Aaron Rodgers to the Jets?

Wit

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Imagine if the Packers decided to stick with Favre and we had dealt for Rodgers in 2008.  What if Napoleon had a Sherman tank?  Discuss.

Good thing Favre didn't stick around the Jets in 2009 or 2010, we'd have never won 4 playoff games.

SAR I

Just now, Dcat said:

It would be like the Jets getting Brett Favre all over again.  Maybe this time with a better result, because the Jets were doing quite well until Favre got hurt and played hurt.    Hey, Tampa Bay just did it.  Even if it's only for a year or two, it COULD work, albeit short term.   

My vision is for a log term solution, but I could possibly warm up to this.  No closed mind here. (Except as to Darnold. Somewhat.  It will take more work to convince me he should stay.)

My thought was the LaFleur connection, but Rodgers ego is so massively big he would only go to a guaranteed immediate winner.  I could see the 49ers.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

Just now, playtowinthegame said:

Jets trading for Deshaun Watson. would be like the Knicks trading for Carmelo Anthony. Woody can play the role of James Dolan. 

I don't see the analogy.  I don't see much similarity between Melo and Watson. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Dcat said:

I think we would have went deep into playoffs that year were it not for Favre's injury. 

2008 we might have won it all.  We were 8-3 and spanked the undefeated Titans and the Patriots in Foxboro.  It was all right there for the taking.  Just sucks that he and Mangini couldn't work it out.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Jets trading for Deshaun Watson. would be like the Knicks trading for Carmelo Anthony. Woody can play the role of James Dolan. 

For reals? I was joking.

I know you like Fields. I respect that everyone has their different opinions. 

But are you hard pass on Watson completely? Because I sincerely don't understand that.

Being price-conscious is totally reasonable. Some people are getting a little carried away, like that Texans beat reporter that said all of our firsts and seconds for the next two years + Quinnen - f*** that.

6 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Not seeing it.  

Melo was a me first player who hogging the ball hurt all around him.  A NFL QB does the opposite 

15 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I don't see the analogy.  I don't see much similarity between Melo and Watson. 

Let me preface this by saying I love Deshaun Watson as a player, however, I would NOT trade more than two first round picks for him if the Texans are getting the No. 2 overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft. You don't see how it would be similar to the Knicks trading for Melo if Woody got involved and told JD to throw in another 1st to get Watson to help him sell tickets?

3 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Let me preface this by saying I love Deshaun Watson as a player, however, I would NOT trade more than two first round picks for him if the Texans are getting the No. 2 overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft. You don't see how it would be similar to the Knicks trading for Melo if Woody got involved and told JD to throw in another 1st to get Watson to help him sell tickets?

I respect that you have a price, and while I think it's low, you're not one of those "throw them a 2nd rounder, and if they don't take it, f*** 'em".

Those fellas are just not living in reality.

I like the Jerimiah trade. 2020 #2, 2021 first (only one of them) and the 2023 first rounder. Cool throwing in the ginger too if that gets it done.

If it costs more than that? I'm out. 

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Brett Favre sucks at the start of the season = He's just learning the system

Brett Favre sucks at the end of the season = He was hurt

Brett Favre beats 2 teams with winning records along with the Chiefs, Rams and Bengals who combined for 8 wins = WE WOULD HAVE WON THE SUPER BOWL!!!

His play completely changed after that injury.  Of course the injury was caused when he blew out his shoulder stretching his arms while trying to take those selfie dic-pics for his Christmas cards to Jets staff.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Brett Favre beats 2 teams with winning records along with the Chiefs, Rams and Bengals who combined for 8 wins = WE WOULD HAVE WON THE SUPER BOWL!!!

Left out the Titans win

Jets beat the teams on their schedule.  Thats what you do.  Doesnt mean they couldnt have beaten other winning teams.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

He beat the Pats and CRUSHED the previously unbeaten Tennessee who were the leagues darlings.  The Jets were the best team in the NFL after trashing Tennesse and being 8-3.  We give up 35 points to zona but he passes for 6 tds and we score 56.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Left out the Titans win

Jets beat the teams on their schedule.  Thats what you do.  Doesnt mean they couldnt have beaten other winning teams.

They beat 9 teams on their schedule.  They lost to 7.   Those losses included the Raiders (5-11), Broncos (8-8), 49ers (7-9) and Seahawks (4-12).  They were a mediocre team that this board pretends was the '07 Patriots because they beat one good team.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Now you've got it. And we'd have won 2 super bowls, not 1.

With all this Favre talk, I saw an article yesterday where he said the Jags should take Smith over Lawrence with the first pick. A quote from the article:

"I don't know if Jacksonville, in my opinion, I don't know if quarterback is their immediate need," the NFL legend says. "I would take DeVonta Smith.

14 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

They beat 9 teams on their schedule.  They lost to 7.   Those losses included the Raiders (5-11), Broncos (8-8), 49ers (7-9) and Seahawks (4-12).  They were a mediocre team that this board pretends was the '07 Patriots because they beat one good team.

Titans were 11-0 and heavy favorite to go all the way at the time, and we dropped 56 in a beat down on the eventual nfc champion that only lost the SB by 4 points. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, joebabyny said:

Titans were 11-0 and heavy favorite to go all the way at the time, and we dropped 56 in a beat down on the eventual nfc champion that only lost the SB by 4 points. 

The Titans were 10-0 when we played them.  They lost 3 of their last 6 and lost in the first ound of the playoffs at home.  The Cardinals were a west coast team coming east for an early game.  If you are going to put that as a plus, what about the 48-29 drubbing by the 8-8 Chargers the week before?  People want to act like Favre needed time, but they are lucky they caught Pennington week 1 before he settled in or they probably would have lost to the Dolphins twice and finished 8-8. 

They were very fun and had a puncher's chance against anybody. They also weren't very good, and Favre is kind of a choker.

14 minutes ago, joebabyny said:

Everyone talks sh*t about the 08 Favre year, I don’t get it. That season was the most fun I had as a Jets fan. I remember being at the Opener in Miami sitting at the 10 down in front as Brett threw a bomb for a 60 yard td that Cotch caught right in front of me and looking at my friend and saying “we finally have a real qb.” I remember being at New England and having to fight my way out after a Jets win. I remember walking out of the stadium in Tenn with my friends after beating an 11-0 Titan team and all of us expressing this was our year to go all the way. Had it not been for an injury it likely would have been our year. 

It is only my opinion. I admired the athlete that Favre was. That is all. never wanted him on my team as I thought him selfish and consumed with stats. I did not enjoy the year that he had with the Jets and always felt he only came here as a last resort. Ultimately, the way he left, my feelings were somewhat validated

Again, just my opinion.

• Upvote 1