2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I have zero  interest in russell wilson in the trade market though i do for deshaun watson.

Seattle can't trade Wilson for the chicago offer, it could end up being far too close to the jamal trade value.

I’d rather just draft Wilson if we are going in a different direction.  I’m not keen on giving up a ton of firsts 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, football guy said:

Bears offer to the Seahawks for QB Russell Wilson: 

• 3 first-round picks 
  • 1 third-round pick 
  • 2 starters 

• Our later 1st (#23), both 1sts (2022)

• Our early 3rd #66

• Sam (who Pete loves), CJ Mosley 

——

Trade down from #2, get a weaponz + 2nd (2021) + 1st (2022) 

8 minutes ago, football guy said:

• 3 first-round picks 
  • 1 third-round pick 
  • 2 starters 

GMs do not look at it that way and it is not a valid way to assess a trade. First round picks are not equal. Just the #2 pick alone is worth the Bears 3 #s, so the Bears deal is really not as lucrative as it seems.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, football guy said:

I’m hoping Douglas was right on this one. The contract and APY is solid (which Douglas uses as his primary buy or sell point), and the guarantees indicate that he feels really good about the player. 

There’s a lot to like about Davis. Young, team player, looks the part, clearly talented, has the attributes of a No. 1 receiver... I just wonder how the Jets plan to maximize the production of both he and Mims

Should I be concerned that Davis and Mims look to me like very similar players?  Or am I wrong about that?

3 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I am hoping that guys like Lattimore, Fuller, Barnett, etc. is why Douglas sat on his hands yesterday. We need some more impact signings if we're going to have a competitive 2021

Mmmmmmmmm.... Lattimore

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMKgxxyuy1FHHgXs_B4l4

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

• Our later 1st (#23), both 1sts (2022)

• Our early 3rd #66

• Sam (who Pete loves), CJ Mosley 

——

Trade down from #2, get a weaponz + 2nd (2021) + 1st (2022) 

I would be ok with this IF we got a huge return for trading down from 2 

13 minutes ago, football guy said:

• 3 first-round picks 
  • 1 third-round pick 
  • 2 starters 

Just googled Panthers 2020 draft . Supposedly, story out there that they are hell bent on getting Watson. Texans have said that they want 1-2 defensive players. Panthers #1 pick was Derrick Brown, and #3 was Jeremy Chin. Picks are picks, but as far as players go, I don't know who could match young guys like that.

• Upvote 1

Don't want Wilson (Russ mainly but actually neither one ideally).

If I'm trading for a QB, it's Watson or bust.  Wilson is for a team that feels like they are a QB away.  Watson is a guy you can build around for a decade.  Far more fitting to our situation.

And yeah, as long as there's even a 1% chance the Jags would consider Wilson over Lawrence (even if it involved a trade), I'm hanging on to #2.  Trading it and watching Lawrence drop would be the MOST Jetsy thing in a long history of Jetsy things.  Unless it's for Watson, I think you sit on any other trade up until JAX makes their pick.

I would definitely explore Kyle Fuller.  He would take a lot of urgency off our need to draft a CB early.  But he is 29, so I wonder if JD will get hung up on the length of any deal he would want to sign.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

These would be good signings not just from a slight talent upgrade but moreso to help install the system.  Two guys at different levels of the defense sitting in different positional meeting rooms leading other players by example.

I think back to Rex Ryan showing up at Bart Scott's door at 12:01 to sign him as a free agent.  Leadership matters.  These are Saleh guys, similar to how a Nick Mullens would be a good QB to have for LaFleur putting in the offense.  I could absolutely see a Zack Wilson, Nick Mullens, James Morgan QB depth chart here.

7 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Most mocks are returning a 2nd and change this year (think 5th?), plus a 1st next year. 

Yup.  There is no way I’m trading the 2nd overall for Wilson or Watson.  Honestly I’d rather just draft a QB but if we do t go down the other road then we must keep the 2nd overall and trade down otherwise there is no point