the no brainer picks in the draft.  

And no. Zach Wilson isn’t a no brainer either. 

80 tell these people what’s up. 

Watson 2 time division winner, was 1/2 away from beating the Chiefs when the Texans coaches made a bone headed decision and then the defense disappears. Also, Watson has been near the top of every statistic playing behind a meh Oline. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

50% othe board want Watson. The other 50% split 3 ways between trade out & go with Sam, Draft Qb at #2 and trade out and select Qb later in draft. 
Unbelievable that there is a talent on par with Mahomes and people want to penny pinch on draft picks which we rarely hit on

I think most people want Watson but are turned off by what they think it's gonna cost which is being exaggerated by a lot of people...these people can't figure out that the 2nd overall pick is worth more then the 25th.

On 1/30/2021 at 4:33 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

JN hates good QB's but loves Mark Sanchez, Geno Smith and Sam Darnold.  

And lol at the contract complaint.  $29M on average per year for an elite QB is a bargain, you maniac.  11 QB's in the league currently make more than that per year, including the likes of Kirk Cousins and Carson Wentz.  Jacoby Brissett makes $28M per year and Jimmy Garoppolo gets $27.5M per.

Eventually, a QB worth having is a QB you have to pay.  Stop worrying about Woody and Chris Johnson's wallets, or the cap space Joe Douglas has to work with.  He's got plenty.

JN loves cheap players above all.

The thought of having to pay anyone sickens them

1 hour ago, undertow said:

I think most people want Watson but are turned off by what they think it's gonna cost which is being exaggerated by a lot of people...these people can't figure out that the 2nd overall pick is worth more then the 25th.

Yup. 3.5 x the value of the 25 pick. Not all first round picks are equal. 

10 hours ago, King P said:

JN loves cheap players above all.

The thought of having to pay anyone sickens them

To be fair, the Jets have rarely had a player worth paying.  We all celebrated when Revis signed the dotted line in 2010.  It's been a whole lot of sh*t getting overpaid since that day.  

So it can't be that simple.  After all, Watson's $29M per year contract that he'd arrive with would rank outside of the top 10 for average QB salaries.  He'd be getting paid barely more than Jacoby Brissett here.

Jets fans over-value draft picks, particularly at positions other than QB, because they salivate over these collegiate prospects and assume they'll all be good.  

21 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

>50 % chance Wilson/Fields busts based on historical trends.

The only stupidity is coming from those who would be against acquiring an elite young QB. Simply madness, especially considering the Jets haven’t had that in 50+ years.

Just 50%?

Outside of Trevor this is one of the worst qb draft classes in a while

22 hours ago, Stark said:

These people would run away from the hot chick/guy at the bar because they think they’re gonna pull something better without putting in any effort. 

this is a no brainer move for a franchise that can’t seem to make the no brainer picks in the draft.  

And no. Zach Wilson isn’t a no brainer either. 

80 tell these people what’s up. 

Watson 2 time division winner, was 1/2 away from beating the Chiefs when the Texans coaches made a bone headed decision and then the defense disappears. Also, Watson has been near the top of every statistic playing behind a meh Oline. 

He has done great since losing arguably one of best WR ever to play in modern times...I'm sure he do great with crowder

On 1/27/2021 at 8:52 AM, Jetster said:

I don't peg them at that few wins yet. You can transform a team tremendously with almost 100 million & 9 or possibly more (trade back scenario). Full camp, possible Mosely return, bunch of young players that got their feet wet in 2020, much better Oline (they might surprise & go crazy best Oline in NFL route with a Thuney signing & Sewell pick at #2, or a trade back & Rashawn Slater. 

Both of these guys, Joe Douglas & Robert Saleh believe in building big tough Oline that can move! You don't win in the NFL with a bunch of fast offensive players & a terrible Oline (look what happened as soon as Dallas Oline deteriorated), a team with Zeke, Cooper, Gallup & Lamb, couldn't win that horrible NFC East? still had a veteran QB in Dalton.

TEAM BUILDING. Parcells did the same thing here. 1st move? Trade for Kevin Mawae. Bills Oline couldn't keep Josh Allen clean (loss). Free agents I believe will be Oline (Guard or Center), edge rusher, OLB, #1 WR. 

Draft will be once again those premier positions, possibly QB, Oline, CB, Edge, WR, all BPA at one of those positions. 

Hold yer breath till they win 4+ games.