Wilson Back to Niners

8 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

I don't know where you heard this. I have a lot of faith in Joe Douglas. I would lose it all if he signed LeVeon Bell's more injury prone and less talented stand in. I haven't watched one minute of Conner tape where I've been impressed. Give me Etienne

@SayNoToDMC

Steelers RB James Conner, ranked 81st: The Jets aren’t going to throw Le’Veon Bell-type money at him, of course. But if they’re going to run a Shanahan-style West Coast offense, they’ll need to have a reliable running back. He had 721 yards and six touchdowns in 2020.

PFF’s prediction: Jets sign Conner for three years and $20 million, with $10 million total guaranteed and $8 million fully guaranteed at signing.

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Havent heard this anywhere.  Thankfully

Which twitter insider leaked this 

PFF

Steelers RB James Conner, ranked 81st: The Jets aren’t going to throw Le’Veon Bell-type money at him, of course. But if they’re going to run a Shanahan-style West Coast offense, they’ll need to have a reliable running back. He had 721 yards and six touchdowns in 2020.

PFF’s prediction: Jets sign Conner for three years and $20 million, with $10 million total guaranteed and $8 million fully guaranteed at signing.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

PFF

Thats not a rumor or anyone having us signing him, that PFF saying he fits the offense we're going to run

• Sympathy 1

Just now, joewilly12 said:

PREDICTION 

One more time, thats not a rumor or that we're signing him.  Its a prediction based on our offense.  

I said its not  based on fact

• Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I posted yesterday someone has us signing Pittsburgh free agent RB James Connor. 

My choice would be drafting Travis Etienne. 

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Havent heard this anywhere.  Thankfully

Which twitter insider leaked this 

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

PFF

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Never said I agreed 

Travis Etienne. 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

PREDICTION 

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

One more time, thats not a rumor or that we're signing him.  Its a prediction based on our offense.  

I said its not  based on fact

Just now, joewilly12 said:

i know what you are implying. 

• WTF? 1

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Jeff Wilson, james connor.......................these dudes suck.  We are going to draft a big time rb within the 1st 3 rounds this year.  I am hoping its harris at 23 but if not, we will get someone in the second or 3rd round.

Yes agree no more re-treads or others teams garbage. 

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Thats not a rumor or anyone having us signing him, that PFF saying he fits the offense we're going to run

Don’t see how

And it’s another reason why I hate PFF and their whole silly ass, strictly analytical way of viewing things.

Conner has always been a between the tackles powerback going back to his college days at Pitt.

So why are they recommending him in an outside zone scheme?

Guys like Wilson, Breida and Jamaal Williams are good fits as far as the FA RB’s go.

Lateral agility is a big requirement in this scheme and Conner has next to none.

A guy like Najee Harris is more of a powerback but I think he would excel in any scheme. Conner? Not so much.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Jeff Wilson, james connor.......................these dudes suck.  We are going to draft a big time rb within the 1st 3 rounds this year.  I am hoping its harris at 23 but if not, we will get someone in the second or 3rd round.

Jeff Wilson doesn’t suck. 

• Sympathy 1