2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

Just now, football guy said:

One of the Jets people I speak to told me he was someone to keep an eye on a few weeks back so I'm guessing there's at least some level of interest. She's gone a little cold since Monday afternoon and I'm trying not to send out back-to-back-to-back texts as I don't want to come off as desperate/still would like to potentially fool around in the sheets if you know what I mean 

giphy.gif

I think he fits the system perfectly, imagining there will be multiple teams interested. 

13 hours ago, football guy said:

It's never just the QB unless that guy's name is Peyton Manning. It takes a lot more to build a team that wins year-in and year-out, and I think Joe believes that unless Zach Wilson is Peyton Manning-esq, he will likely be able to build a better roster by trading #2 and sticking with Darnold than drafting Wilson and trading Darnold. And I adore Wilson. But I can see how the Jets trading #2 with a talent evaluator like Douglas can set the team up for true long-term success like the Ravens have. If Douglas gets a 1st round pick for Darnold that changes everything... you can get an extremely talented under contract for 5 years while still having 3 other top 34 picks. Otherwise, I remain steadfast in what I was told months ago: Douglas wants to build the team around Darnold, and if the coaches are on board, that's what he'll do. I know the coaches are on board so, let's see if Joe changes his mind. 

People forget, Peyton had a HOF wide receiver in Marvin H already on the roster, as well as a HOF running back in Marshal Faulk.  Then, they trade Faulk and got a borderline HOF running back in Edge James.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

If we can't get Pitts, I'd like Brevin Jordan from Miami. Possibly drops to 3rd round. I'd trade up for him if he's there in late 2nd and you think another team will grab him. 

Brevin is terrible. 

7 minutes ago, football guy said:

One of the Jets people I speak to told me he was someone to keep an eye on a few weeks back so I'm guessing there's at least some level of interest. She's gone a little cold since Monday afternoon and I'm trying not to send out back-to-back-to-back texts as I don't want to come off as desperate/still would like to potentially fool around in the sheets if you know what I mean 

giphy.gif

Do what you think is right!!

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

Can someone drive by and check to see if they still have power, phones & internet service @ 1 Jets Drive? Check to make sure there hasn't been a gas leak in the building too while you are at it.

Maybe Woody hasn't paid the bills since he came back?. Wayyyyyyyyy too quiet over there.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I think we over-rate Crowder because he’s the only guy Sam got comfortable/competent with. Other than Robby. Plus, he belongs in a starting lineup.

This makes me wonder what Sam would look like with 2-3 guys he trusts and has chemistry with. That belong in a starting lineup.

Not an endorsement to keep Sam, so much as my hope for different results if we do. 

I feel just the opposite, we under rate Crowder because he played in such  a sh*tty offense and with a putrid set of QB's . If I had to choose between Crowder and Juju I take Crowder , but I know $$ may be the deciding factor. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, football guy said:

To add to this, I also think there exists a scenario where Wilson can become a star QB elsewhere and the Jets come away a competitive team for the next decade-plus for the sole reason that they built around the QB by adding several elite players and elite draft compensation spanning over several years, kickstarting an organizational emphasis to built cheap talent pipelines, team-oriented culture, and competitiveness in order to ensure that "the next man up" is truly capable of being the next man up.

It's never just the QB unless that guy's name is Peyton Manning. It takes a lot more to build a team that wins year-in and year-out, and I think Joe believes that unless Zach Wilson is Peyton Manning-esq, he will likely be able to build a better roster by trading #2 and sticking with Darnold than drafting Wilson and trading Darnold. And I adore Wilson. But I can see how the Jets trading #2 with a talent evaluator like Douglas can set the team up for true long-term success like the Ravens have. If Douglas gets a 1st round pick for Darnold that changes everything... you can get an extremely talented under contract for 5 years while still having 3 other top 34 picks. Otherwise, I remain steadfast in what I was told months ago: Douglas wants to build the team around Darnold, and if the coaches are on board, that's what he'll do. I know the coaches are on board so, let's see if Joe changes his mind. 

As much as I no longer believe in Darnold, I can't lie that the idea of trading back and stocking up on picks seems really tempting.