2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

3 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Can’t wait to see JuJu go back to Pittsburgh for 10m a season only for us to find out that the Jets had a shot to match it but JD would just not budge from his 9.75mil player valuation 

My guess is he’d take less from Pittsburgh. We’d have to significantly outbid them (not sure I want to go that route).

Just now, PS17 said:

I don’t care if we trade for Davante Adams and Tyreek Hill. The Jets are possibly the most QB needy team in the league and are staring at an elite prospect at 2 in a strong QB draft. It would be beyond Jetsy to pass on Wilson and trade down for other players. 

Not sure I could disagree more.

Wilson elite?  Zach Wilson?  BYU Zach Wilson?

No-name prior to 2020, BYU Zach Wilson?

Ellen?

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

Not sure I could disagree more.

Wilson elite?  Zach Wilson?  BYU Zach Wilson?

No-name prior to 2020, BYU Zach Wilson?

Ellen?

Didn’t Kyler start one year and go #1 overall? What about Joe Burrow? Didn’t he pop out of no where? What about guys who do have an extensive resume? Do they flop too or do they just always do good?

Point is, do not try to guess off how many years someone has done something. You look at HOW they did it when they did it.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Didn’t Kyler start one year and go #1 overall? What about Joe Burrow? Didn’t he pop out of no where? What about guys who do have an extensive resume? Do they flop too or do they just always do good?

Point is, do not try to guess off how many years someone has done something. You look at HOW they did it when they did it.

1 minute ago, PS17 said:

Yes

If we draft the guy, I'll root for him.  I suppose he's a good prospect.

But to say he's an elite prospect is a bit much.  One good covid year in BYU vs crap competition can't be "elite".

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

If we draft the guy, I'll root for him.  I suppose he's a good prospect.

But to say he's an elite prospect is a bit much.  One good covid year in BYU vs crap competition can't be "elite".

You know .. I think that the elevation of Wilson to the HOF come from the over analization of his competition and his headband by the naysayers.

I want WIlson .. but am prepared for Darnold 3.0.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

If we’re talking a set of WRs in Davis/Mims/Crowder/JuJu and we make a late round trade for Ertz, that would give us a very talented set of pass catchers heading into the draft.

Say we pick a new QB and draft a guard at 23? This offense would have potential to be very good, especially in comparison to what we’ve seen the last decade. RB would be the only need remaining and perhaps a good one slips to 34. Lindsay would flourish in this system too

I doubt we'd end up with both JuJu and Crowder, If we bring in Juju Crowder is gone. 

57 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Those teams had historical defenses. If anything, our defense is historical, and I do not mean that in a good way. 

Absolutely. But when they drafted those quarterbacks , they were not planning on historic defenses.  None of those quarterbacks were high , first round picks

You think players ever work out side deals?

Like juju now.  Say he knows he's going back to Pittsburgh.

But JD calls and says, "hey I've got Crowder here making 10 mil, and need him to take a pay cut.  Don't sign with Pitt yet, let me use you to pressure Crowder to take a pay cut and I'll hook you up (somehow)."

Or perhaps a side deal with the agent.  "Let me use your client as leverage for a day or 2, and we'll give your other client a good deal."

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

This post (no offense my good buddy) is clinical in its diagnosis of a Jet-fan's lack of weaponz perspective...

Crowder is not REALLY good. he's a little better than average-run-of-the-mill NFL slot WR. He's good at what he does, and on a team like the 2020 jets who had dick-dick Maclean lining up at X and Z - he looked like Wolverine. 

10/10 times you trade him in for Juju, who is more dynamic in the slot - particularly inside the 10, where crowder fades into nothingness.

??

SIDENOTE -- am I the only one who thinks Juju moves the needle to keep Sam, just a bit?... just a bit?.... I'd be lying if curiosity didn't rear it's head thinking of a zone-blocking scheme with Darnold throwing to Mims/Davis/Juju 

Remember Crowder did well with the "horrible" Darnold throwing to him.

I'm not saying Crowder is a top 5 slot guy, but he is a very good one.  And I believe juju is better outside.  Which is my concern for Mims.

And yeah, definitely I think juju would help keep Sam.  Almost like an apology from the Jets.  "Sorry kid, we destroyed you for 3 years, take your college WR now.  All good?"

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Oh we definitely are. JuJu is telling the Steelers what our final number is and they’ll probably match it if it’s low enough — considering how dry the WR market is this year, it’s probably low enough.

My biggest issue with JuJu is that he's only a high tier WR2. We MUST have an established WR1 to take teams' top corners off JuJu, at least in spots. He hasn't been the same WR since Antonio Brown departed the Steelers. Imo, there's no reason to overpay here. We have seen his ceiling. Unless Mims develops into a top 10 WR, almost no point in signing JuJu. I love his energy and the intangibles he brings, but I'm not sold on him being our savior or answer at WR 

38 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Also could just be a play to get Crowder to take a pay cut.

I'm sure he doesn't want to enter this WR market.

Crowder has been nothing but a Pro.... last year of the deal. What are you going to save? $1.5 m? Don't think that's a good look for a team not willing to take care of their vets. What are we saving all this money for? Woody's Bitcoin investment?

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Crowder has been nothing but a Pro.... last year of the deal. What are you going to save? $1.5 m? Don't think that's a good look for a team not willing to take care of their vets. What are we saving all this money for? Woody's Bitcoin investment?

they would save $10m if they cut him.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Watching Steeler games last year, it definitely looked like juju was the 3rd option.  Which made sense.  Steelers were going with the younger cheap capable guys instead of relying on the guy who was about to need a contract.

So I think Pitt sort of purposely hurt Juju's numbers.  

As an outside WR with Davis on the other side and Crowder in the slot...  I'd expect "good juju" to re-emerge.