2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

26 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Last time I checked the NFL was all about wins and losses  winning the Lombardi trophy. This organization hasn't done squat since 1969 that's 51 years and counting. The NY Jets were 2-14 in 2020 with JD as the GM. Currently the NY Jets are a bottom feeder NFL team. I dont care how many PSL's,season tickets or pretzels being sold at at MetLife its about winning and success. JD is on the clock. 

Yes, JD is to blame for the 51 years. But does he get credit for drafring Klecko in the 6th round?

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Joe Thuney and Corey Linsley is *not* a one or the other proposition for the Jets. If Thuney were to accept the Jets offer, they would still be interested in Linsley 👀 

Stage I [Jets fail to spend $200 million in the first six hours of free agency; JN blows out its collective diaper]: COMPLETE Stage II [Jets sign a bunch of second- and third-tier FAs; JN begins

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

100%.  No doubt.  Still doesnt change the fact that just throwing a rookie at it and assuming that's all it takes on offense just seems insanely narrow minded and extremely dangerous.

And while this is no admission for Sam Darnold, the reality is, this team is 0-10 when he doesnt play since drafted.  When you say that out loud, it makes you pause.  Sure, Luke Faulk but Josh McCown and Joe Flacco while not great are more then serviceable NFL QB's and they went 0-7.

Gase 

Gase - true the team appears extremely devoid of talent. It’s impossible to know if we have anything because the horrible coach and his ineptitude. Our team always looked flat and unprepared. 

I think trying to gauge or apply any real value is going to be skewed because of how bad Gase actually was. 

we need more talent yes. Would I be surprised if a handful of players shock me just due to the coaching changes/scheme, no. 

Barring any shocking QB trade I still say we trade that #2 pick for an RG III size compensation and let JD have a chance to speed up the process. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, JiF said:

I get that, I just think that assuming a rookie QB is going to fix all your offensive woes is insane especially because everyone not named Lawrence probably needs a year on the bench.  To think you dont need to surround him with support?  I mean, we just went through this with Sam.

I just dont know how you could look at last season and put it on the QB.  Dont get me wrong, I think Sam is a tremendous bust but hands down bar none, last year was the worst supporting cast he's had yet in his career.  That team, specifically offense, was the worst pile of dog sh*t ever assembled.

Even though at least 5 years of drafting held the team back, didn't Douglas partially assemble that team? 

I mean, the Jets had a decent amount of cap space, went the budget route, especially on the line, and got the 2-14 results. 

Not that I'd have expected JD to makeover the McGags mess in one season - he of Bell, Johnson, drafts worse than Idzik, but Douglas bears partial responsibility.

And, with that, again - acknowledging hole all over the roster - his big move on offense is to sign ONE decent WR, and what appears to be a fairly sh*tty offensive lineman - one who seems noticeably worse than the not very compelling guys he signed last year.

I get it's not easy, players want to go elsewhere, a million roster holes to fill, but JD hasn't exactly knocked it out of the park going into the late innings of his 2nd year of FA. Particularly on the offensive side of the ball. 

At the moment, feels like the Jets need a perfect draft though all 9 picks just to get to mediocre. Well, all 13 picks, since we know JD is going be trading down like 4 times. 

11 minutes ago, slats said:

I'm increasingly expecting the QB at pick #2. The fact that the Jets have done nothing at the position in free agency tells me they're done with Darnold. Only way they could bring back Sam to start would be if they had a Dalton/Winston/Trubisky/etc. behind him. They don't. 

I’m leaning this way too.  
Feels like Sam might be the veteran bridge. 

25 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Jets fans: Gase is killing this team OMG

Also Jets fans: We need to replace every player/No one can win with these stiffs

Please, you were defending Gase because of how bad this roster was just a few months ago...

2 minutes ago, YankeeJet22 said:

Yes, JD is to blame for the 51 years. But does he get credit for drafring Klecko in the 6th round?

Right now JD is currently part of a very bad football team. No excuses. 

