2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

42 minutes ago, Paradis said:

this should shut the peanut gallery the fck up.

Jackals. All of you. 

On this board nothing shuts the peanut gallery up. Nothing JD or the team does will ever shut the peanut gallery up. Every move is the wrong move.

Personally, I'm pretty happy with JD's picks so far. Didn't overspend on big names like other teams did, but added some talent. And with 5 picks in the first three rounds, plenty of opportunity to add more talent.

Some of these "fans" think we can win a super bowl this year if we just spent every penny we have in free agency. Ain't gonna happen, but if we build well, in two years or so we might be contenders.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Not sure I understand that move by team Trubitsky. Why not go to a team where there is a possibility of playing and re-establishing yourself as a #1 QB. Seems like a wimp move to get a paycheck. Maybe I am missing something.

I was thinking the same thing.  But it was a good move for the Bills.

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

I;m going to get banned if too many more sh*theads like this throw their uneducated 2 cents in on this one.

I’m not sure what people want exactly. Thuney wasn’t coming here. Maybe you can get linsley but he’s on the wrong side of thirty and Herbert is more promising than what the Jets are rolling out. Beyond that they for Lawson who was one of the better pass rushers out there. Then got a solid WR might be high upside. I want to know outside of thuney who people wanted etc. this team hasn’t had a productive draft class in ages. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

I used to like Connor, but man he has slipped since joining the Athletic.

I dont know much about Cole, so I reached out to some who did.  He said "he catches the ball when it's throw to him and from time to time, he will run with the football in his hands. So things are looking up for the Jets".

There you have it folks!

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Loki757 said:

Sometimes I don’t get this fan base. 

Clearly, JD and this staff are aware what this team needs. Everyone knows. Just because we didn’t land either of the highly prized OLineman doesn’t mean Darnold will be starting, that’s ridiculous. It also doesn’t mean JD is sleeping on the job. You can’t make players play here and you’re not going to land everyone. There are 31 other teams vying for these players services. For each player, the odds are highly stacked against any one team signing them. I personally love the moves we have made so far and I anticipate signing a CB or two as well, and maybe another WR or edge. 

Considering the positions we have landed so far in FA, we will be drafting OLineman. Chill out, everyone. Douglas knows the deal. We know his FA lineman didn’t pan out last year... he knows it, too. He’ll be looking to correct it in the draft. 

What I am hoping we do, and what I really think will be close to what happens, is drafting Wilson and then a couple OLineman with two of our next three picks. We will trade Darnold and have another 2nd round pick to play with as well. Recap - precision for first two rounds is Wilson, two OL, and a CB or edge (depending on how FA plays out).

Jets fans. Chill. We have signed good players and improved the roster, much more than we would have signed without Saleh and JD. we are building a culture here, the right way (finally). We have a lot of holes to fill, but we also have a lot of draft picks and FA options still. We have a respected GM and a coach players want tot play for and be around. We will have a fresh offensive mindset and a renewed energy. RELAX. I promise JD is working the phones and making this team better. If you still feel like this after the 2022 season when he has exhausted the draft picks and cap space he spent 18 months acquiring by deconstructing the egregious roster moves the Jets have made over the past few years, then you can feel free to bash him. 

I feel very confident we are moving in a great direction. 

Sir...this is a Wendy’s. Don’t expect top notch quality

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

if anyone doesnt feel great about what JD has done in FA so far go watch the interviews on the jets website.. You cant not love these kids man, so awesome, so easy to root for these guys.   Love the type of people JD is bringing into this organization. 

I won't feel confident until he spends quality draft capital on the oline.

All these picks go to waste if he doesn't. 

And he's earned no reason to trust him yet.

5 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

if anyone doesnt feel great about what JD has done in FA so far go watch the interviews on the jets website.. You cant not love these kids man, so awesome, so easy to root for these guys.   Love the type of people JD is bringing into this organization. 

That’s all fine and dandy but if they’re gonna suck, doesn’t really matter. 
I do like the personalities though. No divas thus far. 

Just now, Loki757 said:

Sometimes I don’t get this fan base. 

Clearly, JD and this staff are aware what this team needs. Everyone knows. Just because we didn’t land either of the highly prized OLineman doesn’t mean Darnold will be starting, that’s ridiculous. It also doesn’t mean JD is sleeping on the job. You can’t make players play here and you’re not going to land everyone. There are 31 other teams vying for these players services. For each player, the odds are highly stacked against any one team signing them. I personally love the moves we have made so far and I anticipate signing a CB or two as well, and maybe another WR or edge. 

Considering the positions we have landed so far in FA, we will be drafting OLineman. Chill out, everyone. Douglas knows the deal. We know his FA lineman didn’t pan out last year... he knows it, too. He’ll be looking to correct it in the draft. 

What I am hoping we do, and what I really think will be close to what happens, is drafting Wilson and then a couple OLineman with two of our next three picks. We will trade Darnold and have another 2nd round pick to play with as well. Recap - precision for first two rounds is Wilson, two OL, and a CB or edge (depending on how FA plays out).

Jets fans. Chill. We have signed good players and improved the roster, much more than we would have signed without Saleh and JD. we are building a culture here, the right way (finally). We have a lot of holes to fill, but we also have a lot of draft picks and FA options still. We have a respected GM and a coach players want tot play for and be around. We will have a fresh offensive mindset and a renewed energy. RELAX. I promise JD is working the phones and making this team better. If you still feel like this after the 2022 season when he has exhausted the draft picks and cap space he spent 18 months acquiring by deconstructing the egregious roster moves the Jets have made over the past few years, then you can feel free to bash him. 

I feel very confident we are moving in a great direction. 

A lot of the complainers are the same people who CURSED JD for trading Jamal.  Because "we need Jamal you are shipping our talent away stop it we're a Jamal away from a super bowl" or whatever.  Getting the haul from Jamal (no rhyme intended) was JD's doing.

Imagine if we still had him and we didn't have those extra picks right now?  Then maybe I'd see a point in complaining about his conservative FA approach, but we have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds this year, 2 1st rounders next year.  Obviously JD wants to establish this team's backbone through the draft, unlike Macc.

Also to note, He-who-must-not-be-named *ahem* Adam Gase *ahem*, is no longer our coach.  Not sure what Saleh will bring, but him and LaFluer come from a tried and true system over in SF.  I believe we will still suck because we are the Jets, but with these improvements through FA and the draft I think this team will be noticeably different even if, dare I say, Darnold is back.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

I like some of the signings but I find myself feeling that especially considering we may pick a QB at #2 and our OL sucked balls last year that JD is not prioritizing the OL as much as he should. Even if it is a complete rental for a couple years while you draft rookies our OL needs to be at least average. Right now without 3 or 4 OL in the draft I am not seeing how that is happening. And keeping Darnold (and I was a HUGE Darnold fan) is just criminally dumb.

22 minutes ago, Lith said:

I used to like Connor, but man he has slipped since joining the Athletic.

I only recently heard of him and and have to say he is terrible. There is a podcast and he comes off as a dueshe not only with what he says but like how he talks like is he so popular etc...I mean I get it, he has to sell the personality but then I read stuff like we signed cb for help in secondary... Um not it was a special team help player...anyway he seems like a chode

9 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I think it's just remedy of years of bad drafting while not screwing up ability to build in future. 

Yes, but isn’t the comp formula based on how many FA you lose vs. gain?

So, having 4-5 guys a year in 1 yr contracts plugs holes - while also ensuring we lose 4-5 FAs every year that we don’t really want to retain anyway... right?