2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

joewilly12

12 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

Agreed, I think it's unlikely and doesn't fit the philisophy Joe likes to talks about.

It only works if the cost for moving from 23 to 8 was Sam Darnold, so you're down a pick but you haven't lost draft capital. 

And I could only see it for Slater. Not a tight end or receiver but an interior o-line beast that could slot in next to Becton and offer the same protection we were hoping we might get from Thuney. 

Down a player, not a pick - right?

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Need to surround him with more talent if we keep him. 

Sign Ju-Ju trade for Ertz. 

Etienne or Harris in the draft. 

I just think the risk of that huge - then you're mostly capped out a year later when you have to find a new QB....and high priced guys to break in a rookie. Really doesn't make any sense to keep Sam.

I really hope he's not trying to rebuild the 49ers.  Average QB play and heavy resources into defense - I just hate that strategy and was my biggest concern with Saleh.

the problem is, with that, you can put together a run for sure - but it's a two year window and you're back to picking in the top 10.

Build an offense, find an elite QB and you're competitive for 15 years.

Just now, SR24 said:

If this is where we’re at for the top WR on the market I’d hope we’re looking into it 

Somewhere in this thread I commented that I’d expect to see a lot of 1- and2-year deals that basically get players set up for FA again after the cap gets right.

This makes sense. 1-year prove it with Golladay is way better than with Pertiman.

47 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He was also an exciting prospect when his name was Noah Fant and Evan Engram!

Look, i love you. But if you ever compare Pitts like this again, I'm going to come to your house and make you uncomfortable. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yup.  I really have no idea anyway.  We can usually figure out GM's our pretty easily.

Still not sure if JD is smart or a putz.  I think we will find out soon enough.

You know what you’re on to something JD might be thinking he overplayed his hand with this Darnold thing, surprisingly that “Darnold stinks bro” tweet grew legs and many are speaking on it: 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Somewhere in this thread I commented that I’d expect to see a lot of 1- and2-year deals that basically get players set up for FA again after the cap gets right.

This makes sense. 1-year prove it with Golladay is way better than with Pertiman.

With the cap we’ve got Joe D could give Wilson more weapons in 1yr than Darnold got in all 3 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SR24 said:

With the cap we’ve got Joe D could give Wilson more weapons in 1yr than Darnold got in all 3 

This is my concern right now....That JD is like Mac in that he doesn't understand the idea of supporting a young QB - and is being dogmatic to his value approach. 

Missing the idea that there's inherent value in growing your QB.

• Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So Carolina wants Watson at all costs, and they can give them future picks plus good young players ala (Brown, Chinn, MCaffery) BUT they cannot give them what Houston holds out for that being Houstons choice of QBS in this draft. (Wilson  or Fields)

This is where the Jets come in with the #2 pick.

How can we make a three team deal or would it be impossible for carolina to go up to #2 and have stuff houston wants?

I propose.........Carolina and Texans will have to agree on picks, mostly future #1's, and players. From our standpoint, We trade them #2 for #8 and #39 this year, a 3rd next year, and Brian Burns.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

That Coastal Carolina game he was under a good deal of pressure, got hit a lot, and still played well. And that was considered his 'bad' game.

The more I read, listen and watch about the kid, the more I'm open to drafting him.

I always like your takes, if you watch the Coastal Carolina game, I'd be interested in what you think. 

Not gonna name drop, but I talked to a coach from Coastal about that game and Wilson earlier in the year and he said "kids a rock solid stud", There was more to the conversation but for the few minutes we talked about Wilson he came off as very impressed. 

• Upvote 3

Doesnt it just feel like the Jets are gonna enter the season with another mediocre (at best) Oline and the leagues worst group of receieivers and running backs? 

Instead of chasing another defensive player in free agency, get another receiver or two. Also, how about a real tight end? 

This is 2021. It's ok to have 4 really good receievers/tight ends. The Chiefs have about 5 receivers better than anyone on our roster right now. Ditto, the Bucs. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

4 minutes ago, Barton said:

Doesnt it just feel like the Jets are gonna enter the season with another mediocre (at best) Oline and the leagues worst group of receieivers and running backs? 

Instead of chasing another defensive player in free agency, get another receiver or two. Also, how about a real tight end? 

This is 2021. It's ok to have 4 really good receievers/tight ends. The Chiefs have about 5 receivers better than anyone on our roster right now. Ditto, the Bucs. 

Agree Corey Davis was a nice addition but not a fix. 

Add Ju-Ju to the mix and the NY Jets have a solid WR corps. 

Ju-Ju,Davis,Mims,Crowder,Perriman (un-signed) or V.Smith or J.Smith plus a rookie top draft pick 

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This is my concern right now....That JD is like Mac in that he doesn't understand the idea of supporting a young QB - and is being dogmatic to his value approach. 

Missing the idea that there's inherent value in growing your QB.

Eh Idt Joe D is cheap he used his 2nd rounder on Mims and just gave Corey Davis a 3/37.5 mil deal. I don’t think he’s done either we still rank among the top of the league in cap space. I think if Juju can be had for 10-12 mil a year especially on a 1yr they will sign him or at least offer. If you could cut Crowder and pay a mil or two for Juju why wouldn’t you get the younger better player? 

• Upvote 1