@joewilly12 Can you start a new official thread? This one has devolved into a bitch-fest. It would be nice to go back to a thread where actual FA rumors & FA visits are mostly the main postings. I know FA has slowed but we have to scroll through 20 pages to see if anything new happens. It’s that or I recommend new Topics be posted with updates and I know how much you hate that. 😡

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
30 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Jets fans: Gase is killing this team OMG

Also Jets fans: We need to replace every player/No one can win with these stiffs

So are you saying Gase was a good coach and we had bad talent or are you saying that Gase was a bad coach and we had good talent?

• Haha 1
Just now, 32EBoozer said:

@joewilly12 Can you start a new official thread? This one has devolved into a bitch-fest. It would be nice to go back to a thread where actual FA rumors & FA visits are mostly the main postings. I know FA has slowed but we have to scroll through 20 pages to see if anything new happens. It’s that or I recommend new Topics be posted with updates and I know how much you hate that. 😡

This is what happens when nothing is happening and many aren't happy with the results of what did happen. 

All you @32EBoozer go start any thread you want. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, YankeeJet22 said:

For someone who hates Sam, you seem to defend him a great deal. 

Btw, I enjoy your posts and respect your take the majority of time. 

Thank you, I appreciate that and feel the same.

I dont think Sam Darnold is a good Qb but I think it's also very fair to say there are very few examples of worse mismanagement of rookie QB.  David Carr comes to mind but as little as they did for him, he had a HOF WR and a 1,000 yard rusher on his offense by his second season.  Darnold's supporting cast by all accounts has regressed.  I've never seen anything like it but the reason I pointed out the record specifically is just to highlight that the Jets are so bad, it's really one of the few examples in the NFL where I think it's as simple as swapping the QB and/or system.  I could be wrong, Gase and Darnold were/are bad but again, the Jets havent won a game without him starting.  Coincidence?  Idk.  3 different QBs', 3 different years, 10 game sample size make me feel like it could be more to it then QB.

And I'm not saying JD/Saleh dont see this, I'm just commenting on that silly report...

• Upvote 3
4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

This is what happens when nothing is happening and many aren't happy with the results of what did happen. 

All you @32EBoozer go start any thread you want. 

Wow!! The end of the world must be near…. JD encouraging new topics. 
5 new DW threads coming up!

Kylo Ren GIF by swerk

21 minutes ago, Stark said:

Gase 

Gase - true the team appears extremely devoid of talent. It’s impossible to know if we have anything because the horrible coach and his ineptitude. Our team always looked flat and unprepared. 

I think trying to gauge or apply any real value is going to be skewed because of how bad Gase actually was. 

we need more talent yes. Would I be surprised if a handful of players shock me just due to the coaching changes/scheme, no. 

Barring any shocking QB trade I still say we trade that #2 pick for an RG III size compensation and let JD have a chance to speed up the process. 

Sure but who's here to shock you?  lol  Crowder is the only consistent main stay, I guess maybe the OL could improve with new coaching but we also hired rookie HC, who hired a rookie OC and DC.   We really have no clue what we're getting here, albeit, more than likely an upgrade over Gase and company.

I want Fields but I dont see it happening and because of that and my fear of Zach Wilson, I'm starting to lean toward the trade back as well.  I'm almost all in on it but my plan would include bringing back Bridgewater.  This team is sooo bad and I've been messing around with trade back scenarios, they legit could rebuild entire units with proper execution.  

• Upvote 2

In less exciting Jets news, the team is still looking into free agent kickers and wants to find a starting-caliber corner, as Cimini writes. The CB need will probably be filled in the draft; Cimini does not expect the club to pursue Richard Sherman, despite the obvious Sherman-Robert Salehconnection.

• Upvote 2
32 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

Even though at least 5 years of drafting held the team back, didn't Douglas partially assemble that team? 

I mean, the Jets had a decent amount of cap space, went the budget route, especially on the line, and got the 2-14 results. 

Not that I'd have expected JD to makeover the McGags mess in one season - he of Bell, Johnson, drafts worse than Idzik, but Douglas bears partial responsibility.

