2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

FWIW, Saleh and LaFleur are fans of Sam.  JD is too, but he likes Wilson a lot.  It’s not a “power struggle”, as they’ll reach a consensus opinion, but GMs tend to win those “battles”.  That’s what my beliefs regarding what I believe will ultimately happen are based around.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

Just now, BornJetsFan1983 said:

i bet that no matter the preference Joe and team want to wait on doing anything final untill after Jax makes that pick, because if they dont pick the qb they are supposed to, I am pretty sure they will want the option to take him. Imagine if they trade it away before draft day and jax pulls a number out of the browns playbook and pick wilson instead or whomever. They just gift trevor to someone when they could have taken him, or traded the pick away for alot more otherwise.

Exactly my point earlier!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

The thing about having Cap space, ESPECIALLY in a year like this when other teams are forced to cut players or can't match your offers, is that it really gives you a chance to jumpstart your roster without having to overspend.  BUT, you still have to spend.  The Cap space is the weapon that helps you preserve your Draft picks and not have to use them as capital in trades. I mean, what good is an umbrella if on the one day it rains you never open it?

We need to see what JD does in the coming days but I'm truly expecting some upgrades.  He needs to find at least 3-4 more starters minimum on a team that had so many guys on 1-year deals last year.  

you would agree he has already upgraded the PAss rush, WR and special teams wiht his spending so far right? Not saying it is fixed but he as already started upgrading in your option right/>?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

FWIW, Saleh and LaFleur are fans of Sam.  JD is too, but he likes Wilson a lot.  It’s not a “power struggle”, as they’ll reach a consensus opinion, but GMs tend to win those “battles”. That’s what my beliefs are based around.

If I’m the Jets I would be feeding all my sources different angles, I personally expected more of the Darnold staying talk.

But ultimately you will be correct and Darnold will be moved and Zach will be the Qb 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

17 minutes ago, Paradis said:

How so? You’ve conceded nothing. So It’s reasonable to presume at this point that you hold some distorted “he’s flawless” position on Wilson - since the obvious concern with him is that he was known as Lawnchair Wilson for a significant portion of time. Some tracked the first 6 weeks and discerned that hadn’t be under pressure once or something obscene. 

why don’t you walk me threw his shortcomings. Maybe you’ll win me over.   

I've never said that he is flawless, so you are countering something that doesn't exist. Just because I haven't said that he is flawed doesn't mean that he's flawless. For example, I can use that logic to say that you think Ian Book is a top QB in the class just because you've never said the contrary. However if you want flaws I got you

He tends to play hero ball a bit much, and his mechanics are inconsistent and have a tendency to to falter as he goes through a play. Stuff that needs to be fixed, but can be. Also I don't have concerns about his frame, but his shoulder issues make me a bit skeptical. Also need to get a good judge about his character, more confident in Fields with that regards.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

you would agree he has already upgraded the PAss rush, WR and special teams wiht his spending so far right? Not saying it is fixed but he as already started upgrading in your option right/>?

Yes, Davis should be an upgrade over Perriman.  But we still have no WR1.  Corey Davis was WR2 in Tennessee and should be WR2 here although he may have to be WR1 for this season.

Lawson is an upgrade at Edge, but mostly in the sense of we didn't really have too many down DEs for the 4-3 anyway.  This team is in a defensive transition so even though he's better than say a Henry Anderson, he doesn't really play the same DE position Henry did.

Hardee looks like a solid, under the radar signing.

In short, all 3 guys look like a good additions, but there is still a TON of work to be done so that our Draft doesn't become three days of trying to fill needs all over the roster.

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Paradis said:

How so? You’ve conceded nothing. So It’s reasonable to presume at this point that you hold some distorted “he’s flawless” position on Wilson - since the obvious concern with him is that he was known as Lawnchair Wilson for a significant portion of time. Some tracked the first 6 weeks and discerned that hadn’t be under pressure once or something obscene. 

why don’t you walk me threw his shortcomings. Maybe you’ll win me over.   

An example of him throwing a dart under heavy pressure

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

Yes, Davis should be an upgrade over Perriman.  But we still have no WR1.  Corey Davis was WR2 in Tennessee and should be WR2 here although he may have to be WR1 for this season.

Lawson is an upgrade at Edge, but mostly in the sense of we didn't really have too many down DEs for the 4-3 anyway.  This team is in a defensive transition so even though he's better than say a Henry Anderson, he doesn't really play the same DE position Henry did.

In short, all 3 guys look like a good additions, but there is still a TON of work to be done so that our Draft doesn't become three days of trying to fill needs all over the roster.

Still a ton of work.

But I think you're underestimating Lawson.

Especially factoring Q getting pressure up the middle.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Grandy said:

I've never said that he is flawless, so you are countering something that doesn't exist. Just because I haven't said that he is flawed doesn't mean that he's flawless. For example, I can use that logic to say that you think Ian Book is a top QB in the class just because you've never said the contrary. However if you want flaws I got you

He tends to play hero ball a bit much, and his mechanics are inconsistent and have a tendency to to falter as he goes through a play. Stuff that needs to be fixed, but can be. Also I don't have concerns about his frame, but his shoulder issues make me a bit skeptical. Also need to get a good judge about his character, more confident in Fields with that regards.

Fine. We’re best friends now. 

• Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

FWIW, Saleh and LaFleur are fans of Sam.  JD is too, but he likes Wilson a lot.  It’s not a “power struggle”, as they’ll reach a consensus opinion, but GMs tend to win those “battles”. That’s what my beliefs are based around.

Solution: Roll with both of them in 2021.

Darnold is cheap, young, experienced, has some upside in the new system, and is a good soldier. He's a good bridge quarterback and will fetch a nice comp pick after the reins are turned over to the groomed rookie in 2022.

I don't see the Jets trading Darnold unless they get a substantial offer for him. That doesn't mean they can't or won't draft a quarterback at #2.

24 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

We’ll see about that.  The exact words given to me were: “Looks more like he (Sam) gets moved.  The Zach Wilson love is real”.

This is going to be a long f*cking week.  

I started out loving this offseason but I already hate it. 

• Sympathy 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Just said it in another post, but I was referring to the timeline that leads to Wilson’s pro day. That’s when I expect a more definitive decision.

Was just listening to a podcast now and the guy claimed he has Jets sauces...said they picked the players in free agency so far who "eat, breathe, and sht football".... any idea if Wilson has these traits? 

25 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Great, more opportunities for him to miss wide open receivers with a clean pocket or throws made with terrible footwork.

The guy made a washed Joe Flacco look decent at times last year with the same protection and weapons.

AGREE AGREE AGREE 

And all along I've said if this is the plan then PLAN B better be a viable backup Mullens who can immediately step in when he fails. 

If JD keeps Sam Darnold and decides he's the QB there's nothing we can do about it. 

7 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Was just listening to a podcast now and the guy claimed he has Jets sauces...said they picked the players in free agency so far who "eat, breathe, and sht football".... any idea if Wilson has these traits? 

I mean, I guess we could do some investigative work to find out if Wilson sh!ts footballs.... but who is signing up for that?

I nominate @Paradis.  He'd probably love digging up sh!t on Wilson! ?

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Everything I’ve heard is that he does, yes.

• Sympathy 2

21 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

100 percent agree, i was just curious if you thought that, because all the signing look like they are aopart of a good plan to get better verse just adding big name - all these moves i think make our team better on the field not just on paper

• Upvote 1