Jump to content

Ravens + Eagles + 49ers


Recommended Posts

Under the radar free agents will come from these 3 familiar teams. Forget the big signings, our Jets also need tough veterans in that 25-28 year old range that come in & contribute immediately. 

Take a look at those 3 teams free agent lists & you'll probably see 3/4 players they target just based on inside knowledge. We always talk about the big expensive free agents but those secondary guys make a huge difference. I look at signing like Van Noy in New England a few years ago. Basically went unnoticed but had a huge impact for them before he left again as a free agent. 

This is also where having 2 guys that can communicate their visions helps recruit some of these under the radar guys. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Under the radar free agents will come from these 3 familiar teams. Forget the big signings, our Jets also need tough veterans in that 25-28 year old range that come in & contribute immediately. 

Take a look at those 3 teams free agent lists & you'll probably see 3/4 players they target just based on inside knowledge. We always talk about the big expensive free agents but those secondary guys make a huge difference. I look at signing like Van Noy in New England a few years ago. Basically went unnoticed but had a huge impact for them before he left again as a free agent. 

This is also where having 2 guys that can communicate their visions helps recruit some of these under the radar guys. 

So you start the thread without offering any names we should target?

 

This is like a teacher sending a note home for parents with their kids that says..... "Learn to be better parents"

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 32EBoozer said:

So you start the thread without offering any names we should target?

 

This is like a teacher sending a note home for parents with their kids that says..... "Learn to be better parents"

Go to this place called GOOGLE and type in Eagles free agents....then go to Niners free agents....then go to Ravens free agents. Then decipher who they could target based on need. 

Then keep the thread going with names you like. Look forward to seeing the list. 

I'll start with Beathard the 3rd string QB from the Niners. 

  • Thumb Down 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure there are more but here are a few I'm keeping an eye one.

 

Baltimore

RB - Gus Edwards

RB - Mark Ingram

EDGE - Mathew Judon

EDGE - Yannick Ngakoue

EDGE - Tyus Bowser

WR - Willie Snead

 

Eagles

EDGE - Vinny Curry (older)

EDGE - Derek Barnett (will get cut)

TE - Richard Rodgers

 

San Francisco

CB - Richard Sherman

CB - Jason Verrett

CB - Ahkello Witherspoon

DE - Ronald Blair

FB - Kyle Juszczyk

QB - CJ Beathard

 

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

I'm sure there are more but here are a few I'm keeping an eye one.

 

Baltimore

RB - Gus Edwards

RB - Mark Ingram

EDGE - Mathew Judon

EDGE - Yannick Ngakoue

EDGE - Tyus Bowser

WR - Willie Snead

 

Eagles

EDGE - Vinny Curry (older)

EDGE - Derek Barnett (will get cut)

TE - Richard Rodgers

 

San Francisco

CB - Richard Sherman

CB - Jason Verrett

CB - Ahkello Witherspoon

DE - Ronald Blair

FB - Kyle Juszczyk

QB - CJ Beathard

 

 

I think Juszcyck & Gus Edwards (if cheap) will be targeted. He knows the offense & like I've said a million times B4 your going to see a premium put on building 1 of the best Olines in the league, adding tough RBs, and doing everything possible to keep Darnold or whoever the QB is clean. Downhill offense with a lot of motion & stretch plays & all kinds of movement by the QB. If it is Darnold, the 1st thing they'll do is tidy up his terrible ball handling fakes, talk about lazy!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are we targeting Eagles and Ravens?  These guys have been in the front office for almost 2 years.   They already poached Lewis and Onwuasor from the Ravens and little else.  They got a bunch of Colts (Hogan) and Browns (Savage/Gregg Williams).  Not sure why they'd hit these teams up more now.  The DC just spent 6 years with the Atlanta Falcons.  It seems you should be looking there too.   They have a bunch of UFA, Keeanu Neal, Darqueze Denard, Charles Harris, Wreh-WIlson,   Note they let Pool walk.  IMO it makes way more sense to look there than Baltimore or Philly, particularly when these guys are not likely to run a defensive system anything like the Ravens.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Go to this place called GOOGLE and type in Eagles free agents....then go to Niners free agents....then go to Ravens free agents. Then decipher who they could target based on need. 

Then keep the thread going with names you like. Look forward to seeing the list. 

I'll start with Beathard the 3rd string QB from the Niners. 

I guess what I am asking is this: do you have a list of guys YOU like, so we can see some names.  

One for me would be Vinny Curry.  Will he get us 13 sacks?  No.  But if we can sign a bigger name Edge rusher, and actually DRAFT one, he could be a good depth signing at quite an affordable price.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Why are we targeting Eagles and Ravens?  These guys have been in the front office for almost 2 years.   They already poached Lewis and Onwuasor from the Ravens and little else.  They got a bunch of Colts (Hogan) and Browns (Savage/Gregg Williams).  Not sure why they'd hit these teams up more now.  The DC just spent 6 years with the Atlanta Falcons.  It seems you should be looking there too.   They have a bunch of UFA, Keeanu Neal, Darqueze Denard, Charles Harris, Wreh-WIlson,   Note they let Pool walk.  IMO it makes way more sense to look there than Baltimore or Philly, particularly when these guys are not likely to run a defensive system anything like the Ravens.

