2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

6 minutes ago, derp said:

Lindsay would be a nice mix of practical signing and fun for the sign everyone crowd.

To be fair I felt the same way about Samuel. But I think vet RB’s are one of the few things undervalued in FA and maybe that’s enough for Douglas.

Will Lindsay be 26 next season like the other signings?

27. Too old!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

So the cap strapped Giants are making more moves than the Jets. That’ll go well with the NY radio talk shows.

um, other than re-signing their own players, i believe all the giants have done in FA is odenigbo on a 1-year deal.  and they are in "discussions" with golladay.

on edit - they also sign booker and ross.  meh

42 minutes ago, football guy said:

In all fairness, I think the majority of frequent posters on here understand this. The contention seems to be more about wanting Joe to be a little more flexible in his approach. I can understand that, but I can also understand why he isn't. 

The good news is that the Jets are far from done. They're going to add another EDGE (if not 2), a DL, another LB, 1-2 CBs, a S, a RB, OL, and possibly a TE and another WR. I'm also very confident they're going to be involved in the trade market. 

What appears to be the case for some teams, such as the Eagles, is that they've found a way to just get under the cap and are waiting to get fair offers before trading guys to create more room. The issue they're going to run into is there comes a point where they have to sign people and inevitably will have to shed salary in order to accommodate for the draft class. Teams know that Howie's between a rock and a hard place, so what's the point of meeting their demands on players they have available (see Ertz)? Eventually, Ertz will be moved/cut and something will happen with Barnett (whether it be extended, restructured, or traded). 

The Rams are another team to watch for, as I have very good reason to believe they'll be trading a few guys. Kenny Young is the guy whose been linked to the Jets. 

A lot of fans are very impatient and based off of rumors that are implanted in our minds, they expect things to happen quickly.  If they don't then its bash JD time with what the hell is he doing mantra.  Its absurd to think that  JD is just hanging around the office  doing nothing and watching all these players sign.  There is a lot of work put into scouting and planning for free agency.  He is directed with rebuilding this team and in that scenario, big ticket guys is really not the way to go.   Hey, I'm a fan.  I wanted Thuney, Williams, Galloday etc. but in a rebuild it takes a lot more than some high priced player.   Signing any of those guys to big contracts still leaves us as the 4th best team in the division.  Lets work through the draft and get these good system players that we have been signing.   We are trending in the right direction but it will take time.

I am not knocking anyone who is over anxious for a signing.  I also sit all day listening to the tv and monitoring these boards and my phone for updates.  Its a natural reaction to let out a sigh or curse when a player signs somewhere else.  I wouldn't be surprised  if the next signing to happen is some 3rd string back up to the depth chart that will infuriate us who crave for exciting news.    In the meantime....SIGN someone!!! lol  

• Upvote 2

Here’s the Jets Free Agent “Bargain”. Go back and find the video of Phillip Lindsey’s first year with the Broncos. You will see a smaller sized, quick footed change of pace RB, More importantly, watch the story of his father who is a Denver Bus Driver.
See how he fell betrayed by the Broncos because they told this Colorado player that they would Draft him. And they didn’t. Instead he signed on as an updrafts Free Agent. You’ll see a young man with “Character” that he lived modestly in his parents basement to help them financially and that’s really all he could afford.
Since watching his story, he is another player that I follow and generally draft each year on my Many Fantasy Teams. I will tell you that he is “Way Better than Any RB” currently on our roster.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

And if there isn’t anyone in the Jets front office that does not agree, then I question what they do look at when Evaluating Talent. And , I would question Joe Douglas as just another overhyped GM. Especially, if you join in on the Con Job of keeping Sam Darnold and trading down. I have nothing against Sam as a person. But, after watching him for 3 years, the obvious assessment is that he was overdrafted and it’s time to trade him. Given him a chance to reset on another Team.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

9 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Most important contributing factor, and only lends to my point.  This team doesn’t need to build with their CAP space like the predecessors tried to do, they need to build through the draft.

WAIT!  So what you are REALLY trying to say is, that it works better to hit about 50 percent of your draft (upper tier in the NFL), sign fewer long term, bloated free agency contracts, and fill your roster with mid-level, one-year talent year after year to be a perennial contender? 

I can understand why Jets fans won't buy into that.  I mean, how do you win the Free Agency Super Bowl every year?

• Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Lindsay is a really good runner but an awful blocker and not much of a pass catcher.

not sure what happened last year, but he caught 35 passes in each of his first two seasons.  that is more than any jets except crowder and berrios last year (ok, not saying much on the jets end)

6 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

not sure what happened last year, but he caught 35 passes in each of his first two seasons.  that is more than any jets except crowder and berrios last year (ok, not saying much on the jets end)

35 is not too much for a RB nowadays. Most RBs get their pass looks on 3rd down, and he won't be on the field on 3rd down because he can't block.

2 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

35 is not too much for a RB nowadays. Most RBs get their pass looks on 3rd down, and he won't be on the field on 3rd down because he can't block.

he's not a league leader, but it's different than saying he's not much of a pass catcher.  in 2019 he was 28th in RB receptions in in 2018 he was 24th.  meaning he can add some value in the passing game

13 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

The pats get Van Noy back. @GREENBEAN

Thats the one that finally got me. These Pats have a plan to man handle the slighter and quicker league. 

It sucks that I hate the Pats so much. They often do things the way I would.  4 new TE's and running 13 personnel  all; day.  BIG OL nd BIG RB and let the NFL just try to stop us.  They make me nervous.

• Upvote 3