2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Joe Thuney and Corey Linsley is *not* a one or the other proposition for the Jets. If Thuney were to accept the Jets offer, they would still be interested in Linsley 👀 

Stage I [Jets fail to spend $200 million in the first six hours of free agency; JN blows out its collective diaper]: COMPLETE Stage II [Jets sign a bunch of second- and third-tier FAs; JN begins

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Pitts: 8 games

Smith: 13 games

Chase: 14 games

So had Pitts played 14 games like Chase, he'll be on pace for a 21 TD season. Thank god he didn't as he would have to be selected 2nd overall to get em.

Catchs and yards and 1srt downs still do not stack up vs the WRs.

Hey Pitts is a great prospect but he is not head and shoulders ahead of the top WRs imo re value.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Paradis said:

I believe so... ?

That was my thinking why people are comparing Davis to Pitts. Nothing more than a TE going that high not skill set 

11 minutes ago, C Mart said:

That was my thinking why people are comparing Davis to Pitts. Nothing more than a TE going that high not skill set 

No they were comparing them because Davis had freakish workout numbers like Pitts does.  The last year of college production was not that far off between the two.

Another guy that had freakish numbers for a TE was Dustin Keller.

Pitts is a fine prospect who will go top 10 for sure, no way is he a slam dunk better than the top two wr if you ask me.

• Upvote 2

Right now, people close to the Jets and Panthers both expect a chess match. Douglas is going to basically express that the Jets are the Panthers' pathway to a star QB, and if they don't give up what he's asking he'll just draft Wilson himself. Panthers are going to say we can still get a QB without moving up to #2, even if we'd like to land Zach Wilson. 

When push comes to shove I ultimately think Carolina trades up for Zach Wilson. He's a perfect match for their scheme (more perfect than he is for the "Shanahan" scheme), he fills the "star" QB void the owner wants, their coaching staff has had a year to establish their culture/identity, and they have the support system to foster a young QB. If Deshaun is off the table they have 2 real options: stay put or trade up above ATL. Why pay the price to move to #3 when you can pay a little more for #2 and get the guy you want who fits your style of play best? Just seems like there will be a lot of posturing, and the only way they won't move up is if they truly truly truly are as high on Mac Jones as they are rumored to be, in which case they would feel less motivated to move up to #2 unless its a deal in their best interest, and if not just wait it out RE: LAC and take him at 8. Not sure I'm buying that one either. 

I can't ignore that the Jets receiver core is built in a way that would be maximized most by a QB like Wilson (deep throwing YOLO balls) vs. a QB like Darnold (finding the crossing receiver and hit in stride), but I was told that this had nothing to do with Wilson, rather, LaFleur's desire to attack downfield more than Kyle did coupled with Douglas's affinity for bigger-bodied receivers (I'm not sure I fully buy it but we'll see)... FWIW, apparently the staff expects big improvements on Darnold's intermediate-and-downfield passing when Knapp and Calabrese are done working with him (if they do). 

• Upvote 4
31 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Pitts is a fine prospect who will go top 10 for sure, no way is he a slam dunk better than the top two wr if you ask me.

He’s not better than the one coming off a major ankle injury, the one that looks like a major injury waiting to happen, or the one that hasn’t played in 14 months?

They all have a degree of uncertainty.  Including Pitts. 

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, KRL said:

This late in free agency you start with a one year deal with a 4-5 million base and incentives

that could get him up to 9-10 million

But if you really like the player then you should definitely pay a little extra to lock him down. Plus there's been worse CB that have sign for $7.5 mil yesterday. This guy is a legit number 2.

32 minutes ago, Cbucco19 said:

I’m standing by 2 of the people close to the Jets organization I trust . One had beCton weeks prior to draft and the other had saleh days before he was hired. . I was told Jets to Wilson is a done deal pending physical . Maybe next time Football guy checks in , he will hear the same . Heard about it Friday night. 

