2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

26 minutes ago, TomDex69 said:

I'm a new member but I've been lurking the past month or so.  I figured I would throw my 2 cents in here.

When coming up with how much cap space a team will need to sign their rookies most people get it wrong.  the $12.5 number IS what the 9 rookies would make this year in cap space.  That is true.  But the current cap number is based on 53 players already so those rookies would be replacing 9 players who are already taking up cap space.  So looking at the roster those bottom players on the 53 who are most likely to be cut take up about $7.7 million in cap space.  That means it would take roughly $4.8 million in additional cap space to sign all 9 rookies.

Also, almost assuredly, Lawsons contract at $15 million per year will have a lower cap hit in year 1 than $15 million.  I'm going to suggest it'll be around $10 million.  

Current Cap Space:  $54 million (not $51 million like originally reported.  Corey Davis' number is $9.3 not $12.3 like it says on OTC)

Deduct Lawson and Rookies:  Roughly $15 million

Cap Space Left:  $39 million

I expect another $10 million from the the Jets releasing Crowder.  The Jets have plenty of money to sign whoever they want if they're willing to.

Oh btw...  welcome!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

5E11BD8A-1822-4F1E-A038-220FDB08440B.thumb.jpeg.238d65f404b6b2d8ed0c17cec209f469.jpeg

I’d say if things stay the way they are and nothing changes, this will be the pick

Is there anyway the Fields gets the nod? What would have to happen on their pro days for them to perhaps change the minds of the Jets.

I'm on the fence for both.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, prime21 said:

Is there anyway the Fields gets the nod? What would have to happen on their pro days for them to perhaps change the minds of the Jets.

I'm on the fence for both.

Wilson has a bad day on the Whiteboard and interviews.  I think Wilson crushes these, but Fields is a bright kid with an excellent attitude.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Paradis said:

I won’t defend Lawrence. But I have seen homework suggesting Wilson’s not superman vs pressure. Regardless, the guy is not battle tested (vs Fields per say) ....That’s a concern, as it should be. Doesn’t mean he won’t be great, but how can That not be a serious goddamn concern

Understandable concern because I’ve red flagged so many QB’s coming out the last few years as probably not being able to handle pressure well or read coverages post/pre snap, at least from my own arm chair scout perspective, on a consistent basis, then 90% of them turn around and have really good careers lol.(so far) I’m convinced it’s too hard for me to predict at this point lol, too many guys that looked calm & cool in college have folded and vice versa so I try to just identify attributes that seems to translate really well and Wilson, imo, just has ton of really really likable traits & qualities about him. 

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Paradis said:
  • Dealing with the pressure is only thing these guys all had. ... and what is the ONE thing we don't now about Zach fcking Wilson
  • Can he handle pressure

*shake my damn head*

yes

Also far and away the best 2nd read thrower in the class. He also placed top with regards to tight window throws. He can play.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

5E11BD8A-1822-4F1E-A038-220FDB08440B.thumb.jpeg.238d65f404b6b2d8ed0c17cec209f469.jpeg

I’d say if things stay the way they are and nothing changes, this will be the pick

Cimini in his column today:

The way we hear it, Jets general manager Joe Douglas has a particular affinity for Wilson.

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/86139/sam-darnold-market-is-shrinking-as-new-york-jets-mull-quarterback-decision

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

I won’t defend Lawrence. But I have seen homework suggesting Wilson’s not superman vs pressure. Regardless, the guy is not battle tested (vs Fields per say) ....That’s a concern, as it should be. Doesn’t mean he won’t be great, but how can That not be a serious goddamn concern

Fields was pressured on 29.9% of drop backs to Wilson’s 22.2%of drop backs according to PFF. Derrick Klassen has Fields at 21.73% and Wilson at 16.4%. Neither is really “battle tested.” 

• Sympathy 1