2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

25 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Better yet, looking at those numbers again, Crowder’s numbers are better on only 50 more catches.

Thank you for making my point for me.

Crowder 6 year career 2 more years than Ju-Ju. 

Only 434 more yards 50 more receptions equal TD's. 

Ju-Ju 2 less seasons tied in TD's 

3 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

I don't disagree, but perhaps we should aim for better authority on the subject than someone with the Twitter handle : Hudson Valley School Closing Predictions

Yeah, but those predictions have never been wrong!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetlife33 said:

There are a ton of corners still available 

See that was my hope. Saleh has been talking about culture. For a young team that lacks talent, culture doesn't come cheap. You need vets who can sell your message and be the example. There are a handful of guys who would fit like a glove there. Sherman is high on that list, but there are a few others. Can't fill every hole in the draft.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Jetlife33 said:

There’s literally not even a single rumor out there right now. I’m gonna TRY and step away for a bit boys I’m losing my mind haha hopefully I jinx it and we get a big fish 

THANKS for you you've done the last few days here. 

Im frustrated just like you are. 

joewilly12 

7 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

When it comes to Watson there was zero chance he was coming here.  We have holes all over the roster so trading 3-4 first round picks plus other assets really made no sense 

Except it was never going to take 3-4 first round picks from the Jets since the Jets #2 overall is worth 3 first round picks from teams drafting later in the first. People need to really learn the value of draft picks and not just assume that all picks in each round are worth the same.

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

You don’t have to make ridiculous & desperate decisions but I need some urgency.

I want us to be smart and careful.  Like the Steelers.  We had to add a WR and some players for the new 4-3.  We did that.  The team is loaded with young players.  Let's play them and not stifle them with yesterday's stuff. 

We need to build the offensive line and add some more pieces for the 4-3 in the draft.  If we can make some reasonable veteran signings that do not threaten to leave us with dead money, I am all for it.  How about Richard Sherman on a two year deal to teach our roster full of young players.  That sort of thing.  

As for replacing Sam and other players who will be in the league for years at the cost of our rebuilding material, I just do not see it.  

I did not expect to see anything today unless it is like the Brockers deal.   

I want a nice boring rebuild.  So far, that is what I see.  Good job.

The insider stuff for Zach Wilson scares me.  Yeah.  Let's take a mountain west QB with a history of shoulder injuries who is rich as Croesus.  Please God no.   It is the very definition of a ridiculous and desperate decision prodded by urgency.  We were 2-14.  I am hoping for 7-9 and some exciting football. 

11 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Not a good look. But he also isn’t wrong. Douglas has been cheap. 

He is and he isn’t.  It’s also clear that he hasn’t had a legitimate pulse on this team once Maccagnan was fired. 

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

And again, HOF QB and HOF WR next to him. If your argument is that Crowder is better than him in every category except TDs, it’s a very poor argument considering what Crowder has had to deal with.

3 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

There’s literally not even a single rumor out there right now. I’m gonna TRY and step away for a bit boys I’m losing my mind haha hopefully I jinx it and we get a big fish 

Thanks for all you've done this week man. Mucho appreciato

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, clayton163v said:

The insider stuff for Zach Wilson scares me.  Yeah.  Let's take a mountain west QB with a history of shoulder injuries who is rich as Croesus.  Please God no.   It is the very definition of a ridiculous and desperate decision prodded by urgency.  We were 2-14.  I am hoping for 7-9 and some exciting football. 

You lost me here^

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Mogglez said:

And again, HOF QB and HOF WR next to him. If you’re argument is that Crowder is better than him in every category except TDs, it’s a very poor argument considering what Crowder has had to deal with.

I like Crowder he's played well here. 

In my opinion Ju-Ju is an upgrade. 

Thats all. 

:cheers:

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Who has been throwing to each of them, what has been the offensive schemes, and who have the other receivers been to spread out the opposing defenses? I think Crowder will do much more with a better offense around him, a better game plan, and a better QB. No need to overpay for JuJu and cut the only productive offensive player we've had over the past couple of years. Not a knock on Juju.

I just don't understand the rush to cut him to save cap space when we have space now, and we'd have to spend more to replace him.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

We've all said it before. He cut his teeth in the Ozzie Newsome front office and worked with Howie Roseman. He's gonna live or die by his drafting. I was hoping he'd make a few splashes, but clearly that's not his thing. He'd better destroy this draft.