Have to say I was thinking more about offense but your right, Atlanta & the Saints too, any teams that are over the cap are no brainers, but I like the idea of using our late round picks to trade for a couple of Saints. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Have to say I was thinking more about offense but your right, Atlanta & the Saints too, any teams that are over the cap are no brainers, but I like the idea of using our late round picks to trade for a couple of Saints. 

Why are we copying the Ravens or Eagles offense?  I guess they already got Flacco, but the Ravens have built around Jackson in a manner that I don't see us going.  If we went Fields/Roman sure.  LaFleur is going Shanahan style.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I'm sure there are more but here are a few I'm keeping an eye one.

 

Baltimore

RB - Gus Edwards

RB - Mark Ingram

EDGE - Mathew Judon

EDGE - Yannick Ngakoue

EDGE - Tyus Bowser

WR - Willie Snead

 

Eagles

EDGE - Vinny Curry (older)

EDGE - Derek Barnett (will get cut)

TE - Richard Rodgers

 

San Francisco

CB - Richard Sherman

CB - Jason Verrett

CB - Ahkello Witherspoon

DE - Ronald Blair

FB - Kyle Juszczyk

QB - CJ Beathard

 

 

Ronald Blair is coming to the Jets. He is either going to be:

1. The guy that gets all the praise during Super Bowl week for being the guy the put it all together under Saleh and is the reason for the season.

or

2. Cut in training camp

Sorry, no middle ground on this one.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

I guess what I am asking is this: do you have a list of guys YOU like, so we can see some names.  

One for me would be Vinny Curry.  Will he get us 13 sacks?  No.  But if we can sign a bigger name Edge rusher, and actually DRAFT one, he could be a good depth signing at quite an affordable price.

 

I think out of Curry and Richard Sherman they will go with Sherman. Both will be 33 next year I believe so if the price is right they will bring him in for veteran leadership.  Curry seems to be done, although he would sign really cheap. Just has no connection to Saleh's system so I don't see him adding much value here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2021 at 9:44 AM, Jetster said:

Take a look at those 3 teams free agent lists & you'll probably see 3/4 players they target just based on inside knowledge. We always talk about the big expensive free agents but those secondary guys make a huge difference. I look at signing like Van Noy in New England a few years ago. Basically went unnoticed but had a huge impact for them before he left again as a free agent. 

This is also where having 2 guys that can communicate their visions helps recruit some of these under the radar guys. 

SF Verrett vs. Sherman @ CB. Verrett Younger but probably more expensive but can start outside. Uncertain if Sherman has the ability to start at CB but is he a locker room general among the players. Every coach needs a Harry Carson, Bobby Wagner type player/coach.

Kerry Hyder Edge: Good depth signing . Higher upside than Jenkins. Competes with Zuniga for snaps

Trent Williams RT: This guy just keeps playing at a high level despite his age. Move him to RT (backup to Becton in emergency) An absolute road grader. Might cost additional $3m over Fant. Worth it.

Kendrick Bourne WR: Used to the system and durable (unlike Perriman) good blocker. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2021 at 10:24 AM, Jetster said:

I think Juszcyck & Gus Edwards (if cheap) will be targeted. He knows the offense & like I've said a million times B4 your going to see a premium put on building 1 of the best Olines in the league, adding tough RBs, and doing everything possible to keep Darnold or whoever the QB is clean. Downhill offense with a lot of motion & stretch plays & all kinds of movement by the QB. If it is Darnold, the 1st thing they'll do is tidy up his terrible ball handling fakes, talk about lazy!

Your last sentence here has bar none been one of the most disappointing things I've noticed. He has without a doubt the worst play action ball handling I have ever seen. How has this not been addressed is beyond me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2021 at 9:17 AM, bla bla bla said:

I'm sure there are more but here are a few I'm keeping an eye one.

 

Baltimore

RB - Gus Edwards

RB - Mark Ingram

EDGE - Mathew Judon

EDGE - Yannick Ngakoue

EDGE - Tyus Bowser

WR - Willie Snead

 

Eagles

EDGE - Vinny Curry (older)

EDGE - Derek Barnett (will get cut)

TE - Richard Rodgers

 

San Francisco

CB - Richard Sherman

CB - Jason Verrett

CB - Ahkello Witherspoon

DE - Ronald Blair

FB - Kyle Juszczyk

QB - CJ Beathard

 

 

Can we delete the OP and replace it with this?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Richard Sherman an Blair. These guys will be critical to the 4-3 Defensive switch. The Jets will most likely go after a LEO pure edge rusher either in FA or the draft. High priced or premium pick. 

On offense I don't see any particular team they will be targeting. I actually have no idea if they go after high priced FAs on offense or not. Wouldn't be surprised if they made a run at Thuney, wouldn't be surprised if they didn't. Wouldn't be surprised if they brought back Perriman and only went after a WR in the 3rd round. Wouldn't be surprised if they let Perriman walk and went after Robinson or took a WR at #23 or traded down and ended up with D.Smith or Wadell. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...