Aaron Rodgers to the Jets?

Wit

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Why would we want a 37 year old QB clearly with a short remaining professional lifespan?

If we were "one elite QB away" from a Title, i.e. if we thought we could win a Super Bowl in 2021, sure, maybe I'd get it.

Although Rodgers has shown he can't really get his team to win that big game over his career, tbqh.

But given our situation today?  Why would we want a worn out old (admittedly elite) guy as a one/two year rental when we're clearly not a title contender?

Sounds like New Orleans to me.

16 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Why would we want a 37 year old QB clearly with a short remaining professional lifespan?

If we were "one elite QB away" from a Title, i.e. if we thought we could win a Super Bowl in 2021, sure, maybe I'd get it.

Although Rodgers has shown he can't really get his team to win that big game over his career, tbqh.

But given our situation today?  Why would we want a worn out old (admittedly elite) guy as a one/two year rental when we're clearly not a title contender?

And why would he want to come here. He’s on borrowed time. 

22 minutes ago, Warfish said:

NFL Football 101

We need a forum for NFL Basics.  You could use this thread as a pilot for it.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Rodgers is not going anywhere.  He is just whining to take the pressure off yet another of his playoff fails.  He would soon see the grass is not greener on the other side if he went elsewhere.

Packers CEO Murphy says Rodgers going nowhere.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, freestater said:

Or...or...and hear me out here...we could go get a 25 year old top flight QB. 

Allow me to play the Devil's Advocate here...Rodgers is only 37 and he won't turn 38 until December 2nd. I think the 2020 MVP could play until 41 or maybe 43 like Brady if he keeps taking his "vitamins". That's at least 5 seasons/swings to win a Super Bowl for the Jets. Would you turn that down if Watson is off the table?

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

I said this the moment LaFleur was rumored to be our OC.

This isn't an original idea.

SAR I

It would be like the Jets getting Brett Favre all over again.  Maybe this time with a better result, because the Jets were doing quite well until Favre got hurt and played hurt.    Hey, Tampa Bay just did it.  Even if it's only for a year or two, it COULD work, albeit short term.   

My vision is for a log term solution, but I could possibly warm up to this.  No closed mind here. (Except as to Darnold. Somewhat.  It will take more work to convince me he should stay.)