2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

On a personal level I'd love that.  I actually coached Andrus' younger brothers in flag football about 4 years ago when they played with my son.  The family is great, his father Todd played OG with the Raiders and almost the whole fam showed up at all the flag games.  The younger brothers are on an athletic path too but seem a bit more inclined for hoops these days.   But anyway, I'd like Andrus a lot with the Jets but he does have some injury history that would need to be cleared.  Is there any indication the Saints would be open to trading him?

Think his cap hit is like $11 mill- I want the player but not at that price

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

The Bears were willing to trade away the farm for Russel Wilson, tho now they have Dalton.  Goes to show that I think teams are definitely willing to deal picks/players for QBs.

There are some teams that will sell the farm, though not very many. In the Bears case they feel they are in a win now situation, and if reports are true about the trade offer, then they felt like the move was worth it.

JD is in year two of a six year deal and has repeatedly stated the he's going to build through the draft and that there are no shortcuts to success.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

This f*cking guy! lol

Incarcerated Boob truly is the best form of entertainment this time of year.

I'm still waiting for that Nnamdhi Asomougha signing, Bob!  And, what about that supposed 6 team trade that puts Reggie Bush in a Jets uniform on Draft Day?

ahhh yes, the asomougha/no fly zone fantasies. 

Good times. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cbucco19 said:

It’s going to be Wilson from what I’m hearing ! I’ve heard from 2 guys connected to the Jets ! They were right on last years pick ... not one to say sources or anything 

Then where is Darnold going?

19 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

The Ravens could be close to making a big addition to their receiving room. Sammy Watkins is on his way to Baltimore to visit with the team, a source told Ian Rapoport of NFL Network (Twitter link).

lol watkins plays on one of the best teams in the leiague wiht best QB and barely does crap, i feel bad for any team that relies on him as a 1. It took all KC had with Mahomes to give him just what 1 or 2 games year where he made an impact. What a terrible play on Ravens if true.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

lol watkins plays on one of the best teams in the leiague wiht best QB and barely does crap, i feel bad for any team that relies on him as a 1. It took all KC had with Mahomes to give him just what 1 or 2 games year where he made an impact. What a terrible play on Ravens if true.

Agree.  Watkins has never been the same since the foot injury

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, maury77 said:

I don’t know what the team is thinking about Zuniga, but he was a third round pick last year. I doubt the team has already given up on him the way most of the fan base has

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Jets were in on both Lawson and Hendrickson, so maybe that says something about Zuniga.

• Upvote 2

yeah hard to tell, I mean it is just as likely they give up on him as the new HC sees something and wants to see if he can coach him up...

One thing lost on all these FA moves is that you can probably argue that people they are replacing might be better than they have performed the last two years. Im not sure how much you can tell about a guys wiht Gase running the show. Look how bad Sam has looked. Who is to say that Zuniga is really that bad...could be not using his talents...idk..who the hell does know.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Nick Easton‘s market is starting to heat up it seems. The veteran offensive lineman was cut by the Saints about six weeks ago, and not too long after we heard that he’d already been in touch with four teams.

If I had to guess the Jets are one of the four teams interested. 

You watch the good teams not sign or release their OL-GB, KC, etc., and then think "what are they doing?"

Just because they are good, does not mean they don't get to draft.  If we think JD is going to start drafting OL in the 3rd round (which would have been good for G last year), the playoff+ teams would already have drafted at least twice.  So they will have a chance to take the successor C, G, RT before the Jets do.

So the Jets need to find a way to draft at least one starting guard next month.  I think one high (23 or 34) and another in the 4th or 5th would be the strategy.

I would also think that JD is counting on drafting CB at 23 or 34.  

5 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

That is not true.

From Sarge-who is better than Brian Winters at G?

I will give you Alex Lewis if his head is screwed on straight.  

Hopefully Clark is. 

Offensive Line   

• 71 - Alex Lewis 6'6" 315 Michigan (G)     (Signed Thru 2022) 
  • 60 - Conner McGovern 6'4" 306 Missouri (C)     (Signed Thru 2022)
  • 62 - Greg Van Roten 6'3" 303 Penn (G)    (Signed Thru 2022)
  • xx - Dan Feeney 6'4" 310 Indiana (G/C)  - Free Agent Signing from Chargers
  • 72 - Cameron Clark 6'3" 308 Richmond (G/T)  (Signed Thru 2023)   
  • 69 - Conor McDermott 6'8" 305 UCLA (G/T)  (Signed Thru 2021)
  • 63 - Leo Koloamatani 6'5" 305 Hawaii (G/C)    (2020 Opt Out) (Signed Thru 2021)
  • 61 - James Murray 6'5" 304 Holy Cross (OL)  (Signed Thru 2021)
  • 68 - Josh Andrews 6"4" 311 Oregon State (C/G)   <<< RESTRICTED FREE AGENT >>>