So glad we had all this CAP $ in a year supposedly going to rip the heart out of teams and leaving the prudent teams (Jets) Feasting on talent. Instead teams game the system (Saints, KC etc) and throw crazy money around cause there’s big money coming next year. Did JD see that coming

12 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:
  • Sympathy 2

7 minutes ago, football guy said:

I don't think so. Firstly, I do think that the offensive line will improve with better coaching/new scheme. Second, there were really only 2 OL worth going after in FA. They made an offer on Thuney, but Kansas City blew everyone out of the water. I really think they may use him at LT.

The second was Linsley. A person from the team told me there was interest weeks ago. His name was included on their priority board and he was a topic of discussion in a lot of meetings. I don't buy that they simply didn't want him. I figured that he would be around $12.5 million APY. I know the most they're willing to go on guys is 4 years, and I know that Douglas will never put guaranteed money in the 3rd year. I projected him at 4-years, $50 million. I didn't know what the Jets price on him was (apparently around $10m APY), but I figured that for an elite OL they would match the APY. Ultimately they did not. Either way, he wasn't going to be in the cards because there was no way in hell Douglas was paying a 30 year old - who plays in a position group Douglas made a living on at a position that is the most replaceable on the OL - a 5-year deal with that amount of guaranteed money in it.

Did the fan in me want him? Of course. But I can empathize that Joe has principles that he won't break, and making a 30-year old the top paid C in the league on a 5-year contract was a deal-breaker even if the Jets were in the neighborhood. 

Now, Joe is going to look to continue building the OL the way he knows best: through the draft. He may sign an cheap guy who winds up surprisingly winning a starting job, but more likely he'll add 1 or 2 more in the draft and make everyone compete as he looks to continue fostering a pipeline. It won't be perfect and won't be a quick fix, but I don't buy that the Jets can't still significantly upgrade the OL considering the amount of draft picks they have and the amount of talent in this class. The scheme will help mask deficiencies much more than Gase's offense did, and if Darnold is the QB, this will be especially the case considering how many PA roll-outs they will implement (probably the most of any team in the league). 

Aren't they even thinking about people like Gabe Jackson? 

47 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

I listened to the podcast and that's not exactly what he said. Pauline said he spoke to a source who said Douglas doesn't like to enter into "big" contracts, and that as a Ozzie Newsome disciple, believes in building through the draft. Pauline actually said he agreed with the philosophy. And Pauline never said Watson would never go to the Jets. His partner in the podcast, Trey Wingo, said that--not because he had sources that said so, but because he was being a dick as usual (Wingo spent the first half of the show glorifiying Belichick and his awesomeness).

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

5 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Jets fans 2010-2019: “I can’t believe we’re overpaying all these guys in free agency!  What a waste!!!  Fire Tanny! Fire Idzik! Fire Macc!”

Jets fans 2021: “I can’t believe we’re not overpaying all these guys in free agency! What a waste!!! Fire JD!”

??‍♂️

Reminds of the Simpsons when they're arguing about funding the school.

"If we put more money into the school, we'll have to raise taxes."

Crowd: "What? Taxes? No! Boo!"

"It's for your children's futures."

Crowd: "Yeah, our children!"

"But it'll cost you."

Crowd: "Taxes? No!"

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Except it was never going to take 3-4 first round picks from the Jets since the Jets #2 overall is worth 3 first round picks from teams drafting later in the first. People need to really learn the value of draft picks and not just assume that all picks in each round are worth the same.

But the odds of it actually happening is probably slim no?

I feel like one more splash signing would at least put us in a better spot.  As of now we have signed exactly four FAs, none of whom got monster deals and as a result, we are sitting on the largest pile of cap room in the league.  That's great the day before FA starts, but not so great three days after.

Principles are great to have, but you also need to use the money somehow.  Throw a little extra at Golladay and I think that would quiet the critics for the most part.  Maybe bring in Clowney to man the other DE spot for a year.  Maybe roll the dice on Trai Turner to get back to his all-pro form in a new system.  I'm not in love with many of the options remaining at this point, but clearly we can't go into the season with $50M of salary cap unspent.  Or maybe we can, but that would seem to be malpractice on Douglas' part.  

You have to adapt your 'princples' to the conditions around you.  I hope this isn't just self-defeating stubbornness on JD's part.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

I don't disagree, but perhaps we should aim for better authority on the subject than someone with the Twitter handle : Hudson Valley School Closing Predictions

I agree.  This has always been my feeling fir the past few months when this tumor first started