2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Seriously because all three of those guys instantly give the secondary added stability that they’re going to need.

100%!!! And it would absolutely set us up for a draft where we can focus on purely on building the offensive unit we have been looking for over the last 100 years

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Joe Thuney and Corey Linsley is *not* a one or the other proposition for the Jets. If Thuney were to accept the Jets offer, they would still be interested in Linsley 👀 

Stage I [Jets fail to spend $200 million in the first six hours of free agency; JN blows out its collective diaper]: COMPLETE Stage II [Jets sign a bunch of second- and third-tier FAs; JN begins

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There's room in this argument between suggesting we need OL improvements (on which we both agree) and the extreme of "almost no one would succeed behind this OL". 

The line needs 1-2 upgrades.  But it really isn't that bad.  McGovern will play better this year, especially if we can move him to G.  But even if we don't, he was a top 10 Center coming off 2019.  There's no reason he can't return to that level of play in '21, particularly in a new system that will be better than the last one.  Becton will grow (hopefully not in size though, lol) and improve.  Those are 2 solid guys to build around.  Make at least one upgrade at G and we're in good shape.  It's far from being a dire situation as it stands currently.  

And there's plenty of time in free agency for Douglas to pick up a quality IOL, either via trade or after a cut, who didn't initially hit the open market.  

We had one of the worst lines in the league last year and there hasn't been a move in free agency that will change that.

I'm fine with Fant at RT if the guard positions are upgraded.  I'm fine with McGovern at C because he does has a history of success and the Jets clearly believe in him.  Becton is great at LT.

I'm even OK with saying the line will improve through continuity (even with a new coaching staff) after putting 5 strangers on a line without a preseason last year.

I have defended the o-line signings Douglas made last year.  I'm not an anti-Douglas guy.  But if the line is bad next year, it's because Douglas didn't do enough to upgrade one of our weakest position groups through free agency when there were plenty of options and resources to do so.

• Upvote 4
Just now, chrisfaceoff said:

This is the best news that can come out today for me. I wanted no part of him, plus I love Crowder. 

if this means he is staying then I am beyond thrilled. 

what a shame.  8M for the better, younger player in Juju vs 10M for crowder.

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, prime21 said:

I would have went to Baltimore or KC.

No chance he was going to Baltimore on a prove it deal. Relying on Lamar Jackson’s arm to get you paid is not smart. KC would have been interesting. 

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

Look at offers juju turned down.

JD likely would have needed to offer 11 million + 5 in incentives. 

No room or need for that.

Smart non-move on JD's part imo.

I agree,  Im surprised he turned down KC with a chance to get a SB ring.  Pitt is going nowhere next year......Maybe he wants to be "The Guy". 

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

It’s pretty telling that nobody offered him a multi year deal.     

There may have been multiple  year offers  but why lock yourself in at around 8 per.  Cap will go up next year and he can sign a multi then for probably way more.

1 minute ago, TampaJet said:

I agree,  Im surprised he turned down KC with a chance to get a SB ring.  Pitt is going nowhere next year......Maybe he wants to be : The Guy". 

in pittsburgh, he was the 3rd best WR.  he may have chosen to stay there for reasons of his own, but with d. johnson and claypool (to say nothing of j washington), he isn't going to be "the guy"

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

1 year 8 million for JuJu and 1 year 5.5 for keelan cole......douglas maybe legally retarded

of course, JD may have known juju wasn't coming here for $8 million or anywhere close to that (he turned down more from KC and balt), and he pivoted to cole, who reportedly was in demand by other teams

• Upvote 4
16 minutes ago, heymangold said:

what a shame.  8M for the better, younger player in Juju vs 10M for crowder.

He wouldn't have come here for $8M.  Come on now.  He took below market to stay in Pittsburgh another year and then try to get that bag next offseason with the league-wide cap back in good shape.

Now, if you're upset at Crowder being overpaid, I suggest you send this guy some angry mail.  He's been unemployed for 2 years so he has some time on his hands:

gettyimages-1022766160.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

of course, JD may have known juju wasn't coming here for $8 million or anywhere close to that (he turned down more from KC and balt), and he pivoted to cole, who reportedly was in demand by other teams

Exactly.  If you were Juju, and the market is not what you expected, why would you ever take a one year deal from the Jets with their unsettled QB situation when you can play another year with Roethlisberger or you have an option to play with Mahomes.

• Upvote 2
11 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Or JuJu had no intention of playing here.  I think that’s pretty obvious by the other deals he tuned down. 

Mind boggling that he didn't choose KC. If he bet on himself in that offense with Reek and Kelce demanding so much attention and Mahomes slinging it, he could have put up solid numbers, reached his incentives, and realized a big payday next year. Pitt looks to be in disarray with an aging and immobile Ben behind what will most likely be a below average OL. 

• Upvote 3

Speaking of KC—

Demarcus Robinson is a Free Agent again. Not sure if we can reasonably expect the Jets to sign another WR but it couldn’t hurt.

I know there’s a lot of Crowder love here, but I’d rather have Cole and Robinson for 5 mill a piece than Crowder at 10

• Upvote 3