2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

2 hours ago, C Mart said:

I heard on Sirius this morning w/Charlie Weiss and the host - and I never knew this - a team can only trade 3 straight years of #1 picks?  

I know the NBA you can't trade a #1 two straight years.  I didn't know the NFL had a limit.....Obviously regarding the above Carolina could do 3 consecutive years of #1. Keep their yr 4 and trade their #1 the following year

I’m not sure about this. Maybe he means like “you can’t do it” in the sense that you shouldn’t do it 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, C Mart said:

I heard on Sirius this morning w/Charlie Weiss and the host - and I never knew this - a team can only trade 3 straight years of #1 picks?  

I know the NBA you can't trade a #1 two straight years.  I didn't know the NFL had a limit.....Obviously regarding the above Carolina could do 3 consecutive years of #1. Keep their yr 4 and trade their #1 the following year

It seems like the Rams have done it 22 years in a row.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, football guy said:

I’m not sure about this. Maybe he means like “you can’t do it” in the sense that you shouldn’t do it 

I think you can only trade picks 2 years into the future (I.e this year's picks plus picks from 2022 and 2023) - maybe that's what he meant?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, football guy said:

I think it's a max of three years. Sure I read that somewhere?

Someone was saying that once the draft actually starts, but you haven't picked yet, you may include the fourth year?

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

Joe Douglas literally doing nothing

As is the case for most of the league. It’s been said he’s like to be patient and exploit players he’s targeting whose markets aren’t what they hoped.

I don’t hate the approach. It’ll come together. Far more accomplished veterans available right now - many of whom don’t rush their decision. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Remember that time I threw out trading Darnold to CAR by swapping 23 and 8? That's the equivalent of a Top 39 pick. I wonder if my post is the source of Chad Forbes' rumor??

Carolina is going all-in for Watson. Not happening. Besides, would they downgrade to Sam?

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, football guy said:

I'm fairly certain you can only trade 3 years of draft picks right now.  plus the 4th  year once the draft starts.

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Carolina is going all-in for Watson. Not happening. Besides, would they downgrade to Sam?

Yeah, I posted that a few weeks ago before all the Watson to CAR talk. Why would CAR want Sam? **** if I know but if they do, the good news is we can bring Robby back for cheap next year after Sam keeps missing him deep!

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Grandy said:

I swear if Douglas decides to pass on a top QB prospect and roll it back with Ginger Bortles because he couldn't get pick 40 instead of 50 I might castrate myself. 

Sam will be traded and they will take a QB at 2!

I get the sense JD overplayed his hand and is now sending out rumors that they're trading out - letting these people think we're willing to roll with Sam.  No way.

I think Sam is gone by next week.  JD will take the best offer on the table right now.  He has to move on.

• Sympathy 2