2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

3 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Yes. Cimini can be an ass but I trust his work over 30 yrs to a 20 yr old throwing crap out trying to make a name for himself.  

Seriously, how would he know not only what Saleh and LaFluer know but what Joe D, CJ and Woody Johnson are saying?

Wait...  you may be right.

I thought I knew for sure Raj was smart and had boned Penny.

But a Google search just revealed...

Raj asks Penny out on a date, but Penny tells him that having sex with him was a mistake and that she wishes to just remain friends. Raj reveals that the previous night, he had trouble putting the condom on and ejaculated prematurely; the two did not actually have sex.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

One thing that Jets' money does allow is the absorption of a bad contract for a very good player from a Cap-strapped team.  I don't have any names in mind but thinking to the Lions today trading a 2023 (you read that right!) 7th round draft pick for Brockers lets you know some teams are looking to unload good players who are expensive.  The Jets have money.... but little talent, and they can swing some late picks around (or a certain QB on the final year of a rookie deal) to try to make it happen.

Maybe something big is brewing with all this silence from the Jets?  I don't know.

Yeah was kinda hoping maybe a Lattimore becomes available because of how cash strapped the Saints  are 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I'm not saying I agree with the approach.  I'm just trying to read the tea leaves of how a GM who only upgrades a few spots in FA with so many roster needs plans to field an improved team IF he's using his best Draft pick to replace his QB.

I'm truly hoping this all becomes much clearer in the coming week.

This build through the draft crap is nonsense. The draft is highly unpredictable. You want to close as many needs in free agency as you can so you can pick BPA in the draft. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

50 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Raj, as much as I think he is a funny dude, literally photoshopped an NFL shield next to his normal picture and pretended that he has information while other people sarcastically pumped him up.

Pretty sure this whole thing is a troll job.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Aright I’m sorry, wtf are we doing here? 

Do we want to field an offense that scores points? Or we hoping Jeff fn Smith takes the next step? 

There’s a plethora of proven young WRs available and we’re here pinching pennies sitting on a mound of cash. 

Good lord. 

Yeah especially if we draft a Qb I don’t want another Sam situation..

Give him as many weapons as posisble early on so we know what we have 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Raj, as much as I think he is a funny dude, literally photoshopped an NFL shield next to his normal picture and pretended that he has information while other people sarcastically pumped him up.

Pretty sure this whole thing is a troll job.

Now ya tell me.

• Haha 1

Samuel is a decent player. The Jets suck at the skill positions which would make him an immediate upgrade but then again you'd hope to have a better player than Samuel at receiver. Maybe the Jets wont putz around this year picking safeties and backup QB's in the middle rounds this season.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

Samuel is a decent player. The Jets suck at the skill positions which would make him an immediate upgrade but then again you'd hope to have a better player than Samuel at receiver. Maybe the Jets wont putz around this year picking safeties and backup QB's in the middle rounds this season.

The NY Jets seem to think they can win with underachieving position players year after year. 

This team lacks overall talent on both sides of the ball. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

So what he danced pre-game a few times. 

Young energetic kid with swagger. 

He wasn't the reason they lost in the playoffs. 

If Pittsburg is saying goodbye it was probably more than that. Wasnt he tic tocking during games?

Just now, jetstream23 said:

Prediction - JuJu ends up back in Pittsburgh for 4 years/$45M, structured in a way that makes it absorbable for Pitt in Year 1.

PITTSBURGH -- JuJu Smith-Schuster has begun telling teammates he won't be returning to the Pittsburgh Steelers, according to NFL Network's Mike Garafalo. ... The former second-round draft pick accumulated 308 receptions, 3,726 yards and 26 touchdowns in four years with the Steelers.2 days ago

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Where are you going to Draft a WR this year when you need those picks for QB, OG, TE, CB, LB and Edge?

The goal is to not repeat with the QB you draft  what happened with Darnold and his lack of help for three years.

This is a rebuild you weren’t gonna fill every hole this year anyway.

Concentrate on helping the Qb out 

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Given what we've done so far in FA we might need to pick 5 guys in the Top 10.

Yeah, I’m sick to my stomach about how we basically haven’t moved an inch in two days. Feel like there should be a bit more motivation to turnover a 2-14 roster with a new coach. Tiresome ass franchise. Where’s the urgency?? You don’t have to make ridiculous & desperate decisions but I need some urgency.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, freestater said:

Joe! Joe! Stick with the plan! 3-13 this year, 4-12 the next. We're gonna be a playoff team by the time we've colonized Mars! Just you wait!

Woody will sell the team to the Great Kazoo a longtime Mars native and the team will move there. 

Mars Jets 

The uniform change was an underlying hint of a deal already in place. 

image.thumb.png.01cbf13bede7f0533f7133da37c0ef53.png

• Haha 1

Crowder:  I think a top 15 slot guy

Mims:  2nd year player who has promise

Davis:  a pretty good WR supposedly only getting better.

With the Jets having as many roster holes as they do, does it make sense to dedicate another 10+ million on a 4th WR?

I mean yeah I'd love to, but then whose snap count suffers?  The guys making 12 million per, or the 2nd year guy who needs the reps?

Maybe JD think the base WR corps is set, and draft another to develop for obviously much less money.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

PITTSBURGH -- JuJu Smith-Schuster has begun telling teammates he won't be returning to the Pittsburgh Steelers, according to NFL Network's Mike Garafalo. ... The former second-round draft pick accumulated 308 receptions, 3,726 yards and 26 touchdowns in four years with the Steelers.2 days ago

Maybe that's because he anticipated Pittsburgh not being able to meet his price..... not knowing that no other team would meet his price either. 

Just now, Matt39 said:

If Pittsburg is saying goodbye it was probably more than that. Wasnt he tic tocking during games?

Yes. That was a bit over the top - plus the "The Browns is the Browns" comment before playing Cleveland.

I don't mind swagger, especially from athletes. We all get it. Have some fun out there and do what you gotta do to psyche yourself up. Dance when you score a touchdown; play with confidence and aggressiveness. I'd do those things too if I had that talent.

But when you're giving the opposing team clipboard material and generally conducting yourself as a more of a professional wrestler than football player, I'm not really looking for that in my team culture. 

Granted, if he was Randy Moss, I'd make an exception. But Ju Ju is just an above average receiver that's played for a great franchise. 

I hope we don't sign him. 

• Upvote 2