2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

6 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

Matt Breida will leave the Dolphins but stay in the AFC East. The Bills are signing the four-year veteran running back, Ian Rapoport of NFL.com tweets. Breida is expected to sign a one-year deal.

He was a guy that I thought we would have interest in. I guess the Coleman signing killed off any chance of that happening.

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Notable how many receivers want no part of playing with Lamar Jackson

This is an interesting point. I'm wondering if WR's see that he doesn't have the patience to let them get open, but just tucks and run after 2- 3 secs. These guys bust their humps to get to the spot and get the ball, and if it doesn't come, it starts to wear on you.

Another great deal by the Jets on the Coleman contract:

Just $1.1M with a very low guarantee. Great deal - adds a veteran with experience in the scheme, but doesn't guarantee him a spot on the roster if younger players impress in camp.

52 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Another great deal by the Jets on the Coleman contract:

Just $1.1M with a very low guarantee. Great deal - adds a veteran with experience in the scheme, but doesn't guarantee him a spot on the roster if younger players impress in camp.

I expect to see a few more of these types of deals trickle in before the draft. Jets should also be well positioned after the draft to pick up vets to fill holes that didn't get addressed in the draft. 

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I'll be flabbergasted if we don't, it's not just our dubious quality of CBs but quantity as well.

Im sitting here like I love all the moves, I really really do. Great upgrades everywhere starting and back ups, great. BUT NOW IS THE TIME!! 

can we get some 1 year CBs too? please

48 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

“There were no trade-up talks with the Jets...”

Completely debunks the other theory of the Jets holding out for a massive trade-down haul. 

They’ve just been waiting on Wilson’s pro day + medicals.

The fact that they didn’t even engage in trade talks says everything. They were planning on drafting Wilson the whole time.

It doesn’t say anything.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 2

52 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

“There were no trade-up talks with the Jets...”

Completely debunks the other theory of the Jets holding out for a massive trade-down haul. 

They’ve just been waiting on Wilson’s pro day + medicals.

The fact that they didn’t even engage in trade talks says everything. They were planning on drafting Wilson the whole time.

Maybe.

Also possible the Jets didn't want to trade back to 12.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Please elaborate 

SF never called us.

If they never called us, then we never declined talks.

Which all of the conclusions in his post are simply guesses, not conclusions we should draw.

Yes, Zach may be the pick. That wouldn’t make his post less of a false conclusion to draw, based on what we’ve just been told.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

SF never called us.

Which all of the conclusions in his post are simply guesses, not conclusions we should draw.

Yes, Zach may be the pick. That wouldn’t make his post less of a false conclusion to draw, based on what we’ve just been told.

So you think the Niners preferred trading 2 1sts and a 3rd to move up to 3 as opposed to 2? 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

SF never called us.

I took those comments to mean SF called and Douglas was not interested. We can speculate on why he wasn’t interested.  But not having trade talks doesn’t mean SF never called .

17 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

SF never called us.

This arguing just to argue 

5 hours ago, GreenFish said:

I took those comments to mean SF called and Douglas was not interested. We can speculate on why he wasn’t interested.  But not having trade talks doesn’t mean SF never called .

How do you guys get “there were calls to the Jets but they said they weren’t interested” from this statement: “there were no trade talks with the Jets...”  lol.

Joe’s made it clear he’ll take calls on his own mother. Pretty sure he would have heard SF out. 

• Upvote 3