2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

24 minutes ago, Paradis said:

the whole "be patient" thing is bullsh*t.... but contrary to millennial-pop-cultural, that doesn't mean be foolishly aggressive... Like most things in life - there's this sweet spot called being prudently assertive.

This isn't like waiting for microwaves to go on sale at Walmart. There's a psychological component not much different then when realtors want to move on offers. Agents come from the same cloth. You wait around for this or that.. you miss out - end of story

Again dude, free agency hasn't even started....And there is going to be some good last minute cuts, given the cap situation of half the league.

I don't want JD to be another Jet GM who wins the Free Agency Super Bowl by handing over-bloated contracts to mediocre talent, and then waste draft picks.  Lets try a different approach then the one for the last decade that HASN'T WORKED!

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Again dude, free agency hasn't even started....And there is going to be some good last minute cuts, given the cap situation of half the league.

I don't want JD to be another Jet GM who wins the Free Agency Super Bowl by handing over-bloated contracts to mediocre talent, and then waste draft picks.  Lets try a different approach then the one for the last decade that HASN'T WORKED!

Sorry but I’m right. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

On scale of 1-10 how badly do you want not to have Sam next year @Jetlife33 

id say you’re looking like an 11. 

Haha I’m just passing on rumors and info. I’ve been a pretty big supporter of Sam, but I understand if Jd decides to move on. I’d love nothing more than the Jets to have their FQB already in the building. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

28 years old. Hard for me to understand why we wouldn't be taking a long look at him

We are apparently only signing FAs who are exactly 26 years old. 

so this alone can officially de-confirm any potential interest there. 

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Haha I’m just passing on rumors and info. I’ve been a pretty big supporter of Sam, but I understand if Jd decides to move on. I’d love nothing more than the Jets to have their FQB already in the building. 

Thank you for every post, truly appreciate it! And keep the anti Sam stuff coming! 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

I figured that.. Don’t care how much the Texans said they wouldn’t trade him when it’s obvious he’s never gonna play for them again they have no choice..

The whole call his bluff and fine him everyday while he doesn’t play instead of taking a deal with tons of picks where you can draft a young QB would be the dumbest move ever and be the final nail in the coffin of your franchise.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

queue @bitonti

not that people should care what I think but these are frugal and good (young) signings 

they were never going to get an Arob or a Thuney i've said this for months

they won't spend all the way to the cap... maybe one day when they are ready for a super bowl

the Johnsons do a dance with the cap floor not the cap ceiling 

Corey Davis and Carl Lawson is a Best case for this franchise, what's good about them and Jarrad Davis too is age they are all going to be 26 this season.  Between those three signings they likely filled WR, DE and OLB starting positions

there's not going to be a Watson or a Zach Ertz deal 

this team is focused on installing a new system, switching to a 4-3 it's not really a contending situation as much as Jets fans like to pretend. 

what this is really about is fans having high expectations 

if Zach Wilson and Justin Fields require 80 million dollars of offensive FA to survive the season they are better off going with the crash test dummies 

#morgantruther 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 4

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

not that people should care what I think but these are frugal and good (young) signings 

they were never going to get an Arob or a Thuney i've said this for months

they won't spend all the way to the cap... maybe one day when they are ready for a super bowl

the Johnsons do a dance with the cap floor not the cap ceiling 

Corey Davis and Carl Lawson is a Best case for this franchise, what's good about them and Jarrad Davis too is age they are all going to be 26 this season.  Between those three signings they likely filled WR, DE and OLB starting positions

there's not going to be a Watson or a Zach Ertz deal 

this team is focused on installing a new system, switching to a 4-3 it's not really a contending situation as much as Jets fans like to pretend. 

what this is really about is fans having high expectations 

if Zach Wilson and Justin Fields require 80 million dollars of offensive FA to survive the season they are better off going with the crash test dummies 

#morgantruther 

100% Great post 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

52 years and counting............

NY Jets have PSL's and season tickets to sell. 

2-14 dismal season we can all sit here and say it doesn't matter, when in reality it does. 

Most are not running to invest in the NY Jets PSL's and season tickets. 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I hit on this yesterday - but I think you two are looking at this too rigidly - and being a Jets fan, you’re not used to having nice things/options. 

firstly it’s smart to hedge your bets and have more than one player that can play the perimeter. Most teams do this, we’re just not used to it here. Secondly both are capable of playing split ends and flanker in traditional two wide receiver sets. Denzel did a lot more then I think you guys are aware of at Baylor. He wasn’t strictly a corner and post guy

Possibly, ive been called rigid a few times.  

