2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

i don't hate sam.  i never did.  i just don't think he's the guy.  that being said, if the plan is to keep him - then you have to add playmakers.  Carson/Lindsay are a must, Juju would be much welcomed.  don't know who's available at TE but at 23 or 34 you can get Friermuth from PSU.  load it up for the guy and hope for the best i guess.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

This is what I’m worried about. One of the starters goes down and we’re back to Braxton Berrios. They still need one more even if they do go juju. They can draft the reserves for all I care, Jeff Smith don’t get it done on game day when he has to step into a major role. 

I agree.  Adding Davis and Juju to Crowder/Mims would pput us in a much better position than we were last year.  I would still hope we add a receiver in the draft but at least we would not need to count on a rookie to come in and be a starter from day 1.  Nice to be able to allow a rook to develop a bit.

• Upvote 1

JuJu Smith-Schuster Jets

JuJu may not be the no-doubt No. 1 wide receiver he looked like at the beginning of his career, but he'd be an excellent fit in New York. 

Standout rookie WR Denzel Mims does his best work downfield, boasting an average depth of target (aDOT) of 15.3 in 2020. 

On the other hand, JuJu is more a physical, possession receiver who shines on shorter, intermediate routes. He posted an aDOT of 5.5 yards last year, which was the sixth-lowest mark among all qualified WRs.

With some speculating that Jamison Crowder could be released this offseason, the Jets might need to find a suitable replacement out of the slot. There just aren't many better options to fill that void than JuJu. A whopping 82.2% of JuJu's routes run came out of the slot in 2020, which led all qualified players at the position. 

Still just 24 years old, JuJu might be the best slot WR available in free agency, and he's a much better fit with this young team's timeline than the 27-year-old Crowder. 

He'd be an excellent addition to this offense, regardless of who's under center next year.

1 minute ago, Jetlife33 said:

JuJu Smith-Schuster makes it clear he won’t be back in Pittsburgh

Posted by Mike Florio on March 11, 2021, 6:19 PM EST

USATSI_15346883-e1608603237992.jpg?w=560
USA TODAY Sports

Receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster has said he’d like to spend his career in Pittsburgh. The Steelers have made it fairly clear that the relationship won’t be continuing. Smith-Schuster apparently has gotten the message.

If we’re talking a set of WRs in Davis/Mims/Crowder/JuJu and we make a late round trade for Ertz, that would give us a very talented set of pass catchers heading into the draft.

Say we pick a new QB and draft a guard at 23? This offense would have potential to be very good, especially in comparison to what we’ve seen the last decade. RB would be the only need remaining and perhaps a good one slips to 34. Lindsay would flourish in this system too

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

The JuJu talk is fun.  But we have a long time 'til sunset when JD wakes up.

Fyi, to help pass the time, that 4 hour long Snyder Cut of Justice League is out there.  Pretty good reviews. 

I was considering 12 hour LOTR Extended 4K Viewing to wait for the big man.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

JuJu Smith-Schuster Jets

JuJu may not be the no-doubt No. 1 wide receiver he looked like at the beginning of his career, but he'd be an excellent fit in New York. 

Standout rookie WR Denzel Mims does his best work downfield, boasting an average depth of target (aDOT) of 15.3 in 2020. 

On the other hand, JuJu is more a physical, possession receiver who shines on shorter, intermediate routes. He posted an aDOT of 5.5 yards last year, which was the sixth-lowest mark among all qualified WRs.

With some speculating that Jamison Crowder could be released this offseason, the Jets might need to find a suitable replacement out of the slot. There just aren't many better options to fill that void than JuJu. A whopping 82.2% of JuJu's routes run came out of the slot in 2020, which led all qualified players at the position. 

Still just 24 years old, JuJu might be the best slot WR available in free agency, and he's a much better fit with this young team's timeline than the 27-year-old Crowder. 

He'd be an excellent addition to this offense, regardless of who's under center next year.

When did 27 become old?  Crowder should have several good years left.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Oh we definitely are. JuJu is telling the Steelers what our final number is and they’ll probably match it if it’s low enough — considering the how dry the WR market is this year, it’s probably low enough.

You think juju likes his role in Pitt?  He's young enough to still sign a massive deal after this one.  

Seems he was the 3rd option last year.  Doesn't bode well for his next deal.

21 minutes ago, heymangold said:

lol bust is a bit strong for FF purposes - he finished as WR16 - basically what he is in real life.  a WR2 on teams. Davis, Juju and Mims is a pretty legit WR group.

i play in an auction league, so i wasted more money than he was worth.  he finished with ok numbers, but was so hit or miss, it was hard to trust him.  too many games of 50 or less yards and no TDs. i had more reliable WRs so he became a bench player and i wound up trading him for depth elsewhere.

edit - also not in a PPR league, so volume receptions are meaningless to me

How much did we hear about Corey Davis before the signing?

How much did we hear about Lawson before his signing?

JD keeps a lockdown on info.  What that tells me is that the JuJu leaks are likely not coming from the Jets and could be being used by JuJu's agent to drive up his price.  Jets have the most money + JuJu not getting signed through the first wave or two of FA = Start fabricating a market.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Icer said:

Would love to see what excuses we could come up with next for Darnold if it plays out this way

I don’t care if we trade for Davante Adams and Tyreek Hill. The Jets are possibly the most QB needy team in the league and are staring at an elite prospect at 2 in a strong QB draft. It would be beyond Jetsy to pass on Wilson and trade down for other players. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Can’t wait to see JuJu go back to Pittsburgh for 10m a season only for us to find out that the Jets had a shot to match it but JD would just not budge from his 9.75mil player valuation 

More likely we offer him 12 million and he goes back to Pittsburgh for 10 million.