Jets or Dolphins

Wonderboy

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If the Texans are indeed forced to trade Watson, a potential bidding war between two divisional foes is probably their best case scenario, with perhaps a 3rd team (49ers?  Bears?) getting involved as well.

What would the Bears/Niners have to offer? Nothing’s impossible but it would be a stretch.

23 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

What would the Bears/Niners have to offer? Nothing’s impossible but it would be a stretch.

Well, if Watson doesn't like the Jets or Dolphins as much as the 49ers or Bears, it would no longer matter that they can't match what the Jets or Dolphins can produce in a trade.  That no-trade clause is very powerful.

I don't think Watson would turn down the Jets or Miami, but you never know.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Well, if Watson doesn't like the Jets or Dolphins as much as the 49ers or Bears, it would no longer matter that they can't match what the Jets or Dolphins can produce in a trade.  That no-trade clause is very powerful.

I don't think Watson would turn down the Jets or Miami, but you never know.

Bears and Niners are further ahead than Fish and Jets so definitely an attractive option. But Texas would have to take much less so doesn’t seem feasible. But ya never know. 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Nothing really says the Jets are interested either.  

Furthermore, it is completely opposed to the way Douglas and Saleh operate. 

Douglas isn't Mr. Flashy Free Agent, he tries to get max value from the low-end of that pool and wants to be known as a smart draft evaluator, just like his mentor Ozzie Newsome. 

And Saleh isn't Mr. Lockerroom Prima Donna, he is preaching harmony, selflessness, and guys sharing foxholes.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1

If anyone thinks JD trades those picks for Watson- they’re not paying attention. He’s not working so hard to get them to trade them for one guy. Not happening!! 

im sure he’ll call as a matter of due diligence to see if he can get him for one #1 and a few other picks ( and he won’t.

The Jets are drafting one ( and if it’s not Lawrence ( not likely) keeping Sam at least one more year.

6 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I honestly think they hire Bienemy and then Bienemy will sit him down and convince him to stay.  

Bienemy doesnt get the job if Watson wants out. they didnt even want to interview him so why hire him if Watson wants to go.

• Upvote 2

the OP said to list Pros and Cons, well i don't see a Pro with us.

we are all posting trade packages, but we forget that Watson has to approve any trade. so draft picks only matter to Houston.

Miami has, better weather, a better team that can withstand the loss of 2 or 3 #1 picks, and much cheaper taxes. 

what do we have.... Robert Saleh? 

as other posters pointed out how they went 10-6 with Fritz and Tua. imagine how great they would be with Watson. 

us?

we got to hope JD hits on all his FAs and draft picks. and about 30-40% of draft picks that start. 

Watson will never pick us. Houston will, but no way does he agrees to come here.

i think the offers already started. its early but they have them. and Miami didn't offer Houston enough and they told Watson they wont trade him there unless they give more. but the Jets made a good offer and we will trade you there. that's when his agent started with the smoke signals about the Jets. he was telling them that if they don't make Houston a better offer Watson will go to the Jets and beat you twice a year. they could be the NE Patriots of this decade if JD and Saleh get things right. OR this could be you Miami.

there is only one chance the Jets could get Watson, if Miami doesn't want to give up all those picks and gets Stafford for there late 1 and maybe a 3rd  rd pick.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

the OP said to list Pros and Cons, well i don't see a Pro with us.

we are all posting trade packages, but we forget that Watson has to approve any trade. so draft picks only matter to Houston.

Miami has, better weather, a better team that can withstand the loss of 2 or 3 #1 picks, and much cheaper taxes. 

what do we have.... Robert Saleh? 

as other posters pointed out how they went 10-6 with Fritz and Tua. imagine how great they would be with Watson. 

us?

we got to hope JD hits on all his FAs and draft picks. and about 30-40% of draft picks that start. 