Agreed its smart to hedge bets, you want guys to be flexible enough to fill multiple roles on offense so that if someone goes down the structure of the offense can operate at a high efficiency still from a schematic standpoint.  I really like the Davis signing, i think he fits a lot of what we would like to do here, I just wonder a few things:

1.When you look at potentially adding another FA piece and a Draft piece where it leaves Mims in the pecking order. 

2. Obviously the coaching staff has a plan for both and how to utilize them but knowing the offense as I do and the structure it is an interesting conversation to have thinking which set up it'll resemble more (as obviously it'll have its own spin to it).  

Cmonnnn you know i know mims wasnt a corner/ post guy at baylor! how much did i sing his praises in the draft zoom about his senior bowl route running and release work? lol Thats why I was so high on samuel being here where he could be the movement guy and let Mims eat up the deep middle on digs and overs, then have him slam back on some comebacks, which admittedly he may still do in the offense, its just a role I see Davis being equally adept at so I'm just curious as to the vision. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

38 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

This sums me up almost exactly. 

What I want is simply this - Ignore the whole "financial benefits of having a rookie QB contract" idea because it's kinda crap.  Aaron Rodgers has been on the same team for 15 years and they can afford him and get far in the playoffs.  Jets fans want to trade for Deshaun Watson and he's not on a rookie contract!!  The whole focus has to be on who the best player is and I'm not sure if the Jets know that until they see (with their own eyes) Zack Wilson (and the other guys) throw footballs.  Maybe they're 85% of the way in evaluating Wilson but you can't make a decision on the most important position on the team without a full evaluation.

If Zack Wilson looks the same or better than Darnold, take him.  If Wilson doesn't seem like he'd be a sure upgrade then keep Sam and parlay that #2 pick into assets that support Darnold's success.  But the Jets can't make that decision today and probably not until March 26th (Wilson's Pro Day).  If they trade Darnold today then they box themselves into either taking a QB at #2 (without fully evaluating them all) or giving up leverage in a trade for Watson.  Can you imagine that Joe Douglas wants to make a call to the Texans inquiring about DeShaun Watson AFTER having already traded away Sam Darnold?  I can't.

Joe D. will only trade Sam once he knows he has a plan for upgrading that QB.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

52 years and counting............

NY Jets have PSL's and season tickets to sell. 

2-14 dismal season we can all sit here and say it doesn't matter, when in reality it does. 

Most are not running to invest in the NY Jets PSL's and season tickets. 

if you ask me to show my work or "what happened" 

the problem lies with how the league distributes money 

the Jets don't get paid by the win. They get paid for the attempt. There's no consequence to losing. They aren't going to be relegated to the XFL or Canada. 

corporate accounts buy PSL and write them off as a business expense 

The stadium was 2nd in attendance in 2019 despite the team being awful like 29th in Power ranking

long story short, the Jets don't have to try to win to make money (none of these teams do)

it's an added benefit that whatever Jets fans are left are so far gaslit we treat HC/GM firings like Super Bowl victories,  and are mad when the team wins games instead of tanking for trevor, that's how backwards things have become within the fan base 

For other owners, winning is an issue of pride and they have like their software empire to fall back on. Meanwhile the Johnsons haven't seen Bandaid money for generations. Their greatest source of wealth is the team. Their biggest piece of collateral is the team. They are not rich enough to be approved as owners in 2021, neither is Kraft tho, he is just more committed, as this week's events prove (yet again)  

The Johnsons don't "Need" to win. It would be nice. But primarily they use the gap between the cap floor and the cap ceiling as an ATM machine. 

they did not get to 80 mil under 180 mil cap by accident

JD / Saleh are operating despite ownership not with ownership's full support (like how BB gets from Kraft). 

there are some positive steps like hiring a training staff that are PhD instead of italian market butchers. Or hiring Saleh instead of Marvin Lewis 

still, this roster is ass and they will be an underrated team not a contender in the near future. the type of team that's 10 point underdogs and somehow covers. not a team that is favored 

this has been the Jets identity since the beginning they are the likable losers not the league powerhouse. everyone has a role to play, our role is getting laughed at for buttfumbles. 

what we really need to ask ourselves is why would next year be different? 

it's like standing at the roulette machine seeing 10 reds and betting that black is due. Or that red is hot. it's a gambler's fallacy. 

this is like a 4 win roster, maybe 6 if everything goes amazing. Adding 3 starters and some depth moves the needle some but it's going to take time to build a program, assuming that's what they really want to do.