And, with that, again - acknowledging hole all over the roster - his big move on offense is to sign ONE decent WR, and what appears to be a fairly sh*tty offensive lineman - one who seems noticeably worse than the not very compelling guys he signed last year.

I get it's not easy, players want to go elsewhere, a million roster holes to fill, but JD hasn't exactly knocked it out of the park going into the late innings of his 2nd year of FA. Particularly on the offensive side of the ball. 

At the moment, feels like the Jets need a perfect draft though all 9 picks just to get to mediocre. Well, all 13 picks, since we know JD is going be trading down like 4 times. 

I have my concerns with JD but as you said he inherited a mess and while I've been critical of his draft, I am curious to see what a real offseason with new coaching can do for the class.  That said,  baring some amazing breakout, he probably screwed up a great opportunity to build a foundation by missing out on some solid OL/WR prospects in the mid rounds seemingly going away from the strength and depth of the draft yet trading back in the process.  It was confusing.  And then now, to have what again seemed wise saving cap space for a year where money is tight, he's still going for 2nd/3rd rate FA's and 1 year deals.

So again, I dont see the vision but who knows, maybe he goes off in the draft and the new coaching/system will be all it takes to get the foundation in place.  Just seems like a tall order and like you said, it feels like you almost have to hit on every pick.

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, Lith said:

All due respect to Cimini, but I do not see how we can possibly pass on the CBs in FA.  Even if not Sherman, we neeed to bring in a solid vet or 2, and there are still options out there: K'waun Williams, Poole, Jackson come immediatley to mind.  Probably some other guys too.  I don't see how we can go into the season with Hall, Austin and a rookie as our top 3 guys and then have to rely on the Javelin Guidry's and Lamar Jackson's of the world if someone goes down.

I'm with you, but I think it might be what I stated in a post yesterday.......it's possible that JD and Saleh just don't think any of these guys left are any good.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
20 minutes ago, Lith said:

All due respect to Cimini, but I do not see how we can possibly pass on the CBs in FA.  Even if not Sherman, we neeed to bring in a solid vet or 2, and there are still options out there: K'waun Williams, Poole, Jackson come immediatley to mind.  Probably some other guys too.  I don't see how we can go into the season with Hall, Austin and a rookie as our top 3 guys and then have to rely on the Javelin Guidry's and Lamar Jackson's of the world if someone goes down.

• Priority 1 is to get the offense to start working in 2021.  That means drafting OL, WR and RB.  WIth the FA CBs available, and usually available every year, I would be signing those and focusing on drafting players that sometimes take a year or more to develop.
  • To answer a prior post, yes, Sam was completely mismanaged.  I think if the Jets were not picking so high, they would extend Sam and try again with a new coach.  But with the 2 pick and Sam possibly broken, I think the better call would be to reboot with Fields or Wilson.  I would not play them unless the OL is much better.  Let Morgan get beat up.  Or Sam for a year if the trade value is less than 2nd round.  
    • Think of that for a minute-are the Jets better off with a good starting OL, or having Sam and Wilson/Fields in 2021.  I would take the OL.
    • The Jets were better off with a starting OL than Leo, but we blew that. 
  • with 2 of the Jets top 4 picks, other than the first one, the Jets could get Vera-Tucker/Davis and Mayfield/Leatherwood.  That would completely change the game.  I do think that one of Clark or Lewis will be able to start capably.   WR has been patched for 2021, for the most part.  So patch CB and this team could win 8 games next year. 
  • If Jerrad Davis and Mosley are on the field at the same time in this defense, that could be a problem. 
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

That's the thing...big cat is probably going to go back to normal next year..and golladay is good but not like elite 1. Both will help you win game but neither are dominant. Paid too much for both I think 

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

That's the thing...big cat is probably going to go back to normal next year..and golladay is good but not like elite 1. Both will help you win game but neither are dominant. Paid too much for both I think 

Gettleman’s on his last legs. 

• Upvote 2