2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

joewilly12

Thoughts on the Deshaun Watson news:

1) there are competing historical injustices betting evoked here - women's accusations being dismissed out of hand, and women's accusations against Black men being accepted without question. Don't fall into either of those categories

2) If true, this would be VASTLY out of Watson's publicly known character. So what? Pretty sure none of us know him personally, and even if we did, too many people have secrets for that to mean anything beyond "it would be really disappointing if true"

3) None of us have any obligation at all to have an opinion on this, especially not until the details are known. Not one way or the other. If you're leaping to crucify him, what's wrong with you? To absolve him, same deal.

4) NFL teams, in contrast, are going to need to do their due diligence, as is the league. Expect an investigation to be conducted, and expect it to be thorough. The odds that Watson gets traded just dropped significantly, because teams will need to be absolutely certain that he's innocent before offering up premium assets for him, and that'll be hard to do before the NFL draft in a month.

5) and all of that is secondary to the human dimension here. Either a woman was sexually assaulted or another young Black man is having his life torn apart by a false accusation. There's no happy option here, and it's pretty awful to think that the latter is the "better" one

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 4
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, GodDamnSnack said:

1) Shut up. Don't tell people how to think

2) Due process and the presumption of innocence are the foundations of our society. Stop speculating

3) Again, the only decent thing to do is presume his innocence until he is proven guilty

4) You don't know anything about the odds that Watson gets traded. Stop pretending. None of us know. A lower price could also means he's more likely. You don't know sh*t.

5) Stop making this about race. No one else is

pretty sure his post was a copy& paste

6 minutes ago, GodDamnSnack said:

1) Shut up. Don't tell people how to think

2) Due process and the presumption of innocence are the foundations of our society. Stop speculating

3) Again, the only decent thing to do is presume his innocence until he is proven guilty

4) You don't know anything about the odds that Watson gets traded. Stop pretending. None of us know. A lower price could also means he's more likely. You don't know sh*t.

5) Stop making this about race. No one else is

1) LOL, the irony, the irony. Also, **** you.

2/3) Due process and the presumption of innocence are concepts that apply in a court of law and have nothing to do with personal judgment and opinion. For example: do you go around insisting that OJ is innocent because he was found not guilty in a criminal trial? Or do you - contrary to all available evidence - have the mental capacity to recognize that those are two completely separate inquiries?

4) I recognize that judgment and logical thinking isn't your strong suit, but if you think the Texans will take a cut-rate deal as a result of this, you're taking that to a whole other level. Congrats on your success in your chosen area of endeavor, even if it's a ******* stupid one to choose.

5) Recognizing that if Watson didn't do what he's been accused of he'll be just the latest in a long line of falsely accused Black men isn't "making this about race" - it's simply being aware of reality. I get that this isn't your forte, but come on, man.

And that's my last comment on this topic because I don't want to get this thread locked just because you're an aggressive moron as opposed to a quiet one

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Doggin94it said:

2/3) Due process and the presumption of innocence are concepts that apply in a court of law and have nothing to do with personal judgment and opinion. For example: do you go around insisting that OJ is innocent because he was found not guilty in a criminal trial? Or do you - contrary to all available evidence - have the mental capacity to recognize that those are two completely separate inquiries?

4) I recognize that judgment and logical thinking isn't your strong suit, but if you think the Texans will take a cut-rate deal as a result of this, you're taking that to a whole other level. Congrats on your success in your chosen area of endeavor, even if it's a ******* stupid one to choose.

5) Recognizing that if Watson didn't do what he's been accused of he'll be just the latest in a long line of falsely accused Black men isn't "making this about race" - it's simply being aware of reality. I get that this isn't your forte, but come on, man.

And that's my last comment on this topic because I don't want to get this thread locked just because you're an aggressive moron as opposed to a quiet one

Not even worth trying to talk logic to people like that, better to just keep scrolling and let them perish in their own ignorance 🤷‍♂️

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Calling me names and an aggressive moron, while posting that? I'll pass as well.

• WTF? 1