2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

7 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Crowder has been nothing but a Pro.... last year of the deal. What are you going to save? $1.5 m? Don't think that's a good look for a team not willing to take care of their vets. What are we saving all this money for? Woody's Bitcoin investment?

Could also spark a new cap friendly deal that extends Crowder a couple years.  He's earned it.

7 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

I agree that Crowder has been underrated, but to say Juju  has been unproductive since Brown left when he caught 97 balls last season seems a bit off.

He averaged 8.6 yards per catch on those 97 catches.  Once Brown left, his production fell off a cliff and he resembled a poor man’s Jarvis Landry.  I’d rather keep Jamison and see what he can do when he’s allowed to be a true slot WR with real talent around him to take the focus off of him.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Watching Steeler games last year, it definitely looked like juju was the 3rd option.  Which made sense.  Steelers were going with the younger cheap capable guys instead of relying on the guy who was about to need a contract.

So I think Pitt sort of purposely hurt Juju's numbers.  

As an outside WR with Davis on the other side and Crowder in the slot...  I'd expect "good juju" to re-emerge.

3rd options aren’t fed 97 catches and over 100 targets.  He just isn’t what he was when Brown was on the team to take the coverage away from him.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

3rd options aren’t fed 97 catches and over 100 targets.  He just isn’t what he was when Brown was on the team to take the coverage away from him.

As a juju fantasy owner, I really watched Pitt a lot.  

I swear they were purposely diminishing his role in favor of the young guys.

The fact he was still able to produce speaks a ton to his ability...  and character. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

AKA BYE TRASHCAN DARNOLD, IF YOU NEED 80 MILLION IN FA AND 20 1st ROUND PICKS TO CARRY, YOU ARE NOT THE GUY! 

BUM ? 

Harsh. 

Jets need to own their part in The tragedy of Darnold. Allen, Baker, etc they’d all look the same under Macc/Gase era 

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

He averaged 8.6 yards per catch on those 97 catches.  Once Brown left, his production fell off a cliff and he resembled a poor man’s Jarvis Landry.  I’d rather keep Jamison and see what he can do when he’s allowed to be a true slot WR with real talent around him to take the focus off of him.

I’d rather average 6’2+ at WR ?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I think you also have to consider Ben’s arm being shot and the Steelers having a poor offensive line. 

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I definitely respect what you are saying, but I also think Juju has more upside than Crowder and I do worry about Crowder's durability a little. 

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Lost of truth here, but where Juju separates from Crowder and would eat real well here is in the red zone and on 3rd downs over the middle. 

No he wont see 90-100 receptions, or have the YAC he had under Brown. But I think he’d be a massive weapon for us in the 2 most critical points of the game (RZ and 3rd down).

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

As a juju fantasy owner, I really watched Pitt a lot.  

I swear they were purposely diminishing his role in favor of the young guys.

The fact he was still able to produce speaks a ton to his ability...  and character. 

Yep. Not enough is made of how the Steelers used their WR groups. On certain weeks they'd have a WR who'd just disappear completely, or gather all the targets, whether it was Juju, Claypool, D Johnson etc. They had a lot of mouths to feed.

Juju had multiple games with 13 targets and multiple games with 5 or 6. 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Paradis said:

This post (no offense my good buddy) is clinical in its diagnosis of a Jet-fan's lack of weaponz perspective...

Crowder is not REALLY good. he's a little better than average-run-of-the-mill NFL slot WR. He's good at what he does, and on a team like the 2020 jets who had dick-dick Maclean lining up at X and Z - he looked like Wolverine. 

10/10 times you trade him in for Juju, who is more dynamic in the slot - particularly inside the 10, where crowder fades into nothingness.

??

SIDENOTE -- am I the only one who thinks Juju moves the needle to keep Sam, just a bit?... just a bit?.... I'd be lying if curiosity didn't rear it's head thinking of a zone-blocking scheme with Darnold throwing to Mims/Davis/Juju 

It wouldn’t be just Mims/Davis/JuJu, potentially you could add Pitts and maybe Rondale to that group, maybe Carter or Javonte running the ball.   It’s a very tempting situation. 

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I’d rather average 6’2+ at WR ?

I think that's actually a very good point. JD seems to like one mold in his receivers so far (Cager, both smiths, Mims, Davis) Size-speed guys. Would be interested if it came down to it if he'd still want to add a Terrace Marshall type or would go for Rondale Moore to get the movement guy.

What I'd hope is he doesn't reach on Rashod Bateman at 23 or something.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

It wouldn’t be just Mims/Davis/JuJu, potentially you could add Pitts and maybe Rondale to that group, maybe Carter or Javonte running the ball.   It’s a very tempting situation. 

If you add Pitts to that trio - I will weep. Like a baby. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

they would save $10m if they cut him.

All of which would go to JuJu and maybe a little more. Players need to know FO will have their backs if they put up good numbers. It needs to make sense to the players if you're looking to build loyalty on both sides (see Ravens & others).