Wilson from Dennis the Menace? 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
34 minutes ago, Cbucco19 said:

I’m standing by 2 of the people close to the Jets organization I trust . One had beCton weeks prior to draft and the other had saleh days before he was hired. . I was told Jets to Wilson is a done deal pending physical . Maybe next time Football guy checks in , he will hear the same . Heard about it Friday night. 

This is the smoke I would be signaling too if I wanted another team to trade up for Wilson.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sad 1
  • Post of the Week 1

It’s not smoke ! It was private messages and I can show u the messages about BeCton and etc . Think what u guys want but I’ll bet money ... sam won’t be here . So whoever wants to throw money down let me know 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Cbucco19 said:

It’s not smoke ! It was private messages and I can show u the messages about BeCton and etc . Think what u guys want but I’ll bet money ... sam won’t be here . So whoever wants to throw money down let me know 

If Douglas is the talent evaluator that we've been led to believe there is no way that he could conclude that Sam is going to go from QB number 32 to a top 10 QB.  Douglas is doing a good job of trying to prop up Sam's trade value but at the end of the day Douglas will not be tying his fate to Sam's future performance.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

And everyone listening to Corey Davis ? How come Sam hasn’t reached out ?  Corey Davis is following multiple Jets on the roster on Instagram... guess who he isn’t following 

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, Cbucco19 said:

Question for you: what is the definition of a smoke signal, in context of team leaks leading up to a draft?

1 hour ago, Cbucco19 said:

And everyone listening to Corey Davis ? How come Sam hasn’t reached out ?  Corey Davis is following multiple Jets on the roster on Instagram... guess who he isn’t following 

is it BeCton

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

The Panthers added players on both sides of the ball today. The team first announced the signing of linebacker Frankie Luvu, and they later announced that they’ve re-signed offensive lineman John Miller.

Christian Jones is heading back to Chicago. The free agent linebacker is signing with the Bears, the team announced on Twitter. Terms of the deal haven’t been reported.

Jordan Willis is off to San Francisco. The defensive end has signed with the 49ers, reports Matt Barrows of the The Athletic (via Twitter). It’s a one-year deal for the 25-year-old.

The Seahawks’ pass-rushing plans are coming into focus. Shortly after they agreed to re-sign Benson Mayowa, the Seahawks agreed to terms with defensive end Kerry Hyder.

31 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

The Panthers added players on both sides of the ball today. The team first announced the signing of linebacker Frankie Luvu, and they later announced that they’ve re-signed offensive lineman John Miller.

I think we will miss Luvu.

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, Cbucco19 said:

In fairness, Sam Darnold's instagram page is pretty much just paid ads and reposts from Dan Szpakowski (Team Photographer) who's actually a great follow.

10 hours ago, football guy said:

Ultimately it comes down to what the Jets can get for #2 (Wilson) vs. what they can get for Darnold. It may be easier to trade Darnold for FMV than it is to trade #2 for what they ultimately determine to be FMV, but if the pro-days conclude and the Panthers offer 3 first- and a second-round pick for #2, you can bet on that trade happening. If they play hardball and the clock ticks closer to the draft without coming close to the Jets ask, I'm guessing they would trade Darnold. All I know is they hope to have a resolution a few weeks prior to the draft. 

do the panthers have multiple 1st round picks to offer, or would it be one each in 2021-23 plus 2nd rounders?

7 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

do the panthers have multiple 1st round picks to offer, or would it be one each in 2021-23 plus 2nd rounders?

No but when they were vetting GM candidates, they were letting them know it was their intent to go “all-in” on a star QB. Part of their hiring process was finding the guy they felt could get it done. 

Whether or not that still stands today is hard to say. They would’ve been the front-runners for Watson if he were made available, now the question is whether they move up to 2, move up a few spots, or convince ownership they can still land the best guy for the Panthers at 8 — if they truly love Lance/Jones the way they’ve been leading people to believe 

• Upvote 1