2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

Just now, Paradis said:

Since when the Fck did we offer 4 firsts. 

I thought it had reached eleven, according to this forum.  Plus Quinnen Williams of course.  (Like Saleh has any intention of letting Q go anywhere but to his locker in Florham Park.)

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So the NY Jets being $50 million dollars under is acceptable for a 2-14 team. 

they did not play $50 million under the cap last year.  Nor will they this year.  By 4 PM they need to be anywhere under.  Whether it is $50 million or $1 million.  By the time the season starts, with rookies, more free agents and even possible trades, the numbers change for each team.  Then there is the roll over factor to consider as well. 

This all pertains to the false narrative that Jets ownership is cheap with spending on the cap.  Untrue.  

I really think it all began with Hess, pre salary cap as well, who seemed to be on the cheap side at times in spending.  I think some of that has been unjustifiably carried over to Woody.  And I am the last person who wants to defend that man. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

they did not play $50 million under the cap last year.  Nor will they this year.  By 4 PM they need to be anywhere under.  Whether it is $50 million or $1 million.  By the time the season starts, with rookies, more free agents and even possible trades, the numbers change for each team.  Then there is the roll over factor to consider as well. 

Last season I thought we played the entire season 2nd in the NFL to cap space available 

5 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Basically two firsts and Jamal Adams.

I make that trade in a heartbeat.

People need to quit trying to pump up the value of a trade by inserting jamal adams into it.  The Jets utterly fleeced Seattle in that deal.  Look at the potential resources now.

#2 and #23 overall this year.

Now what could the picks be next year?  Plausible that they could both be top 10 picks.  Seattle with or without Wilson are due for a fall.  The Jets are still a ways away talent wise from making noise.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 3

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So the NY Jets being $50 million dollars under is acceptable for a 2-14 team. 

They're not 50mil under.

That number doesn't include Lawson.  Or of course rookie signings.

It's more like 24 million free right now.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

But it’s not. 

its 2021, Jamal’s been gone since before the 2020 season and we finished 2 and fcking 14.

it’s not two firsts and Jamal. It’s 4 firsts and what would be a franchise quarterback on a rookie contract… Or six first round picks potentially if we traded back.

HOU is can go f*ck themselves. It’s their problem, they don’t get to dictate how much.

It's two firsts and the picks we got in the Jamal trade. So it's two firsts and Jamal.

Make that trade now, and send Woody's plane to rescue Deshaun from Jonestown.

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Sorta. Stark was saying they were the same player due to size and I was just arguing that doesn’t always mean they’re the same kind guy.

Gotcha. 

I watched YouTubes on their respective 2020 seasons, and I gotta say, Corey Davis comes across as being much bigger than 205, I’d guess he’s at least 215.  

To me, he is our X. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, sourceworx said:

It's two firsts and the picks we got in the Jamal trade. So it's two firsts and Jamal.

Make that trade now, and send Woody's plane to rescue Deshaun from Jonestown.

And here we have the definitive difference in being a fan and a general manager who has to run a organization. 

• Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, Dcat said:

No team spends to the cap.  All leave a cushion.  I posted the numbers for you last month or so.  The Jets were no where near the cap floor.  No team was.  Nor will any be....  ever.

Dude they were just 80 million under now 50 million under both way under the floor 

What's your explanation? They are really spendy owners they just forgot where they left the check book? 

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

People need to quit trying to pump up the value of a trade by inserting jamal adams into it.  The Jets utterly fleeced Seattle in that deal.  Look at the potential resources now.

#2 and #23 overall this year.

Now what could the picks be next year?  Plausible that they could both be top 10 picks.  Seattle with or without Wilson are due for a fall.  The Jets are still a ways away talent wise from making noise.

Number 2 is off limits.  That’s a extraordinary valuable pick.  Either you draft a QB there OR you trade down and get a huge return.  Personally I’ve always felt that the Watson thing was a huge pipe dream.  Probably better odds of finding millions of dollars of gold in the Hudson River ?.  Douglas wants to build through the draft considering all the holes we have it’s the best option 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Paradis said:

As I said in my other post, that’s simply not true at all. And that’s a MacCagnan level assessment of the situation.

No, Maccagnan's assessment was to take Jamal instead of Deshaun. Then he compounded that mistake by trading three second round picks to "luck" into getting Sam at #3 in 2018.

• Post of the Week 2

Just now, bitonti said:

Dude they were just 80 million under now 50 million under both way under the floor 

What's your explanation? They are really spendy owners they just forgot where they left the check book? 

That 50 million does not factor in Lawson or rookies. 

Realistically the number is 24mil or so.

11 minutes ago, Dcat said:

This all pertains to the false narrative that Jets ownership is cheap with spending on the cap.  Untrue.  

I really think it all began with Hess, pre salary cap as well, who seemed to be on the cheap side at times in spending.  I think some of that has been unjustifiably carried over to Woody.  And I am the last person who wants to defend that man. 

Last year cap number was healthy because of all the trades and cutting quincy and trumaine. Having 6m hit the cap for trading Adams is not the same as spending 6m on the roster