2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

3 minutes ago, heymangold said:

no. he's building through the draft.  darnold + a trade from 2 is his plan.

Well everyone needs to start placing their pitchfork and torches by the door, so all you need to do it put on some running shoes, the day Joe Douglas pulls this bull. 

Angry The Love Witch GIF by Arrow Videoseth meyers burn them at the stake GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

I'll be honest, we've been much, MUCH more quiet than I would have expected, all things considered.  Looking like another year of being materially under the cap.

It's almost like we're being run like a small market team with a poor owner who needs low salary to get the team to profit.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

I'll be honest, we've been much, MUCH more quiet than I would have expected, all things considered.  Looking like another year of being materially under the cap.

It's almost like we're being run like a small market team with a poor owner who needs low salary to get the team to profit.

Or a gm who is finally being graded for what he does and can’t hide behind what blunders the previous gm did, and can’t make a decision on what to do with a qb who he completely overestimated the market for.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Aka the Cincinnati Bengals 

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

Or a gm who is finally being graded for what he does and can’t hide behind what blunders the previous gm did, and can’t make a decision on what to do with a qb who he completely overestimated the market for.

This

8 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Well everyone needs to start placing their pitchfork and torches by the door, so all you need to do it put on some running shoes, the day Joe Douglas pulls this bull. 

Angry The Love Witch GIF by Arrow Videoseth meyers burn them at the stake GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

the way this offseason has gone it's looking more and more like the reality.  he's saving space for 2022 when he's actually looking for a QB when darnold proves he isn't it.

48 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Trade for Watson is unthinkably childish behavior and irresponsible. Even drafting Wilson with the state this team is in doesn't make perfect sense .. though I like the idea. We need to flexi seal this roster first.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

This roster is a hot ass mess.  We actually have enough early picks to begin to fix it

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

23 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

The way he’s doing it isn’t necessarily the wrong way. It’s just the painfully boring slow way fans can’t handle. 

Right now, I hate it. If he actually fills out this roster with talent through the draft then I’ll obviously change my tune

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Warfish said:

We’ve signed two of the biggest names out there. There are 32 teams. Most teams haven’t signed anyone worth a footnote...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, TeddEY said:

This is true, but also, I completely get it.

Drafting Sam Darnold was the last time we had anything to get excited about as a fanbase, and that went about as well as the Hindenberg.  Other than that, our last playoff appearance was 10 years ago.  We were just 2-14.

I honestly can't blame anyone for wanting something... Anything... To be excited about at this point.  Honestly, with the likelihood of us starting the league's worst QB for a 4th consecutive year, and no other big talent influx, what exactly, besides years of misguided loyalty/Stockholm Syndrome, makes anyone want to invest 4 hours, post-pandemic, on a Fall Sunday, in this team?

Which FA would get you excited? 

15 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

This roster is a hot ass mess.  We actually have enough early picks to begin to fix it

If the Jets picked Lewis, Cushenberry or Biadasz and/or Onwenu, it’s much better.  These guys all went to big schools with lots of tape.  Two played next to each other.  JD inherited a mess but he has fallen behind.  

FA misses?  Maybe Conklin.  Kalil as a signing.  Would not say Robbie anymore with a WCO, but maybe. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Jets fans 2011-present: “Why can’t we build through the draft like the good teams?!”

Joe Douglas prudent in free agency and amassing draft picks.

”Why isn’t Joe Douglas signing everyone?!”

I finally have faith in a Jets GM.  Go Joe Go!

• Upvote 4

46 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

That Samuel deal looks really fair, less money than Davis?  Guess he didn’t want to play here.  Can’t blame him though.  

This was a miss.  We should have signed him and not worried about drafting one. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Which FA would get you excited? 

I think it would have been dumb to pay both of those lineman everyone wanted.

That having been said, I would have at least felt good about the line.

Then, trade Darnold, and it would have given me a reason to feel better about next year.

2 minutes ago, varjet said:

You ever think about that he might not have wanted to play here.  If you want to vacation in Hawaii, but its cheaper to go to Detroit, would you go to Detroit to vacation?  Joe might of thrown more money.,  Who knows.  Get over it.

3 minutes ago, varjet said:

so what if he didn't want to come here?  should Joe D go into meeting strapped and make them sign or else

7 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

This is true, but also, I completely get it.

Drafting Sam Darnold was the last time we had anything to get excited about as a fanbase, and that went about as well as the Hindenberg.  Other than that, our last playoff appearance was 10 years ago.  We were just 2-14.

I honestly can't blame anyone for wanting something... Anything... To be excited about at this point.  Honestly, with the likelihood of us starting the league's worst QB for a 4th consecutive year, and no other big talent influx, what exactly, besides years of misguided loyalty/Stockholm Syndrome, makes anyone want to invest 4 hours, post-pandemic, on a Fall Sunday, in this team?

I gotta say I agree with your take. But I think we all need to look no further than teams like Buffalo, KC, Baltimore, etc that have built their way up through the draft, used free agency judiciously, and make big moves when they are some of the final pieces (like Buffalo trading for Diggs).

• Upvote 3