2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

10 minutes ago, JiF said:

Wait, people are excited about these signings? How on earth are you excited about Coleman and Curry? 

They are 2 worthless players.

lol

Parcells used to call these "hold the fort guys". Every team needs them, low cost, expendable, get the job done when called on.

So the Jets have 73 players on the roster, leaving them 17 open spots if they weren't to cut anyone. Currently hold 9 draft picks (number could grow). They are around $16.5 million under the cap and their rookie pool will account for another $8 million, leaving the Jets roughly $8.5 million to spend if they so choose to. 

1 hour ago, football guy said:

So the Jets have 73 players on the roster, leaving them 17 open spots if they weren't to cut anyone. Currently hold 9 draft picks (number could grow). They are around $16.5 million under the cap and their rookie pool will account for another $8 million, leaving the Jets roughly $8.5 million to spend if they so choose to. 

that's incredible.... how did we start FA with nearly the most cap, and already be that close to empty.... i feel like lots of team spent more than us... Guess i underestimate how much it took to land those first 3 names. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Paradis said:

that's incredible.... how did we start FA with nearly the most, and already be that close to the using it up.... i feel like lots of spend more than us... Guess i underestimate how much it took to land those first 3 names. 

I think they frontloaded some contracts. 

Their rookie pool must be more than that.  1.2 costs about $10mm.