Jump to content

2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***


joewilly12

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

 

Jaguars (#1) are guaranteed.

Jets (#2), Falcons (#4), Eagles (#6), Lions (#7) are varying degrees of iffy. 

Carolina (#8), Denver (#9), New England (#15), Washington (#19), and Chicago (#20) will all be in the market to move up. 

 

I'm really confident the Panthers will move up. I think the Patriots are going to move up. Then either the Jets, Falcons, or Broncos to round out the 4 teams imo. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/15/2021 at 8:05 PM, Samtorobby47 said:

I think Davis and Mims can be on the outside with....juju on the inside?

That sounds great. I honestly don't understand how anyone following this team, or rather this front office, can still think that we're signing Ju-Ju or another top WR. Davis was our "big" signing to address WR. You'll probably see a couple more low level, 1 year signings before its done but people still holding out for a real significant WR signing are just holding out for more disappointment, imho.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites


As expected, the market for free agent left tackle Trent Williams is very strong. Per Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports, the Chiefs, Colts, Bears, and incumbent 49ers are all in the running (Twitter link). However, Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune is hearing that Williams will not be heading to the Windy City (Twitter link).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, football guy said:

Jaguars (#1) are guaranteed.

Jets (#2), Falcons (#4), Eagles (#6), Lions (#7) are varying degrees of iffy. 

Carolina (#8), Denver (#9), New England (#15), Washington (#19), and Chicago (#20) will all be in the market to move up. 

 

I'm really confident the Panthers will move up. I think the Patriots are going to move up. Then either the Jets, Falcons, or Broncos to round out the 4 teams imo. 

I personally think teams are going to be way higher on Mac Jones than the media is - he’d have been a perfect prospect 5 years ago. Just because media likes to headline about “the next Mahomes” doesn’t mean long time personnel guys are going to stop caring about prototypical QB scouting.

 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, football guy said:

Jaguars (#1) are guaranteed.

Jets (#2), Falcons (#4), Eagles (#6), Lions (#7) are varying degrees of iffy. 

Carolina (#8), Denver (#9), New England (#15), Washington (#19), and Chicago (#20) will all be in the market to move up. 

 

I'm really confident the Panthers will move up. I think the Patriots are going to move up. Then either the Jets, Falcons, or Broncos to round out the 4 teams imo. 

What ammo would the Pats (15) and WFT (19) use to get into the Top 7 or 8 in order to get the leftover 4th or 5th QB? Feels like they don’t have a lot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Barton said:

Doesnt seem like the Jets are even sniffing these centers or offensive tackles in free agency. I never thought Sewell would be the pick but now I'm even more sure. Jets seem content with Fant. 

It’s a deep draft for IOL and RT.  

Maybe the OL market has dictated our draft direction? 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If the Patriots can trade up, Trey Lance or Justin Fields may be spending their first year in the NFL backing up Cam Newton before Bill takes the training wheels off.

Newton is going to have some rookie QB company in training camp.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

What ammo would the Pats (15) and WFT (19) use to get into the Top 7 or 8 in order to get the leftover 4th or 5th QB? Feels like they don’t have a lot. 

I doubt WAS or CHI (especially) can move up that high, but they will be looking for QBs. 

New England has enough. They can easily pair their 2nd or 3rd round pick and a future pick to grab a QB they deem worthy the investment, and considering how much they've invested in the skill-positions/needs they can afford to part with a few picks to land a QB on a rookie deal. 

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, football guy said:

I doubt WAS or CHI (especially) can move up that high, but they will be looking for QBs. 

New England has enough. They can easily pair their 2nd or 3rd round pick and a future pick to grab a QB they deem worthy the investment, and considering how much they've invested in the skill-positions/needs they can afford to part with a few picks to land a QB on a rookie deal. 

 

The idea of NE scoring Justin Fields scares me a bit.  Maybe a bit more than a bit.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...