2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

23 minutes ago, Lith said:

Haven't you figured it out yet.  Anyone we sign either sucks or is an overpaid jag.  Anyone signed by any other team is an awesome signing, future all-pro and already getting fitted for a gold jacket in Canton.

I really think that the Jets should petition the league for an exclusive signing period before free agency next year where we can sign anyone we want, for whatever we want to pay and the player has no option if we decide we want him.

The bolded has literally been true for the Jets for the last 10 years.  Until the jets and their GM prove they know what they are doing people will be negative.  I can see people being jaded, maybe not over the top jaded but jaded.

• Post of the Week 1

19 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Deshaun shouldn’t have put himself in this position by hiring so many different women to perform such a intimate task and no alibi. 

But with the hotel angle maybe this was prostitution or a this is just a bunch of bandwagon opportunist. Idk but something is up 

• Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Don’t believe the  Watson allegations 

What’s the threshold? 30 women? 400? 

Maybe these women are stretching the truth, maybe not - but they have been assumedly with him some point, more than likely in a compromising situation. This much smoke - there’s a fire somewhere 

adios to this dream. 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Don’t believe the  Watson allegations 

I think it is more likely than not that he did solicit happy endings in massage. It is not right but it is an occupational hazard of being a massage technician. It's made worse that even many licensed massage technicians offer the service. Not sayin on any level that it is right, or that the masseuses are not just in it for the bucks, but it is an area that could likely get many NFL players in trouble as well. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

What’s the threshold? 30 women? 400? 

Maybe these women are stretching the truth, maybe not - but they have been assumedly with him some point, more than likely in a compromising situation. This much smoke - there’s a fire somewhere 

adios to this dream. 

I don't even want Watson.  I just think its so out of character

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

The dude who gave me my Pfizer shot a couple days ago rubbed my shoulder without asking.

And what's nuts is they're doing this to thousands of people a day right in Edison!

Any lawyers want to represent us in civil cases?

I have a text message where they're actually inviting me back in 3 weeks to be poked again.

I'd only worry if they were inviting you back for a different kind of poking. 

• Haha 2

Just now, sourceworx said:

I'd still send two firsts and Quinnen Williams to Houston for him.  

I really want Watson, but nope.

Even if we go 0-17, I'm going to enjoy watching Lawson flying off the edge, pushing the QB right into a charging Q.

Q should be untouchable imo.

Send an extra 1st instead.

Just now, Mike135 said:

I really want Watson, but nope.

Even if we go 0-17, I'm going to enjoy watching Lawson flying off the edge, pushing the QB right into a charging Q.

Q should be untouchable imo.

Send an extra 1st instead.

Send them two more, and throw in our second rounder for good measure.

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

22 women don’t just fall out the sky with matching stories and allegations.

Sounds more and more like Watson is in very hot water.

Unfortunately, I think you're right.  If all these stories are similar between unconnected women who didn't really know each other then there's a big problem.  Again, we need to hear that there have truly been crimes committed here but none of this looks good.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Unfortunately, I think you're right.  If all these stories are similar between unconnected women who didn't really know each other then there's a big problem.  Again, we need to hear that there have truly been crimes committed here but none of this looks good.

A lot of masseusses work a lot through text so there is the possibility of outright confirmation in those tweets. Of course it will never go to any trial.

4 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

More like...

1526497885_tenor(4).gif.8c50b7954e52970a666f941c3fe73764.gif

I dunno.  It just really feels like tomorrow will be our day!  Given, I felt like that on Tuesday and then again on Thursday... but now I just get the sense we've got something brewing.  Stay by your twitter, could be a CB5 about to get signed.  You don't want to miss it.

• Upvote 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Patriots would trade for him this afternoon, book the presser tomorrow,  hand-wave every bit of these allegations with huge smiles on their faces, and every media entity covering the NFL would applaud them. The FBI had video of Robert Kraft getting jerked off by Asian slaves in a Florida strip mall and he still effectively runs the NFL. 

After the presser Kraft,Watson and BB would go meet all 22 women plus some and we would see the videos  on the party boats of them all celebrating. 

18 hours ago, Paradis said:

Still a lot of premium talent. This has NOT been your typically free agency.  Usually 1/3 of them are long gone. 

I feel like some of the complaining here for a guy like Cole is based on Fantasy Football logic. ....Real football is a chess game and guys like Cole may never lead the team in stats but will make a handful of drive sustaining plays that win games. 

how many Super Bowls did NE win on the legs and shoulders of James White, Kevin Faulk, Troy Brown etc 

winning is all that matters. Out smarting your opponent is often the difference 

This is so true.  Further, each of our new players is an upgrade over the player who had the role last season.  Davis is the replacement for Perriman.  Lawson is the replacement for Henry Anderson.  Davis (lb) is the replacement for Bashem.  Dan Feeney is the replacement for Josh Andrews.  Cole is the replacement for Berrios.  Joyner is the replacement for McDougald.

In each case we have clearly upgraded the roster.  The only wash above is Davis (LB) for Bashem and that was all about the scheme fit.  But the other additions are clear winners.  Davis (WR) has always been the starter, same with Lawson and Feeney.  This was not true of their predecessors all of whom were reclamation projects by the time they arrived on the Jets.  Cole not only returns punts and kicks, he is good at it with a 90 yd punt return for a score last season.  Joyner was not only the starter at safety, he was good at it until they tried to play him at the nickel.  Are these guys going to Canton?  I hope so but that is seldom the case in free agency.  Good teams do not let premium talent leave the club. 

So far, I am happy.  When the corners start to disappear, we will bring in a veteran for the right price.  I could so see us add another linebacker too.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1