2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

10 minutes ago, clayton163v said:

When they are 32 and you were 2-14?  Yes.  We need to get younger and better.  The answer at guard is in the draft.  It is why the Giants released Zeitler.  They took Shane Lemieux in the 5th round last year and he beat him out.  I want to do the same thing.

Agreed.  And the other side of this is why would a guy like Zeitler want to come to a rebuilding team.  He has already made over $60M in his career.  But in 9 years he has never won a playoff game.  He likely wants to go to a team ready to compete now moreso than the highest bidder.   Makes no sense for either player or team.

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

They clearly don't want to overspend here but Chris Carson would've been the starter.  There are still plenty of options.  There's still all the Niner backs remaining.  Coleman, McKinnon and Breida.  Fournette, Mike Davis and Gallman are also still out there.  Is Gurley done? How bout James Conner

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Lol no chance we take Sewell. We are drafting Wilson, or trading down. I cannot imagine the Jets passing on QB at #2 regardless of what rumor we here. 2-14 teams with the worst QB in the NFL do not pass on elite QB prospects.

Joe will not trade down unless he is offered value.  Take a look at the trade chart or the thread I wrote on the subject.  It is just too costly to move to #2. 

Further, it is clearly a two person draft this year.  Sewell reminds people of Munoz and for good reason.  Ourlads preview wrote that he has been destined for the top of the NFL draft since high school.  He is simply bigger, faster and more athletic than his opponents.  Nor does he draw flags.

As for the QBs, there is little or no difference in terms of draft value between Wilson, Fields, Lance or Jones.  All could be great or all could be busts.  Only Lawrence separated himself from the pack.  The same is true next year and the year after.  There are always also-rans. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

6 minutes ago, clayton163v said:

Joe will not trade down unless he is offered value.  Take a look at the trade chart or the thread I wrote on the subject.  It is just too costly to move to #2. 

Further, it is clearly a two person draft this year.  Sewell reminds people of Munoz and for good reason.  Ourlads preview wrote that he has been destined for the top of the NFL draft since high school.  He is simply bigger, faster and more athletic than his opponents.  Nor does he draw flags.

As for the QBs, there is little or no difference in terms of draft value between Wilson, Fields, Lance or Jones.  All could be great or all could be busts.  Only Lawrence separated himself from the pack.  The same is true next year and the year after.  There are always also-rans. 

Ummm yeah you should look into updating you’re draft analysis on these QBs.. You’re like 2 months behind 

?

40 minutes ago, KRL said:

I have a feeling it will be Etienne to the Jets at #23

I would be OK with Harris or Etienne at #34.  At 23 I need a durable starter for the defensive front seven or a starting wide receiver if one of the top guys falls.  I would also not be averse to adding one of the top QBs.  I would not be surprised to see Wilson, Fields, Lance or Jones still on the board. 

I expect it to be a wild draft in the first few rounds.