2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

4 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Where did you read that?

Several posts on twitter, I'll see if I can find them again.

Said that the Jets offered more money and multi years, but Neal opted for the 1-year at less money for another shot at FA next year.

Not really sure why we were dicking around with Neal anyway.

Especially with Maye, Davis and Joyner all in the fold.

As far as obtaining a weakside LB, take someone like Pete Werner or Cameron McGrone in the 3rd round.

CB should be our highest priority to close out FA. Go grab Fuller and either re-sign Poole or bring in K’Waun Williams to play the slot. And maybe bring in a cheap young RB like James Conner to add to the committee.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, ganggreen305 said:

Who would you pick?  No brainer.  

Exactly, so the people saying JD can’t finish are, per usual, doing it prematurely. Hey, I think there’s been a few really logical moves and opportunities to fix the CB and C spots that JD didn’t jump on, but I’m not going to act like this move didn’t make more sense for Neal & the Cowboys as it did for us. Especially @ 8 million.

2021 FA has been reasonably decent. They’ve done a good bit even if fans can’t seem to acknowledge that without flashy names being attached to these decisions.

• Sympathy 3

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

That's not what I was suggesting.  My point is that whenever we hear that "the Jets are talking to someone" or "player X is decided between the Jets and Y," it has almost always turned out the Jets don't get that player and my belief is that the Jets were being used to get the price up.

We didn't hear a peep about Corey Davis.  Signed.  We didn't hear anything about the Jets being in negotiations with Carl Lawson.  Signed.  That's because Joe runs a tight ship.  When I heard the Jets were "talking to JuJu" I knew 100% we weren't getting him.  When I heard the Neal was deciding between the Jets and Cowboys I posted here immediately that I thought this was another case of an agent floating that his client was talking to the team (Jets) with the biggest checkbook.

It just seems to be how things work right now.  I think our next signing will come out of the blue too without the players agent floating anything about discussions.

I agree with this.  100%. 

But this is also a much different resposne than "Joe was used again."  

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Grandy said:

4/72 for Golladay

Overpay imo.

I was hearing all winter that the Giants were in cap trouble and be basically non participants in FA while we were going to be a big player.  Now here they are spending money like drunken sailors and JD nickel and dimes everyone.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

12 minutes ago, section314 said:

Still feel we are gonna sign Clowney. And maybe Fuller, or Jackson.

If we can get Clowney on a cheap one  year "prove it" deal fine, but the guy has fallen off a cliff the last two seasons.  Agree on the CBs.  Have to add some experience.  Would love to see Poole come back and add an experienced guy on the outside. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

29 minutes ago, Lith said:

I agree with this.  100%. 

But this is also a much different resposne than "Joe was used again."  

Fair point.

"The Jets were used again" :)

It's not entirely their fault.  If you're an agent negotiating with a team for your client the best thing to do is getting rumors floating that the team with the biggest wallet is also interested in your client.  That's the Jets this year.

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Fair point.

"The Jets were used again" :)

It's not entirely their fault.  If you're an agent negotiating with a team for your client the best thing to do is getting rumors floating that the team with the biggest wallet is also interested in your client.  That's the Jets this year.

I think the extra 3 million to sign was the sticking point & that’s simply all this one was. I imagine JD offered around what he did for the Lions LBer. 5.5-6 million. Again guys, Neal is getting 8 mill in total, zero taxes, better team, in the weakest division in the entire NFL.

this one is easy.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Just sign a slot CB, and trade for Danielle Hunter.  

The rest can be sorted out in the draft. 

Get me Kyle Fuller or Steve Nelson & I’ll be happy. Bless & Hall aren’t horrible, it’s just you can’t only go into the season with them, you need one sure fire dependable CB to counter the WR1’s in not only the NFL, but in the AFC East. You can’t put Bless on Diggs or Parker two games each and feel good about it.

Sure you can draft one reasonably high but do you still feel good with a rookie covering them?

That’s their #1 need at this very moment.

• Upvote 2

Get me Kyle Fuller or Steve Nelson & I’ll be happy. Bless & Hall aren’t horrible, it’s just you can’t only go into the season with them, you need one sure fire dependable CB to counter the WR1’s in not only the NFL, but in the AFC East. You can’t put Bless on Diggs or Parker two games each and feel good about it.
Sure you can draft one reasonably high but do you still feel good with a rookie covering them?
That’s their #1 need at this very moment.

Totally agree with your thought about our need to get Kyle Fuller. Although his play reportedly dropped off last season. Anyone know what his asking price is ? I think I read that when the Bears were looking to trade him , that his 2021 salary was around $14 million.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, ManCave Analyst said:

Totally agree with your thought about our need to get Kyle Fuller. Although his play reportedly dropped off last season. Anyone know what his asking price is ? I think I read that when the Bears were looking to trade him , that his 2021 salary was around $14 million.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

Saw this AM that Fuller has not been released yet.  But even if he is, I think it will be tough to keep him away from Vic Fangio in Denver who reportedly would be in on him.  Fango was his DC in Chicago.  

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

was just about to bring up how weird it is that Golladay hasn’t signed yet. Here it is.

I have a hard on thinking about the first time a paid Golladay opts to sit out a game because of a balky hamstring and someone asks Joe Judge for a comment

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

Saw this AM that Fuller has not been released yet.  But even if he is, I think it will be tough to keep him away from Vic Fangio in Denver who reportedly would be in on him.  Fango was his DC in Chicago.  

Yeah, my best guess is that’s where he’ll wind up going. Steven Nelson is a top 10 CB and only 28 years old. That’s an interesting route but the pick would probably be higher than some guys are comfortable giving. I’d try to get him for a 3rd this year and maybe a 5th next year.