2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

10 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Or the majority of runs in the Zone blocking scheme head to the outside away from the big uglies. WR blocks down on LB and Safeties leaving RB vs. CB. CB are pussies….RB wins

Or maybe the new GM wants players who focus on the little things in addition to the main job.  A wide receiver who can block is demonstrating some "want to".  An essential NFL trait.  When Wayne Chrebet came to the Jets, he was a small light wide receiver.  After five years in the league, he was noted for his strength and his willingness to get dirty. 

As Bill Parcell put it "you have to be willing to stick your face in the fan".

7 hours ago, heymangold said:

i'm saying this because it's been 2 years of him saying he's going to fix it and still hasn't but continues to sign replacement level players and trying to tell us it's an upgrade.  Lewis, GVR, Fant, Cole, Perriman, Khalil, etc.

and yes, reiff would probably be an upgrade on Fant.

The upgrades for the interior line spots will come in the draft.  If we do not add them, then I will get out my pitchfork and join your mob.  I honestly believe that the starting "guard only" and "center only" players will be there in rounds 3-5.  I think that is the plan and is what I would do if I were Douglas.  

38 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Patriots would trade for him this afternoon, book the presser tomorrow,  hand-wave every bit of these allegations with huge smiles on their faces, and every media entity covering the NFL would applaud them. The FBI had video of Robert Kraft getting jerked off by Asian slaves in a Florida strip mall and he still effectively runs the NFL. 

The SJWs at ESPN would call Watson a hero if he was a patriot

• Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, heymangold said:

i never said i wanted reiff, but he'd be an upgrade on Fant at RT, which is most likely where he's going to play when the bengals draft Sewell.

i was responding to the tweet that said the bengals were doing the most important thing and improving the protection for Burrow.  like i said, something JD refuses to do.

It is interesting how people see things differently.  I see the Bengals realizing that Sewell is going at #2 to the Jets and they have to bring in a veteran.  They will probably take Slater at 5 and play him at RT.  It is what I would do if I were them. 

Do not get me wrong, I would love to trade the #2 for value.  I just do not believe it is going to happen.  And Sewell is the obvious choice.  It is a two person draft at the top no matter how hard people try to rationalize it. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, chad2coles said:

That's not the point at all.  The point is that Douglas has the cap room to sign talent worthy of long term commitments.  Instead he's signing guys to one year deals who would obviously rather have multi year deals, but no team is willing to make that investment because they aren't that good.  Fant, Lewis, GVR, Feeney, etc.  He hasn't hit on these contracts yet.  Maybe this year will be different, but I would have rather him signed a guy like Zeitler to a long term contract and locked up a guard position with a legitimate starter.

Not me.  I want to continue to get younger.  Interior offensive lineman can be had in the later rounds.  Guys like Zeitler make sense for teams that are making a playoff run.  I wish we were ready to do that.  By the time we are ready to compete, he will be done.  As Parcells liked to say: "you are what your record says you are".  

So,,, get good players in FA only if your ready to compete for the playoffs ?

Not me.  I want to continue to get younger.  Interior offensive lineman can be had in the later rounds.  Guys like Zeitler make sense for teams that are making a playoff run.  I wish we were ready to do that.  By the time we are ready to compete, he will be done.  As Parcells liked to say: "you are what your record says you are".  

Sent from my SM-G996U using JetNation.com mobile app

8 minutes ago, clayton163v said:

It is interesting how people see things differently.  I see the Bengals realizing that Sewell is going at #2 to the Jets and they have to bring in a veteran.  They will probably take Slater at 5 and play him at RT.  It is what I would do if I were them. 

Do not get me wrong, I would love to trade the #2 for value.  I just do not believe it is going to happen.  And Sewell is the obvious choice.  It is a two person draft at the top no matter how hard people try to rationalize it. 

Whoever the bengals get either Sewell or Slater is going to be their starting LT from day 1

Jonah Williams is a bust

6 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Before injury Burrow looked pretty good behind an atrocious Cinn Oline. 

Until he went out for the season with a serious injury.  Veteran QBs do not stand in there because they are wiser than rookies . . .

I like Barrow too.  But Cincy desperately needed to bring in a tackle and they did.  Kind of like us last season . . .   I bet they draft one too.