2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Joe Thuney and Corey Linsley is *not* a one or the other proposition for the Jets. If Thuney were to accept the Jets offer, they would still be interested in Linsley 👀 

Stage I [Jets fail to spend $200 million in the first six hours of free agency; JN blows out its collective diaper]: COMPLETE Stage II [Jets sign a bunch of second- and third-tier FAs; JN begins

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Everybody.  Remember, we PAID McGovern last season.  Moving on from him involves a significant dead money hit.  There was no chance for a new starting center unless one arrives in the draft. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

LOL I’m barely hanging on here, holding out hope for a big move tonight. We need a corner!

1 minute ago, Jetlife33 said:

if you get to sleep soon you have about 21 hours until JD will rise. 

lol

I spent way too much time refreshing this damn thread... my wife is like, "what the heck is going on?" lol

• Haha 4
1 minute ago, Jetlife33 said:

Not sure how this works but an extra 5.2 million in cap sounds nice 

help with receiver named Juju? or CB right...

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

our beat reporters Suck! Is JJSS spending the night and talks resume tomorrow? Did he fly out of Newark? 
I remember when we’d be getting all these reports and the food Rex ordered. Frustrating 

Wait, is JJSS actually visiting the Jets?

19 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

our beat reporters Suck! Is JJSS spending the night and talks resume tomorrow? Did he fly out of Newark? 
I remember when we’d be getting all these reports and the food Rex ordered. Frustrating 

You don’t know the Jets are interested in a player until they have an agreement with them. That’s the way things have been operating under Joe Douglas which is why I’m dubious about this report that the Jets are talking to JuJu.

• Upvote 3

Joe Douglas is not going to sign anyone to a long-term deal. 2 years max guaranteed money. He wants the cap space to roll over for when we actually need it when we’re ready to compete in our division. While he builds core of the team via the draft he’s going to fill out the roster with smart, low risk players on 1-2 year deals.

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1

Is Mosley actually going to play this year? Any media from Mosley or from CS/FO on his role?

If Mosley comes back and can play at near peak he’s instantly a game changer and with Q, Fatu, and Lawson, and Maye we are talking a couple players away from fielding a defense with top end talent 

• Upvote 4
1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

From the article...

"He spent his first year focusing on rebuilding the offensive line..."

He says that like JD was successful at doing so.

That was good for a laugh.

Mekhi Becton says hi

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

From the article...

"He spent his first year focusing on rebuilding the offensive line..."

He says that like JD was successful at doing so.

That was good for a laugh.

Missing the part where he said:

He is treating free agency as a way to fill in the gaps left by the draft in roster building, not as a means to building the roster entirely.

• Upvote 2
15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Missing the part where he said:

He is treating free agency as a way to fill in the gaps left by the draft in roster building, not as a means to building the roster entirely.

No one has ever thought a team should build a roster entirely through free agency. It’s a ridiculous comment.

I’m happy to give Douglas the benefit of the doubt this early in his 2nd full offseason, but he needs to do a better job leveraging cap space. The reason these guys are signing 1 and 2 year deals is bc no one is willing to commit to them. Maybe they work out better than last year’s 1 year deals that he seems to  be keeping around after disappointing seasons. Plenty of teams have upgraded their olines and secondaries this offseason. We haven’t. 

How many difference makers will develop from last year’s draft? Enough that we’re signing backups for them when they haven’t ever been productive NFL players? You want to build through the draft? Don’t go into it with glaring needs so you can draft BPA as often as possible.

There’s plenty of upgrades still available in free agency. A QB has very little chance to succeed behind a line as bad as what the Jets had last year.

• Upvote 2