2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

9 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

I know consensus is a no to will fuller, but maybe on a 1 year prove it deal? We need playmakers. 

I get it, but after letting Robby walk, bringing in a MORE injury prone Anderson would drive me nuts. There are a handful of WR worth drafting. Just go that route. We need a FA corner bad. If we sign only one guy, I want Richard Sherman. He was talking up Saleh all winter long. Pay the man.

4 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

I know consensus is a no to will fuller, but maybe on a 1 year prove it deal? We need playmakers. 

Absolutely. I don't see why anyone would say no to a guy like this to a 1-year deal. 

I love Crowder, but at the end of the day he's replaceable asset with 1-year remaining on an unguaranteed deal, and the receiver class is LOADED with slot types. Unless the Jets can extend him to a new team friendly 3-year, $21 million deal, I don't see why the Jets should feel compelled to keep him if they can add an explosive player like Fuller.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

One played next to Antonio Brown for the first two years of his 4 year career, along with Big Ben throwing him the ball, and the other was the primary option for Alex Smith, Haskins, and Sam Darnold.

Better yet, looking at those numbers again, Crowder’s numbers are better on only 50 more catches.

Thank you for making my point for me.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, extmenace said:

What if JD trades the number two pick and lands 2 or 3 more first rounders and a couple of seconds. He builds a talented team and then drafts a legit franchise qb next year, all while Wilson and fields struggle? You can play the what if games all you want but some of you guys are acting like Wilson / fields are can’t miss guys. Go look at the last 10 drafts and all the first round qb’s selected. I don’t know the exact percentage but I’d be willing to bet that the hit rate is in the 10-15 percent range. This team stinks. The Jets have a very rare opportunity to pull off an RGIII type of deal. There are 3-4 first round qb’s in almost every draft. With two first rounders in next years draft with the possibility of having 3, the Jets will have every opportunity to get their guy next year al while having a much better supporting cast in the likely event that Sam busts. This is not a do or die year to get a qb, not with the amount of holes this team currently has.

Where did all those draft picks get the Rams? Go look up what those picks became. The QB is the most important piece and picking 2 overall is a rare chance to get your pick of a guy in a draft with 4 legit top 10 prospects. 

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Pittsburgh loaded with talent at WR Johnson Washington Claypool last season also hurt his stats. 

Joe.  He caught 97 passes and was targeted over 100 times.  Those guys didn’t hurt sh*t.  His lack of explosive ability did.

He’s a decent slot receiver, which we already have.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, extmenace said:

So it’s impossible for him to build a great roster and hit on a QB next year? This is the only chance the Jets will ever have at drafting a first round qb? Got it.

Next year’s QB class doesn’t even compare to this one. We must find our franchise QB. Wilson, Fields, Jones, Lance: ONE of them will be really good, I would assume. Who? That’s not my job. That’s why JD makes millions. This decision will impact us for a very long time. 

This is something that 90% of the fans will oppose but I’m in favor of keeping Sam AND drafting Wilson. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Whoever the QB winds up being, Sam, Wilson or Watson, this team needs to start looking into some OL.

I don't think there's anything left in free agency worthwhile.  Right?

Draft or trade I think are the only options. 

9 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

He’s doing a great job accumulating cap space and draft picks for the next GM to use. That’s what is going to happen if the team doesn’t start winning games. 

He's got a 6 year contract and on year 2. He's not going anywhere.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

The strangest thing for me is how Douglas seems like he’s going to run the same O line out there again this year. I can see the D being coached up. I don’t have any faith in  that group 

We’re gonna run it back with the same group. Prob a rookie or veteran replacing just Lewis at LG. 

Greatttttt

We've all said it before. He cut his teeth in the Ozzie Newsome front office and worked with Howie Roseman. He's gonna live or die by his drafting. I was hoping he'd make a few splashes, but clearly that's not his thing. He'd better destroy this draft.

• Upvote 1