Jump to content

2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***


joewilly12

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Sam will be traded and they will take a QB at 2!

I get the sense JD overplayed his hand and is now sending out rumors that they're trading out - letting these people think we're willing to roll with Sam.  No way.

I think Sam is gone by next week.  JD will take the best offer on the table right now.  He has to move on.

Hope that's the case and we do the logical thing. You never know with us though.

Drafting a guy makes way more sense compared to #darnold2021 which makes little to none. 

The possible idea of a late vs. early second round pick being the difference between Tim Couch 2, and a top prospect is crazy. Even though it isnt incredibly likely, the fact that there's a debate scares me. 

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Sam will be traded and they will take a QB at 2!

I get the sense JD overplayed his hand and is now sending out rumors that they're trading out - letting these people think we're willing to roll with Sam.  No way.

I think Sam is gone by next week.  JD will take the best offer on the table right now.  He has to move on.

Theoretically if they have Wilson, Fields and Mac all rated similarly (long shot, I know) they could trade down from 2 to 4, pick up some good picks and then take whoever is left at that spot and then another big piece at 8. 

  • WTF? 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Grandy said:

Hope that's the case and we do the logical thing. You never know with us though.

Drafting a guy makes way more sense compared to #darnold2021 which makes little to none. 

The possible idea of a late vs. early second round pick being the difference between Tim Couch 2, and a top prospect is crazy. Even though it isnt incredibly likely, the fact that there's a debate scares me. 

I agree completely.  The logical thing is to do exactly as you stated.

I mentioned this earlier - but I think JD may have overplayed his hand.  I think he probably got super tricky with the Adams trade and got his way - so is trying to duplicate that success but it may have backfired.

Remember - JD actually walked away from 2 first for Adams - otherwise the 3rd wouldn't also be in there.

Again, this is all speculation - but I suspect he realizes this now, making one more push with this "we're trading out of 2" ruse - but then will take the best offer on the table.  Probably a mid to late 2 and a 5 or something.  

My guess, there was an early 2 on the table and that's gone now.  Sam is gone by the end of next week.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Keep #2: draft QB

Trade up to inside top 10: draft Sewell

Is that the thinking?

It makes no sense.

I love Sewell but it’s a far better idea just to take him at 2 rather than give up what it would take to go up again. And he’s not getting past Cincy at 5.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, K_O_Brien said:

I don't know tbh, but imagine if we did want to trade up from 23, it would only be for Slater. 

 

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

It makes no sense.

I love Sewell but it’s a far better idea just to take him at 2 rather than give up what it would take to go up again. And he’s not getting past Cincy at 5.

I think it would be insane and the antithesis of what we’ve been told joe is about.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Theoretically if they have Wilson, Fields and Mac all rated similarly (long shot, I know) they could trade down from 2 to 4, pick up some good picks and then take whoever is left at that spot and then another big piece at 8. 

Agreed.  I think it's unlikely but depending on what they can get to go from 2 to 4 - it's always possible...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I agree completely.  The logical thing is to do exactly as you stated.

I mentioned this earlier - but I think JD may have overplayed his hand.  I think he probably got super tricky with the Adams trade and got his way - so is trying to duplicate that success but it may have backfired.

Remember - JD actually walked away from 2 first for Adams - otherwise the 3rd wouldn't also be in there.

Again, this is all speculation - but I suspect he realizes this now, making one more push with this "we're trading out of 2" ruse - but then will take the best offer on the table.  Probably a mid to late 2 and a 5 or something.  

My guess, there was an early 2 on the table and that's gone now.  Sam is gone by the end of next week.  

If so, bet it was Denver. Maybe still be alive. Who the hell knows anymore?

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Theoretically if they have Wilson, Fields and Mac all rated similarly (long shot, I know) they could trade down from 2 to 4, pick up some good picks and then take whoever is left at that spot and then another big piece at 8. 

I know it's a huge hypothetical, but say we trade down to 6 or 8 and still get Lance/Fields.

I would be a very happy man.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

 

I think it would be insane and the antithesis of what we’ve been told joe is about.

Agreed, I think it's unlikely and doesn't fit the philisophy Joe likes to talks about.

It only works if the cost for moving from 23 to 8 was Sam Darnold, so you're down a pick but you haven't lost draft capital. 

And I could only see it for Slater. Not a tight end or receiver but an interior o-line beast that could slot in next to Becton and offer the same protection we were hoping we might get from Thuney. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So Carolina wants Watson at all costs, and they can give them future picks plus good young players ala (Brown, Chinn, MCaffery) BUT they cannot give them what Houston holds out for that being Houstons choice of QBS in this draft. (Wilson  or Fields)

This is where the Jets come in with the #2 pick.

How can we make a three team deal or would it be impossible for carolina to go up to #2 and have stuff houston wants?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, section314 said:

If so, bet it was Denver. Maybe still be alive. Who the hell knows anymore?

Yup.  I really have no idea anyway.  We can usually figure out GM's our pretty easily.

Still not sure if JD is smart or a putz.  I think we will find out soon enough.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Best WR on the board or CB book it. 

So we roll with Sam...draft him a LT or RT, WR and then a CB for Saleh..

And do what? Wins 7 games and draft a QB from 11 next year?  It honestly makes close to no sense to keep Sam as the preemptive starter next year.  

But it's certainly possible, 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

So we roll with Sam...draft him a LT or RT, WR and then a CB for Saleh..

And do what? Wins 7 games and draft a QB from 11 next year?  It honestly makes close to no sense to keep Sam as the preemptive starter next year.  

But it's certainly possible, 

Need to surround him with more talent if we keep him. 

Sign Ju-Ju trade for Ertz. 

Etienne or Harris in the draft. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...