Watson will never pick us. Houston will, but no way does he agrees to come here.

i think the offers already started. its early but they have them. and Miami didn't offer Houston enough and they told Watson they wont trade him there unless they give more. but the Jets made a good offer and we will trade you there. that's when his agent started with the smoke signals about the Jets. he was telling them that if they don't make Houston a better offer Watson will go to the Jets and beat you twice a year. they could be the NE Patriots of this decade if JD and Saleh get things right. OR this could be you Miami.

there is only one chance the Jets could get Watson, if Miami doesn't want to give up all those picks and gets Stafford for there late 1 and maybe a 3rd  rd pick.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, FTL Jet Fan said:
Deshaun Watson comments on #49ers IG page of him wearing a @JoeMontana jersey

?
Follow the smoke

I know this has been posted and speculated to death, but since we are talking about where there is smoke there is fire. Follow the smoke?

Follow the smoke, get suspended for weed. ?

• Upvote 1

On 1/26/2021 at 3:14 PM, FTL Jet Fan said:
Deshaun Watson comments on #49ers IG page of him wearing a @JoeMontana jersey

?
Follow the smoke

I know this has been posted and speculated to death, but since we are talking about where there is smoke there is fire. Follow the smoke?

49ers make a lot of sense. great team, great weather,...ok taxes suck but alot of pros for Watson.

and the Houston GM was the one who traded Jimmy G to SF from NE. maybe he likes him enough to accept in a trade.

22 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Bears and Niners are further ahead than Fish and Jets so definitely an attractive option. But Texas would have to take much less so doesn’t seem feasible. But ya never know. 

I think it’s very overrated to determine who is ahead of who and think FAs really care.  I think organization can be a factor ie Steelers or packers or ravens have long track records of being well run. Maybe an older vet that only has one or two years but in general most of these teams are up and down. But in terms of jets versus dolphins, I don’t see this as a factor.  This stiff for 3/4 of the league fluctuates  year  to year.  Were they jets “ahead” of the dolphins in 2019?  

41 minutes ago, AlexVanDyke said:

I think it’s very overrated to determine who is ahead of who and think FAs really care.  I think organization can be a factor ie Steelers or packers or ravens have long track records of being well run. Maybe an older vet that only has one or two years but in general most of these teams are up and down. But in terms of jets versus dolphins, I don’t see this as a factor.  This stiff for 3/4 of the league fluctuates  year  to year.  Were they jets “ahead” of the dolphins in 2019?  

Point is Bears and 49'ers are just better overall teams. There's no if and or butts about it. Put Watson on either and you have an immediate SB contender.  It's the reason he wants out of Houston to begin with.  Whether Watson cares about going to a team in a rebuild situation is totally subjective.  Obviously, he'd feel it would be a step forward in his career.  Whether the Texans want to take less to work out a deal with those teams is their prerogative.  All sides have their own self interest at the forefront.  It gets tricky to satisfy all parties involved.    

2 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Point is Bears and 49'ers are just better overall teams. There's no if and or butts about it. Put Watson on either and you have an immediate SB contender.  It's the reason he wants out of Houston to begin with.  Whether Watson cares about going to a team in a rebuild situation is totally subjective.  Obviously, he'd feel it would be a step forward in his career.  Whether the Texans want to take less to work out a deal with those teams is their prerogative.  All sides have their own self interest at the forefront.  It gets tricky to satisfy all parties involved.    

I don’t think Houston’s record or current roster is the reason he wants out.  If that is the case, that would be an awful awful red flag.  I think clearly it’s more than that. 

8 hours ago, AlexVanDyke said:

I don’t think Houston’s record or current roster is the reason he wants out.  If that is the case, that would be an awful awful red flag.  I think clearly it’s more than that. 

They just fell off the planet. Watson was spectacular and they still went 4-12.  O’Brien was as bad as Gase. Trading Hopkins was as stupid as it gets. Giving up all those picks for Tunsil was equally dumbfounding. Their defense which was one of the best, is now one of the worse. Clooney is gone. Watt is not the player he was. It’s an uphill rebuild and why would Watson want to stick around for that. 

