2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

If the Jets are taking a QB at #2 they need to be much more aggressive in FA because they're realistically only finding 2 immediate starters (maybe 3) in the Draft after using that #2 on a QB.  But if they're rolling with Darnold then part of me understands slow rolling FA a bit more.  The trade down from #2 would result in more Draft picks to fill the roster and potentially add a 1st next year as well to give the Jets some QB optionality in 2022.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cbucco19 said:

U can’t trade 2024 1sts until the draft starts 

Pretty sure you’re allowed to trade picks up to 4 years in advance, and once the clock starts you can trade picks in the “5th” year

Either way, the teams would agree on the trade and make it official once Jacksonville is on the clock if the rule is in fact 3 and the agreement required 4 1sts 

1 hour ago, GreekJet said:

Seriously 

It’s like giving the ad agency a budget of $100MM to market your brand only to have them spend $30MM, give you back $70MM and still take their fee. 

I typically only get one opportunity to downvote a dumb post, lol. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

If the Jets are taking a QB at #2 they need to be much more aggressive in FA because they're realistically only finding 2 immediate starters (maybe 3) in the Draft after using that #2 on a QB.  But if they're rolling with Darnold then part of me understands slow rolling FA a bit more.  The trade down from #2 would result in more Draft picks to fill the roster and potentially add a 1st next year as well to give the Jets some QB optionality in 2022.

Literally repeating the same mistakes.

And round and round we go.

25 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

The disagreement is likely to take less (LaFleur/Saleh) hold on to Sam (Douglas)

BTW just watched the latest interview with Zack Wilson and I am really starting to think he is going to JAX. He talks about it a lot actually.

Also says he is not going to run at Pro Day but would run 4.58 to 4.62

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Just now, Irish Jet said:

Literally repeating the same mistakes.

And round and round we go.

I'm not saying I agree with the approach.  I'm just trying to read the tea leaves of how a GM who only upgrades a few spots in FA with so many roster needs plans to field an improved team IF he's using his best Draft pick to replace his QB.

I'm truly hoping this all becomes much clearer in the coming week.

1 minute ago, freestater said:

Jesus christ. I can't listen to 4 hours of these two blowing Dimples McTwink one more time. Can you summarize? 

Zack about to go back to Utah for Pro Day

Said teams will want to confirm his measurables and see him throw, see how the ball explodes off his hands.

Zack will throw to some of the guys on his former BYU team

Zack will not run at the Pro Day but would have at the combine, does not want to tweak a hamstring and not be able to throw. Says he would run 4.58 to 4.62 FAT

Was measured as super explosive on the 1800 machine, has great quickness in 4 yards but then people catch up to him, said he will be 10 yards and slide guy

Admitted that JAX sent him the playbook and was first and no has others.

Said the interview process was designed to push you past your limit and see how you react.

JAX tested him on the playbook 24 hours after receiving it, and asked him to chart completely 30 plays. Also asked about plays that were not in the playbook to test him and he had to use his QB knowledge to answer

Is learning the different terminologies but said most of the concepts are the same.

Said he would separate himself in the NFL through film study and work ethic

NFL football taking a while to get used to but likes it better than college ball. Described it as "rounder"

Said he would be a Tesla if he was a car.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

As opposed to someone like Cimini?

Yes. Cimini can be an ass but I trust his work over 30 yrs to a 20 yr old throwing crap out trying to make a name for himself.  

Seriously, how would he know not only what Saleh and LaFluer know but what Joe D, CJ and Woody Johnson are saying?

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Douglas trying to win the Superbowl with $50m to spare just to swag on the rest of the league it seems.

Sign some f*cking talent. 

image.jpeg

One thing that Jets' money does allow is the absorption of a bad contract for a very good player from a Cap-strapped team.  I don't have any names in mind but thinking to the Lions today trading a 2023 (you read that right!) 7th round draft pick for Brockers lets you know some teams are looking to unload good players who are expensive.  The Jets have money.... but little talent, and they can swing some late picks around (or a certain QB on the final year of a rookie deal) to try to make it happen.

Maybe something big is brewing with all this silence from the Jets?  I don't know.

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Here is the video. After watching it tell me if you think JAX is doing more than just due dillgence.

point aside, further evidence he'll do really well in interviews.  Its hard not to like the kid, really well spoken, humble, and has some personality to him.  

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Ju-Ju Smith-Schuster has to be on JD's radar. 

Corey Davis and Ju-Ju Smith-Schuster solidify the WR corps here. 

Nah. Draft a WR early in this draft, sign another veteran more like John Brown, Mims and Criwder and you’ve got a full room

• Upvote 1