2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

8 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Jordan Jenkins gone, to the Houston disasters.

Sorry to see him go - a solid player, team-first guy and a good Jet.

It was time for him to move on.  But I fell bad for himm.  He has always handled himself well.  Solid player, but not a superstar. Leaving us after 5 losing seasons for the dumpster fire that has become the Texans.  Dawg deserved better.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

53 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’d bet good money that the sterling Jets PR staff put a warning next to the caption where it read “Rich Cimini” and that’s what threw him off, too. Always been a nuisance of mine how minor-league the Jets are in that respect. 

Please elaborate? They out wanting next to his name for asking dumb sh*t or they advise played not to talk about certain things?

14 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Yeah but we picked LT last year and even as important as LT is, we are first not drafting another LT, and QB is infinitely more valuable so we will take QB. And Wilson is clearly better an more highly regarded than Fields and Lance. WE are not taking Sewell.

It's just hard for me to understand why people don't get what a mess it would be to A: pass on a QB with the potential to be great (Wilson) and B: pick two left tackles in consecutive years with their first pick and have one disgruntled LT want to leave the team in a few years because RT gets paid considerably less. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Please elaborate? They out wanting next to his name for asking dumb sh*t or they advise played not to talk about certain things?

When a Jets player does a press conference or an interview, Jared Winley sits off to the side like a stage mom and intervenes if any reporter dares to ask a mean question, not dissimilar to what the Knicks do with their players. I’m presuming Lawson saw on his screen some kind of notation about Cimini in place of “Rich” and that was the confusion. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Would love to sign Neal, it would be a huge addition to our D, but more work needs to be done before the draft:

• We need 1 or 2 corners

• More IOL depth

• More edge depth

• Backup QB

• Our TE situation is abhorent, but it looks like it’s too late to upgrade.

• I’m ok punting on RB until draft or camp cuts.

29 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

Taking Morgan in the 4th was a total waste of that pick. There was value in IOL, CB and WR available, yeah a long shot but a much better chance than Morgan ever seeing the field. That's the only thing that's upset about JD so far.

Agree the NY Jets were 2-14 in 2020 James Morgan should have seen some snaps. 

This is worse than the Christian Hackenberg situation. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Agree the NY Jets were 2-14 in 2020 James Morgan should have seen some snaps. 

This is worse than the Christian Hackenberg situation. 

Scumbag Gase was trying to win games as many games as possible to convince J&J to keep him or to audition for his next job.

This is why he should have been fired in Sept....errr...never hired.

2 hours ago, Lith said:

Not sure if this was posted yesterday -- probably was but I am not going back through this 195 page thread to find it-- but I really like this kid.  "Can I not answer that question? Is that allowed?"

I already like his level of intelligence

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

When a Jets player does a press conference or an interview, Jared Winley sits off to the side like a stage mom and intervenes if any reporter dares to ask a mean question, not dissimilar to what the Knicks do with their players. I’m presuming Lawson saw on his screen some kind of notation about Cimini in place of “Rich” and that was the confusion. 

He said the screen showed something that wasn't Rich's name. Was it 'don't answer this asswipe'?

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Scumbag Gase was trying to win games as many games as possible to convince J&J to keep him or to audition for his next job.

This is why he should have been fired in Sept....errr...never hired.

Gase knew he was history. His goal was to keep the Jets from the #1 OA pick and to get Frank Gore a career total  16,000 yards.