2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

11 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Ummm yeah you should look into updating you’re draft analysis on these QBs.. You’re like 2 months behind 

?

Perhaps I will change my tune when I receive my annual Ourlads draft guide in a few weeks.  Unlike many on the board, I base my views on the professionals take on player values.

17 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Carl wasn’t paid to go around people, he was paid to go through them. 

I respect and appreciate the patience and not getting flagged(down by the police) for vehicular homicide. 

he’s smart and disciplined. That’s an intangible you cannot teach. Shout out to Joe and Robert for identifying those skills in him. A true Douglas type. 

great signing 10/10

I mean, it’s a 4 lane road, just go around.  Maybe he would have a few more sacks if he improved his decision making and actually did go around people.

• Thumb Down 1

30 minutes ago, rayzor said:

They clearly don't want to overspend here but Chris Carson would've been the starter.  There are still plenty of options.  There's still all the Niner backs remaining.  Coleman, McKinnon and Breida.  Fournette, Mike Davis and Gallman are also still out there.  Is Gurley done? How bout James Conner

All of those guys you mentioned stink.  

3 minutes ago, heymangold said:

I mean, it’s a 4 lane road, just go around.  Maybe he would have a few more sacks if he improved his decision making and actually did go around people.

I think he was just making fun of the fact that his HUD was showing his speed was 30mph and there was no way the bike in front of him was going that fast... It’s not that serious.

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

This guy nailed Isaiah Wilson being traded and Kwon Alexander being cut well before anyone else did.

We’ll hopefully find out soon enough.

If you are Neil you have to be looking at Dallas! Franchise quarterback, top 10 running back, two very good wide receivers, a very good offense of line and best of all the weakest division in football! If you want playoffs you go with Dallas. Jets have a strong Buffalo team with the franchise quarterback an up-and-coming dolphins team in the long standing NFL champion patriots spending crazy money.

12 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

If you are Neil you have to be looking at Dallas! Franchise quarterback, top 10 running back, two very good wide receivers, a very good offense of line and best of all the weakest division in football! If you want playoffs you go with Dallas. Jets have a strong Buffalo team with the franchise quarterback an up-and-coming dolphins team in the long standing NFL champion patriots spending crazy money.

To be fair, Dallas had all of that and started out very bad.  Dak getting injured just made them worse than they already were.

Plus, he has familiarity with our DC.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

The general shanahan regime/tree seems to just look for competent RBs that they make into very productive players.

Not sad we missed out on Carson, will be surprised if we use a high pick on a RB.

OK Jets colored goggles but I think our RB group is OK. I think Adams, Jonson and Perrine can all do well. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Well but he may also think he will fit the Jets D better and have a bigger payday later.

39 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Josina live
Watch what happened at 3:48 in @JosinaAnderson's broadcast: Undefined Live: Jojo answering just a few free agency questions in b/w deals.

https://www.pscp.tv/w/cyPw5zIxNzg5MzJ8MUJSSmpCTEVua0JKd7c_5rfeyEaMGXN7XpA5ZRdC_FNjny3XH2vdte6pbLYf?t=3m48s

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Can you explain what happened- link was weird for me

52 minutes ago, prime21 said:

This one will be all about the money because Jerry’s World vs the Meadowlands isn’t a fair fight. Last place or possible 1st place isn’t a fair fight. America’s team vs Woody’s Circus is not a fair fight.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

Last time we played the cowboys and dak we beat them. Plus Dallas ain't the samteam anymore. I'm don't think dallas is as attractive as people think..

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, prime21 said:

This one will be all about the money because Jerry’s World vs the Meadowlands isn’t a fair fight. Last place or possible 1st place isn’t a fair fight. America’s team vs Woody’s Circus is not a fair fight.

Dallas cheerleaders vs. Flight Crew..... not a fair fight

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, clayton163v said:

Joe will not trade down unless he is offered value.  Take a look at the trade chart or the thread I wrote on the subject.  It is just too costly to move to #2. 

Further, it is clearly a two person draft this year.  Sewell reminds people of Munoz and for good reason.  Ourlads preview wrote that he has been destined for the top of the NFL draft since high school.  He is simply bigger, faster and more athletic than his opponents.  Nor does he draw flags.

As for the QBs, there is little or no difference in terms of draft value between Wilson, Fields, Lance or Jones.  All could be great or all could be busts.  Only Lawrence separated himself from the pack.  The same is true next year and the year after.  There are always also-rans. 

Yeah but we picked LT last year and even as important as LT is, we are first not drafting another LT, and QB is infinitely more valuable so we will take QB. And Wilson is clearly better an more highly regarded than Fields and Lance. WE are not taking Sewell.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

I think some ppl need to hear this; no team’s “plan” is written in stone. The way some are speculating about how this or that must fit into some master scheme - it’s just not like that (Outside of QB). 

they get together, discuss needs and draw up value on FAs, draft prospect etc. As things evolve, and prices go up and down (on both FAs and prospects) they shift gears and make moves. 

Thuney/Carson (hypothetically) could be an example of this fluidity. Not striking any deals with a couple of Olinemen like Thuney may have inspired them to consider other options at #34/3rd round - where maybe they liked Etienne/Williams. Now taking a run at Carson makes sense if you want to focus on guards on day 2. 

1 hour ago, prime21 said:

America's team? Please! That sh*t hasn't been true since people were renting movies at Blockbuster Video. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Thuney/Carson (hypothetically) could be an example of this fluidity. Not striking any deals with a couple of Olinemen like Thuney may have inspired them to consider other options at #34/3rd round - where maybe they liked Etienne/Williams. Now taking a run at Carson makes sense if you want to focus on guards on day 2. 

Can't we also assume that in this offensive system, we don't necessarily need an elite RB? I get that what Cleveland & Minnesota have is great. And to some extent sure, Aaron Jones is good (although that contract was ridiculous). But he's a fifth rounder.

I feel like RB is the last piece to a good team. They deteriorate so quickly. 

And considering we as Jets fans, the whole NFL, the whole world knows, we're not a playoff team next year. No amount of free agency dollars was going to change that. 

I'm comfortable going into this draft with guard as a need. If we didn't get Lawson, with an uninspiring edge class, and the importance of that position for the defense - I'd be more concerned.

And this will all be moot if Vera-Tucker falls to 23 or Radunz falls to 34. To your point, the board is always in flux and pieces are always moving, but we still have outs left.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Can't we also assume that in this offensive system, we don't necessarily need an elite RB? I get that what Cleveland & Minnesota have is great. And to some extent sure, Aaron Jones is good (although that contract was ridiculous). But he's a fifth rounder.

I feel like RB is the last piece to a good team. They deteriorate so quickly. 

And considering we as Jets fans, the whole NFL, the whole world knows, we're not a playoff team next year. No amount of free agency dollars was going to change that. 

I'm comfortable going into this draft with guard as a need. If we didn't get Lawson, with an uninspiring edge class, and the importance of that position for the defense - I'd be more concerned.

And this will all be moot if Vera-Tucker falls to 23 or Radunz falls to 34. To your point, the board is always in flux and pieces are always moving, but we still have outs left.  

Definitely agree that our offensive scheme doesn’t necessarily require elite talent at RB. I wouldn’t  condone expending big money or top picks at the position. 

Like all things tho, you can only shine up a turd so much. We do someone with nfl legs back there. 

• Upvote 1