20 hours ago, Ben Had said:

The fins are not going to trade away any draft picks. They are on year 2 of a rebuild. 

what rebuild? they won 10 games last year. the rebuild is over.

the only question is there QB. Tua not the answer and they know it. they get Watson and them and the Bills will own the AFC East for the next 10 plus years.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, doitny said:

what rebuild? they won 10 games last year. the rebuild is over.

the only question is there QB. Tua not the answer and they know it. they get Watson and them and the Bills will own the AFC East for the next 10 plus years.

Tua was a rookie with no preseason. He won 6 out of 9 games played. The fins are not going to trade for Watson or pick a QB.

2 hours ago, Ben Had said:

Tua was a rookie with no preseason. He won 6 out of 9 games played. The fins are not going to trade for Watson or pick a QB.

It’s the Dolphins, if anybody would try to pull this off its them. They will have a new QB on their roster with or without Tua. I think  Tua should have sat for a year given the injuries and the way the season started was not at all optimal for him. 
The thing is it would be such a typical Fins move. 

47 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

It’s the Dolphins, if anybody would try to pull this off its them. They will have a new QB on their roster with or without Tua. I think  Tua should have sat for a year given the injuries and the way the season started was not at all optimal for him. 
The thing is it would be such a typical Fins move. 

I would agree  in the past...But this coach and GM seem to be on the same page and will continue to rebuild through the draft. 

1 hour ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Time will tell. I hope you are right. You a Fins fan? 

Now on the ticket this morning they were saying that the rumors going around the senior bowl are the dolphins are front runners for Watson should they want him. 

Hoping you're not right...fins need to build a solid team thru the draft. 

On 1/26/2021 at 2:05 PM, UntouchableCrew said:

Random thought -- I think there's a lot of misinformation and politicking at play right now and I think it's possible the interest in the Dolphins and Jets as the "top two" destinations specifically is being generated by the Texans.

Those are the two teams with the most draft picks (specifically the most high 2021 picks) to move in a trade and getting division rivals to bid against each other is the dream scenario for Houston.

Not to suggest Watson doesn't genuinely like the situation in Miami or NY -- both would be legitimately appealing for various reasons. I'm just not as sold that it's one of those two or bust.

This is absolutely a possibility. 

35 minutes ago, Ben Had said:

Now on the ticket this morning they were saying that the rumors going around the senior bowl are the dolphins are front runners for Watson should they want him. 

Hoping you're not right...fins need to build a solid team thru the draft. 

You love it don’t bullsh*t me... 

It'll be interesting to see who the Dolphins hire as their OC.  They are reportedly hiring Ken Dorsey.  If Watson had to pick between Mike LaFleur, the staff he put together (Rob Calabrese, Gregg Knapp, etc) along with the Shanahan offense vs Ken Dorsey and the Panthers/Bills offense, it may play into his decision.  Not sure if he has let the Texans know which teams he would waive the no-trade clause for or if he makes that decision after a trade is in place. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/26/2021 at 2:40 PM, Wonderboy said:

Why wouldn't they? The Dolphins went 10-5 going into a must win in their last game of the season to gain a playoff birth. Lost and ended up a game short at 10-6 with Fitz and Tua, a rookie QB. Think what that team would look like with Watson. Scary!  

Disagree.  I’m not buying into the Dolphins.  At all.  They have a good defense and played an easy schedule, but their offense is GARBAGE and had to rely on Fitzmagic to get anything going — and he’s no longer with the team.  Maybe Tua turns the corner, but I have my doubts.  They have the worst WR and RB groups in the league and i don’t see how that’s going to change if they have to blow all of their draft capital on Watson.  The Fins also splurged big time in FA last year and won’t be able to do so this year (and their best player, Howard, is asking for a new contract which will suck up more cap), while the Jets are poised to be able to do that this off-season, which will help narrow the perceived talent gap between the two teams.  

I just don’t see much difference between 2019 Miami and 2020 Jets.  Yes, Miami is better and seems to finally have a good coach, but they are just one year ahead of us with their rebuild and don’t have any difference makers besides Howard.  So the idea that their roster is so much better and farther along than the Jets right now is pretty laughable to me, especially from a QB’s perspective.