2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

3 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Thats the one that finally got me. These Pats have a plan to man handle the slighter and quicker league. 

It sucks that I hate the Pats so much. They often do things the way I would.  4 new TE's and running 13 personnel  all; day.  BIG OL nd BIG RB and let the NFL just try to stop us.  They make me nervous.

Not to mention a QB that can still run a LB over when he chooses to.

Edit:  though so can Sam as he proved last year.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

It sucks that I hate the Pats so much. They often do things the way I would.  4 new TE's and running 13 personnel  all; day.  BIG OL nd BIG RB and let the NFL just try to stop us.  They make me nervous.

Put your BIG Boy pants on and man up!!

Bob's Big Boy - Weird California

1 minute ago, mrcoops said:

Having JuJu as the slot, with Davis and Mims outside, would really give us a credible receiving unit.

I love Crowder, but getting JuJu in as that big slot would be delicious.

If we can cut one of the guards, and keep Crowder, I'd be down to do this. Keeps Crowder fresh and makes us strong in 4WR sets (something the league has been moving towards).

• Upvote 2

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

I don’t love the move but I guess I wouldn’t HATE it either. We need more help. I’ve been cryin over a new move for two days lol. We’ll see how it works out if he does sign here.

Don't love JuJu, but guys, we need talent.  Just sign more offensive weapons.  Trade for Ertz.  Just load it up.

5 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Putting on my tin foil hat, I’d guess if JuJu signs here it’s to take Crowder’s job in the slot. If Crowder and his $11M gets cut or traded, there goes Sam’s security blanket...which means Sam is probably gone as well.

2 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Having JuJu as the slot, with Davis and Mims outside, would really give us a credible receiving unit.

I love Crowder, but getting JuJu in as that big slot would be delicious.

Weren't juju's better years NOT in the slot?

15 hours ago, SR24 said:

Eh Idt Joe D is cheap he used his 2nd rounder on Mims and just gave Corey Davis a 3/37.5 mil deal. I don’t think he’s done either we still rank among the top of the league in cap space. I think if Juju can be had for 10-12 mil a year especially on a 1yr they will sign him or at least offer. If you could cut Crowder and pay a mil or two for Juju why wouldn’t you get the younger better player? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mike135 said:

Weren't juju's better years NOT in the slot?

Juju's best year was when he was playing opposite of Antonio Brown on the outside. Once he was the main target, things didn't go as well and it looks like the steelers moved him into the slot.  Juju is a nice weapon but in my opinion, he is a middle of the pack WR2 than can catch the ball with little play making ability after the catch.

Juju would be a nice addition IMO.  More versatility than Crowder since Juju can line up outside and still be somewhat productive.  Crowder is simplu a slot guy.  Still, I would probably keep both *assuming we add Juju), depth is something we have been lacking in recent years.

• Upvote 2

Let me just start off by saying that I was on the stay away from Juju train all year. However, I think he’s going to be drastically cheaper than I originally thought. If we can get him, I’ll love our trio of Davis-Mims-Juju. 

That is pretty appealing for a 25 year old QB that lives in Houston and wants a change. Just saying. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, extmenace said:

Juju's best year was when he was playing opposite of Antonio Brown on the outside. Once he was the main target, things didn't go as well and it looks like the steelers moved him into the slot.  Juju is a nice weapon but in my opinion, he is a middle of the pack WR2 than can catch the ball with little play making ability after the catch.

That's my concern signing JuJu.  

Crowder is really good.  I see him staying in the slot.  

So JuJu would steal snaps from Mims.

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

Juju would be a nice addition IMO.  More versatility than Crowder since Juju can line up outside and still be somewhat productive.  Crowder is simplu a slot guy.  Still, I would probably keep both *assuming we add Juju), depth is something we have been lacking in recent years.

This is what I’m worried about. One of the starters goes down and we’re back to Braxton Berrios. They still need one more even if they do go juju. They can draft the reserves for all I care, Jeff Smith don’t get it done on game day when he has to step into a major role.