2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

1 minute ago, GreekJet said:

Exactly. He can get some burn and put up some numbers playing for the dregs of the NFL. Jets are playing a $2.5MM player $5.5MM. 

The sad part is, if Sam is throwing him the rock.. he is going to look even worse than how bad he is getting toasted on the forum. 

3 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

Exactly. He can get some burn and put up some numbers playing for the dregs of the NFL. Jets are playing a $2.5MM player $5.5MM. 

Or...

PFF

Prediction: Two years, $11 million ($5.5M APY): $5 million total guaranteed, $4 million fully guaranteed at signing.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Paradis said:

He debatably gives you more flexibility on offense than Juju.,,, I understand if you haven't heard of him - but trust me when i tell you he could wind up be a crucial signing.

I'm happy because it still gives the Jets flexibility to draft a WR on top of this and still have great depth. We were running out Jeff Smith as a main option at one point last year. So sign me the **** up for WR depth with upside.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, heymangold said:

I honestly thought the “fits the system” talk would be over once there was a real coaching staff in place.  Apparently not. Cole is just another guy that will maybe catch 300 yds or so and a td here and there.  This Feeny guy probably won’t even be on the week 1 roster.

disappointing because I thought JD was going to be aggressive and get some actual talent for the roster in free agency. Forget about Thuney, forget about Linsley. This guy hasn’t done much of anything to improve the roster again, for whomever will be unfortunate enough to be the starting Qb and already starting Saleh off with half a deck of cards. 

ill keep saying it, I’ll stay pessimistic until something else is shown by this team.

So you’re going to sit here and confidently tell me Carl Lawson isn’t better than Tarrel Basham and Corey Davis isn’t better than any WR we had on the roster last year?

If it’s the pace of the offseason you don’t like, I can agree there but let’s not act like we’ve had zero signings. This team is better today and has more time to get better. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Guilhermezmc said:

I'm having a hard time seeing whats the plan here

Depth.

This is what I don't get about JuJu love... He's not a huge upgrade over Crowder.  He's a similar player.  If you sign him, you still need Mims to be the #1 or you need another #1.  Cole is here to be a better Berrios... A better Hogan.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, heymangold said:

I honestly thought the “fits the system” talk would be over once there was a real coaching staff in place.  Apparently not. Cole is just another guy that will maybe catch 300 yds or so and a td here and there.  This Feeny guy probably won’t even be on the week 1 roster.

disappointing because I thought JD was going to be aggressive and get some actual talent for the roster in free agency. Forget about Thuney, forget about Linsley. This guy hasn’t done much of anything to improve the roster again, for whomever will be unfortunate enough to be the starting Qb and already starting Saleh off with half a deck of cards. 

ill keep saying it, I’ll stay pessimistic until something else is shown by this team.

?

We have a real coaching staff and they are being given actaul NFL WR talent, he walks on as the best WR we have last year. Add in Davis Mims and anyone else we pick up Rookie or FA and all of a sudden we not only have WR's but depth of guys that can get open. Not to mention give that coaching staff some guys for Special Teams and just over all upgrade the positon.

What are you talking about?

So you want us to over pay already bloated contacts to sing Thuney and Linsely even those we can draft starters? Every one of his signing has upgraded the team in a place of need helping the new HC set up his system. He has given out good contacts and signed all young up and coming guys.

I mean pessimistic asside but you not even understand what is happening. 

• Upvote 3