2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

17 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Yeah and roll with Darnold. No thanks. #2 is for QB. I am OJK with trading up from 23 to get Pitts if he falls a little which is possible,

We just need to convince 12 masseuses to accuse him of showing his boner pants! Then he’s ours

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The best TE's in the game were all non premium picks, most of the guys selected high at TE have been disappointments.  Including the mentioned vernon davis.

I'd rather have one of the top end Wr's

I agree with this and my dream is to draft Chase after a trade down. But i have to admit Pitts is tempting me. 

8 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Not even surprised, I said a few weeks ago in another thread that when he runs close to or sub 4.5 people will start viewing him, not as a TE, but as Julio Jones ...if it isn’t QB at 2 it has to be Kyle Pitts

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, clayton163v said:

I appreciate the post.  Two things. 

First, our offense was so poor that the three and outs left the defense on the field too much and skewed the statistics.  It was not just time of possession either.  The defense got plenty of stops but those three and outs just kill you. 

Second, it has to be remembered that both Hall and Austin carried 2d round grades were it not for the injuries they suffered in college.  They are neither undersized or too slow.  Both are big press corners who fell in the draft because the NFL did not know if they would be able to fully recover from their very serious injuries.  Healthy, they are both coveted players.  And both HAVE recovered.  Austin came into camp positively ripped from head to toe.  He hits so hard that I worry about his health.  Hall was activated, put into the starting lineup and went the rest of the way.  As for Guidry, he is a classic nickel back type.  Ourlads said as much and you cannot teach 4.25 speed.  While Lamar Jackson played too much - he started five games - he was not awful. Remember, the difference between a guy on the street and a mediocre starter is playing time.  Jackson is a big press corner and he got plenty of playing time.  All three are good fits for the defense that Saleh intends to run.  I would add a veteran, but I think corner has as much potential as any spot on the team. 

We have far bigger problems to worry about on the other side of the ball.  Especially on the line.

Good post. Both Hall and Austin are legit NFL corners with size and are a good fit for the scheme. Hall looked really good once he got healthy, while Bless now has a good bit of experience as an NFL starter.

Guidry and Jackson were both good gets as UDFAs, and both had draftable grades. Guidry probably went undrafted because of his size, but he has truly elite speed and good cover skills. Jackson has terrific size and physicality but not great speed and can only play on the boundary.

All of these guys will be helped by Saleh's scheme, which seems to be predicated on physical corners who won't often be asked to run 30 yards downfield with receivers. Their main role will be protecting the short zones with safety help deep, a task for which Hall, Austin and Jackson are all well suited.

Guidry definitely has potential as a nickel covering the slot, although that's a position where the Jets will also probably want to add some veteran insurance at a reasonable price.

I still expect the Jets to address CB in FA and the draft, but there are also already some nice pieces to work with in Hall, Austin, Jackson and Guidry.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, varjet said:

If the Jets Gs were was good as Austin and Hall, add Wilson and this is a playoff team potentially.  

OK, maybe not.  But G is the biggest hole.  

We have that guard playing center. If JD would’ve found us a center (Linsley) I would’ve been so happy with our off season but he neglected the offensive line. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

We have that guard playing center. If JD would’ve found us a center (Linsley) I would’ve been so happy with our off season but he neglected the offensive line. 

Perhaps a trade is still possible for a good Center or he intends on addressing in the draft.

1 minute ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

If we don't get a qb, Pitts is the guy I want. But after this, I don't really see a scenario where we trade back and still get him.

Trading back to 4 should be enough. Although I doubt that what Atlanta would offer would be enough for us.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jetswin said:

psst its not woody

Yes but Woody still said the following...

"Hey there people on my social media team, now that I'm back in the states, I was thinking it was time for a bit of an image update, can you make me look and sound like I'm hip and a little edgy?" 

That actually happened. 

39 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Yes but Woody still said the following...

"Hey there people on my social media team, now that I'm back in the states, I was thinking it was time for a bit of an image update, can you make me look and sound like I'm hip and a little edgy?" 

That actually happened. 

Don't forget, that was the beginning of the downfall of Dr. Evil.?

12 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Yeah and roll with Darnold. No thanks. #2 is for QB. I am OJK with trading up from 23 to get Pitts if he falls a little which is possible,

Just curious: If you don't like Wilson or Fields, do we still use the #2 pick on a QB?

16 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

so im in SF country over here on the west coast and can tell you that sf49er fans hated coleman mckinnon...seeing them play makes me think they would be terrible here. 

I am not ok with either one...we have under performing RB's on the squad already. No thank you!

coleman is nothing special, but i'm gonna go with the guy who has been his coach over fans.  the jets need more depth in the RB room.  doesn't preclude them from drafting another back, but i'd like to add a veteran before the draft.

1 hour ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

If we don't get a qb, Pitts is the guy I want. But after this, I don't really see a scenario where we trade back and still get him.

In Corporate Think, if JD sticks with Sam and Wilson turns out to be good, he becomes another GM who passed on Dan Marino.

If Wilson has a good Pro Day and he drafts him, trades Sam for a pick used for an All Pro G/C/RT and Wilson is ok, I think people say JD tried based on what Sam has shown the last three years.

25 minutes ago, riggy001 said:

Just look at cap hits  and dead money in 2021 for both Fant and Mcgovern, neither are going anywhere this year, and both will start. At best, Jets draft a center and Mcgovern moves to guard. 

I've been liking the idea of drafting Mayfeild at 23 if Vera-Tucker is gone. It gives a potential top tier RG for year 1 while he gets acclimated. Then he transitions to RT next year. Hopefully by that time Clark or another later draft pick will develop enough as well (wishful thinking - and they'll have to still keep adding to the OL pipeline no matter what).

2 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Where would you draft a 6’6” 240 pound receiver who can run 4.46, didn’t have one drop last season, can line up outside or inside and runs a diverse route tree?   If you’re labeling him a TE then you aren’t seeing his real value.  If you include Pitts in the WR group, he’s probably the top rated WR this year as well.  

You are no playing as WR being covered. by CBs and doubled at TE.

They said essentially the same thing about Davis and his totally beastly combine stats.

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You are no playing as WR being covered. by CBs and doubled at TE.

They said essentially the same thing about Davis and his totally beastly combine stats.

I think it’s fair to say that past performance of TE’s drafted highly is underwhelming at best and past performance isn’t necessarily indicative of future results.

Pitts can be a better prospect than the other guys were (which he is) with his fans thinking that he’ll break that trend and folks who are more leery can be also be concerned about the track record of guys who have been highly regarded.

Both sides are completely valid and we’ll see how his career plays out.

• Upvote 1